Green Bay Packers thread

by musky 199 Replies latest social physical

• musky
    musky

Blondie, Great to see another Packers Fan!

• blondie
    blondie

Musky, a fan for 45 years, through thick and thin.

Blondie

• LB
    LB

Of course us old die hards wish we still had Rice on the 9ers. But it isn't like they don't have some top receivers on that team. We need a couple of good corners way more than another receiver.

The niners always seem to allow their hall of fame players to slip away towards the end of their career. But that's more about money and salary caps than anything else.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

GO PACK!!!!!!!

i now have a little shrine hanging from my rearview mirror, thanks to xenawarrior. damn you, bitch!! just kiddin, you know i love ya girlie!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Goph- you may have something there-I remember even back in grade school people saying- Don't ever bet on the Packers when they play in Minnesota.

Demons in that stadium I tell ya!!! Just so you know though, it's like a democrat cancelling out the vote of a Republican- I just cancelled out your appeal to the gods !!

See you tomorrow

Go Pack!!

XW

• not interested
    not interested

well im on my way to metrodome, I have a fatted young calf, a voodoo doll of bret farve and some incence, not to mention alot of beer, im going to sacrifice the calf outside to dome and burn incence to appese the gods, then im going to take the blood of the calf,and the voovoo doll, and appeal to the gost of the metrodome, and im going to throw vicoden all over the field, if all goes well i think i may be able to help pull out a viking win, as long as they can beat the pack here and in green bay i dont care if the stupid vikings win another game this year( im not asking for alot am i?)

but hey with a top draft pick next year and 28 million dollars of salary cap money to work with, who knows maybe a worst to first situation for the purple, if daunte can get his head out of his but

• musky
    musky

LOL not interested, Could you please keep your voice down at the metrodome. And also, could you please tell those around you to keep their voices down as well? And what's the deal with that viking horn that keeps blowing . Very distracting also. Oh well, never mind. The pack knows what to expect in the dome. I understand they practiced with a lot of noise just to get ready for this game. GO PACK GO .

• target
    target

it was close right up to the last two minutes,24-21. Then I saw a number of demons floating around and the next thing I knew, the Vikings had another touchdown! They need to fumagate that dome and get rid of those demons!

Time to take the Packer scarves of the dog and the guinea pig. They are sooo depressed.

Target

Edited by - target on 17 November 2002 17:32:58

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey NOT INTERESTED,

Whatever you did -- it must have worked. The Vikings beat the Packers today 31-21. Here's the news report:

Culpepper makes Packers wait to clinch

NFL.com wire reports

MINNEAPOLIS (Nov. 17, 2002) -- It doesn't matter how well Green Bay is playing. The Packers always seem to have trouble in Minnesota.

Daunte Culpepper threw for two touchdowns and ran for another one, and the Vikings intercepted Brett Favre three times Sunday in a 31-21 victory.

The Packers (8-2) have lost nine of 11 at the Metrodome and missed out on a chance to become the earliest team to clinch a division title in a 16-game season.

Michael Bennett ran for 130 yards on 20 carries. His 62-yard run just before the 2-minute warning in the fourth quarter set up a 3-yard touchdown run by Moe Williams - his 10th of the year for the Vikings (3-7).

Minnesota's 31st-ranked defense held Ahman Green to 71 yards and kept Favre - who was 24-of-42 for 296 yards and two touchdowns - completely out of rhythm in the fourth quarter.

Despite adding three more turnovers to his league-high total of 22, Culpepper was 13-for-26 for 217 yards and lost one of his three fumbles. Randy Moss caught six passes for 115 yards and a touchdown.

Down by two scores in the third, Favre threw a 24-yard pass to Bubba Franks on fourth-and-1. After Lance Johnstone's second third-down roughing-the-passer penalty, Favre found Franks again for a 1-yard TD pass that cut the lead to 21-14.

Minnesota's Greg Biekert intercepted Favre twice, but both times Culpepper gave Green Bay the ball right back. Biekert returned his second pick to the Green Bay 5, but Culpepper fumbled the snap on third-and-goal at the 1.

Early in the fourth, Favre completed a third-and-10 pass to Donald Driver, whose catch and run turned into an 84-yard TD that tied the game at 21.

Gary Anderson's 32-yard field goal with 7:16 left put the Vikings up 24-21, and then their defense forced Favre into two straight three-and-outs before Bennett's run put the game away.

The game began ominously for the Packers, as it has so many times for them in Minnesota over the last decade.

Last season, Green Bay came into the game with a 4-1 record and fell behind 20-0 at halftime. Sure enough, Minnesota went up 14-0 barely eight minutes into this game and made 10 first downs to Green Bay's one in the first quarter.

Culpepper, benched in favor of Todd Bouman in the fourth quarter of last week's loss to the New York Giants, led Minnesota on a five-play, 79-yard drive that ended on a 29-yard TD pass to Moss for its first score.

Then the Vikings stopped Green for no gain on third-and-2 and forced a punt by Josh Bidwell that netted only 27 yards.

Capping a drive kept alive by a third-down pass interference penalty on Tyrone Williams, Culpepper lofted an 18-yard pass to D'Wayne Bates - who jumped over Williams' shoulder for the touchdown to put the Vikings up by two touchdowns.

The Packers drove 63 yards to pull to 14-7 on Green's 1-yard touchdown run. Thirty of those yards came on penalties.

Minnesota took the momentum back in the third quarter with an 81-yard drive, 28 coming on a pass interference penalty on Williams. Culpepper scored on a rollout, his fifth rushing TD of the season, to make it 21-7.
    AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2002, The Associated Press, All Rights

• musky
    musky

congratulations to the vikings . The pack seemed to be a victim of the metroghosts today. I wonder if this game set a NFL record for the most penalties in a game? Sheeesh! The pack has another tough game coming up also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit