Whats the dumbest reason youve been counseled?

by avishai 155 Replies latest jw experiences

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

Ok so where do I start?

*Having a noisy child

*Inviting a 'marked' sister back for a coffee with the rest of group after the service

*Asking "if we leave things to Jehovah and keep our mouths shut who's he going use to sort the problem out?"

*Having 3 ear-rings in one ear

*Having a tattoo

*Riding a motorbike

and one I'll never forget. It still causes me to fall about laughing when I think about it, the elder who spoke to me said they'd discussed it in the elders meeting:-

*my nipples showing through my top when its cold!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

• Wanting to study to much
    • Wanting to get baptized
    • Letting my Mom stay over at my apartment (although she had NO where to go)
    • For being in love with my boyfriend (now hubby) and NOT being ashamed to admit it
    • My hubbies ex girlfriend was in trouble for fornication SO WE got talked to <we hadn't even kissed>
    • For dating although we NEVER did get to date hmmm
    • For kicking the bitch Pioneer sister out of my apartment after she asked me if my fiance could please me after we were married hmmmm
    • For wanting my sisters and family to be in and at my wedding
    • For being mad when my hubby went to Chicago after we were married to work, my little girl had gotten really sick I had NO one and they couldn't under stand why I might be upset
    • For not cutting my sons hair when he was a baby
    • and on and on...............

I guess just for being me LOL

• Jourles
    Jourles

Refusing to use the newer cross-reference bible when it came out. I didn't have the green bible, mine was black. It suited me just fine for almost 17 years or so. I only had about 3 elders ever ask me to change bibles. In each instance I asked them, "Why should I get a new bible? This one isn't worn out yet. And besides, does it read differently than yours?" Recently, I had to change bibles because my old one was just too worn. I'm still not using a cross-reference version of the NWT. I'm using a mini-bible, the one that can fit into your coat pocket. Haven't heard anything about this one yet....

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

For wearing a joke water-squirting button hole flower at a party in which fancy dress was permitted. I was supposed to be Charlie Chaplin, perhaps they mistook me for Hitler, and misconstrued the flower for some kind of offensive weapon.

Another Escapee:

*Asking "if we leave things to Jehovah and keep our mouths shut who's he going use to sort the problem out?"

ROTFLOL!!! I don't know why but that really tickled me, I wish I'd thought of saying that.

ig.

• avishai
    avishai

Wow, I almost forgot! During the CO's visit, I was called in by CO & PO because I was going to massage school. CO sez that he knew a bro who was a massage therapist & it made him gay & that he got aids, & finally returned to the truth, but was dying, and I just better watch out that it did'nt make ME gay. I asked if he was serious, he said, "Yes, of course!" So I laughed, walked out & went and slept w/ my worldly Girlfriend. I did'nt go to meetings much after that.

P.S. Thanks for the link, Beck!

• TheItalian
    TheItalian

• My closest JW friend: for going preaching with no bag, only magazines at hand. Now it's a counsel from the KM.
    • Me: for reading.
    • For having answered about what I studied at college. (philosophy)
    • For being alone in my car with sisters. 6 in an old 4seats Renault.
    • For being alone in my car. Alone.
    • For having a car. An old one.
  • dedalus
    dedalus

my nipples showing through my top when its cold!

ROTFLMAO! What was the counsel, anyway -- to wear tighter tops?

I was counseled for:

* holding hands with a girlfriend

* using the word "lucky" in a number four talk

* using words that were too big in a number four talk

* not making an arcane bible reading relevant to our modern times in a number two talk

* not being fast enough with the microphones

* not showing up early enough for meetings

* wanting to go to college/actually going to college

* going to a symphony with non-witnesses

* being friends with a non-witness

* not getting 10 hours a month in field service

And so on ...

Dedalus

Edited by - dedalus on 6 January 2003 22:50:48

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hey Escapee.....I just wanted to make you feel better by letting you know that if I was an elder in your hall, I NEVER would have counseled you on your "problem", or any other sister with a similar "problem".....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    my nipples showing through my top when its cold

Hmmmm... sounds like I may have to convene a Judicial Committee composed of myself, and my camera.

It is very clear that this arrangement has Jehovah's approval because this matter has come to light during the very cold months of winter which will help me in my investigation.

Please note: Make sure you bring some ice-cubes, a thin white t-shirt, a pitcher of water and no bra.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    my nipples showing through my top when its cold

Why do they do that? Is it some sort of early warning system to let you know its cold, like a truck beeps when its reversing?

Its something I've often thought about .......

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit