Do You View Your Fellow Posters As Your Friends?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

yes esp thsoe who i have met off line

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=38712&site=3

'Nuff said!

bc (of the "Internet Couple Gets Married Class)

• jack2
    jack2

There are real people behind all the posts, obviously. I try to get to know a few by various means, and that has been rewarding. I've never met anyone from this or any other board personally. Does that somehow limit the extent of the friendship? I'm not sure, but in a sense I don't see why it has to as long as there is mutual trust.

There have been a couple of people from this board who have even reached out to me beyond e-mail and IM chat, like snail-mail and phone, and I think that makes the friendship seem more real to me. I'd really like to meet some of these folks. Too bad no one lives close.

• waiting
    waiting

I've met some fabulous people on this forum, and on H20, and other xjw forums. Some, I've come to be very close to - as close as possible in this type of communication.

But the Apostate Gatherings, the phone calls, the visits in the Real World is where we can *flesh out* our picture of our friends - or acquaintances who become our friends after meeting.

Yeah, I've met some fine friends here - and I'm sure I'll meet more.

waiting

• Xena
    Xena

I have a hard time getting close to many people, but I have made a few very good friends from this site...people who have been there for me thru the good and bad times....some I have met in person and some I hope to meet in the future.

uuummmm April....since when does windy come before ME???????

BTW may I say again THANK YOU to Simon for giving me the opportunity to come into contact with some of the best people I have met online or off!

Xena who can kiss ass with the best of them

• mouthy
    mouthy

I feel like I gathered family here I have adopted two as my grandchildren.

I really enjoy being part of you some times "whacky" gang.. I have learned ALOT on here.

Thanks Simon & Angie......(((((hugs))))

• musky
    musky

There are not any posters here that I would consider my friends. I am usually the quiet type. I have found that the posters here don't seem to be all that interested in what I have to say anyway. But I still enjoy being here, and reading all the great threads.

• Xena
    Xena
    I have found that the posters here don't seem to be all that interested in what I have to say anyway.

Trust me musty we ALL feel that way sometimes....but just you never know what you say might touch someone and you will never even know it...everyone's words have value to someone.

As for making friends, there are quite a few good people on here. But I have to say be careful at first of who you trust...it's a sad thing to have to say, but a true one....just like in real life most real friendships take awhile to build....but the end result is worth the effort.

Best wishes and looking forward to reading more of your posts!

• Adam
    Adam

Xena? Di, is that you honey?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

oh God, I've gone and done it! Offended a crazy woman with a sword!

Xena, you know youre' the BEST!! #1.....

See, let me explain.....you're my open, honest, leather wearing, cool, sex-crazed, uninhibited, open-minded, sexy, takes no shit friend.

Wind is my cry on shoulder, sisterly, sensitive, cool, sex-crazed, uninhibited, open-minded, sexy, takes no shit friend.

But you're having SEX, and we're NOT!!!! LOL So we have more things to cry about!!

But, hey, you're both blonde!!!

Love you both...

April

(of the whew, narrowly avoided that beheading class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit