Green Bay Packers thread

by musky 199 Replies latest social physical

• not interested
    not interested

holy crap it worked, if i had known i had this po

wer the Vikings would be undefeated.

could it be that this is the start of the down slide that we all knew the pack was going to make?

I can see it now the pack losing it last 6 games, and the Vikings winning the last six, final standings minnesota 9-7, pack 8-8 wouldnt that be awsome (hey i can dream cant i)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Not interested,

Yeah sure, let's dream!!

But in reality the Packers are a dominant home team (and only seem to show their vulnerability on the road, particularly in domed stadia). LAMBEAU FIELD -- the Frozen Tundra, has its own ghosts -- as the Vikings will likely find out when the Packers pay retribution on December 8.

But today was sure fun.

• not interested
    not interested

yeah gopher, i know about the lambeau gosts, they are unbeaten at home in how long...blah blah blah. Im telling ya i got the voodoo working,

now if xena warrior, can come through with tickets, then hannible and I, and maybe Joanna, are going to head out to chease land and put a good ol' voodoo curse on them packers

PS. how come all the packer fans are so quiet tonight?

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Packer fan checking in!!

My hats off to you Vikings fans!! Wow, not- that's some powerful stuff ya got there!!!! And I'm still looking for tickets. They are currently expensive and hard to come by but I've got feelers out in all directions- would be so much fun!!! But you have to promise to leave your damnable curse rituals in the Cities!!!!

Demons I tell ya!

Gopher- congrats!!!

XW - of the "still a diehard cheesehead" class

• musky
    musky

Get ready Tampa Bay fans. The pack is coming to town, baby! And they are looking for a team to take there frustrations out on, after the loss to the vikes.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Going to take my life in my own hands, here, and interrupt the cheesehead lovefest with a question:

Why does Brett Favre (admittedly one of the toughest QBs in the league) take dives if looked at cross-eyed, whine like a baby to the refs during games, then whine to the press afterward about all the cheap shots he takes? Is he trying to bolster his tough guy image by exagerrating the hits he takes, or is it just a little gamesmanship, getting the refs on his side for the next game?

Hmmm (who wants to puke every time he sees yellow flags whenever an opposing team's jersey brushes Favre's Holy Personage)

• musky
    musky

Hmmm , Sounds like your talking about a different Bret Favre. The one that plays for the Packers doesen't whine. Where did he whine to the press? Taking dives? How about playing smart! His record stands for itself. Your entitled to your opinion, but take a real good look at how he plays. Maybe you will change your mind.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Pff~!

Brett Favre is the biggest whiner in the NFL, what are you talking about? Don't get me wrong, he is a great quarterback, he is scary sometimes with his accuracy, but that doesn't mean he doesn't piss and moan. But I guess part of being a good quarterback in the NFL is being a good crybaby actor.

EYEGIRL?!??!! How could you forsake the Vikings?? You were born in Minnesota, how could you? The cheesey side has taken you, I am not sure we can continue our friendship. Hee hee!

Edited by - joannadandy on 20 November 2002 19:1:45

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Musky,

You must understand that I'm posting from Lion's country. We dont have much to talk about with our team, so we just complain about others.

Favre has a bit of a reputation for complaining when he plays division rivals and gets roughed up. Detroit did it to him a few times at home, and I believe Tampa Bay has handed him his head a time or two--though GB usually wins the game, anyway--and he sounds like a little nancy boy (no offense to any nancy boys out there) after the games.

Just pokin' a little fun,

Hmmm

• Solace
    Solace

Just had to check in and give Gopher, my fav Viking, fan a pat on the back.

If the Pack had to lose to anyone, Im glad it was the Vikings.

Only because they are basically finished of course, but I am glad for you Goph. tehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit