Do You View Your Fellow Posters As Your Friends?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is this just a board to you? Do you really care about the people here? Have you made "real" friends here???

• larc
    larc

Yes, I care about people here, and I consider many to be my friends. When my wife was hospitalized, she received flowers from two people here, a gift from one, and cards from over a dozen people, plus phone calls from many. I think all of that support helped boost her spirits and helped her recover.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Not in the sense of having that one-on-one friendship, obviously. I do remember most of us here have that one common bond and leave it at that. If'en' anyone of us are able to establish a relationship beyond that, then great. I do know that there is love and concern for each other, most of the time anyhow.

granny

• blondie
    blondie

Friends are people you can trust. People here are entertaining and helpful, but for me there is not basis yet for trust. Don't feel bad; I don't trust anyone at the KH and they aren't even entertaining or helpful.

Blondie

• badboy
    badboy

I have noticed,mimimus,that U seem 2 b able 2 do 2 threads thereas I can only do 1 thread, how come?

• blondie
    blondie

Badboy, he pays Simon for the privilege. It's called simony.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I do consider many my friends I have had many conversations with several and I know that I could count on them in a minute. And I hope that they feel the same way about me. I love people easily and I am a good judge of people. But look out for the person who double crosses me, then that is a different story and I can say that has not happened on the board with anyone. I have had some strange e-mails from some and sent viruses and I am hoping that it didn't orginate here. When I was depressed i had some great assistance from some of the girls in here. And I know in a minute if I were to email or talk to them in forum they would give me a listening ear and give me their private number . So yes I view almost everyone here as my best friend. And I would hope that most would consider me their friend as I have met several of you and I was delighted and happy as a kiity in litter to meet you. So please be assured of my love and respect for all of you.

Orangefatcat.

Edited by - orangefatcat on 14 November 2002 10:24:18

• LB
    LB

Yes I do and I've met some who have become friends.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Minimus:

I used to call the people I cared about in the kingdom hall "the friends."

If I could call them friends, I guess I can call the people here friends.

Webster's Dictionary -

Friend - one attached to another by esteem and affection; an intimate associate; a supporter

((((((to all my new cyber-friends))))))

besides, Simon says this is the place to "meet new friends"

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I've met some wonderful people here. I have made a few friends that snail mail and phone and I'm planning to meet. I consider windchaser a real friend. I trust her more than any friend I've known. She's like a sister to me. Xena and cassi also.

Sorry if that sounds naive.

We've shared losses, death, tears, laughter, joy, sorrow. Isn't that what a friend is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit