Do You View Your Fellow Posters As Your Friends?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

How many people here have met someone on the board and later married them?

How many people here have met someone on the board and later, um, did the wild thing with them?

Close calls?

Near misses?

Strike outs?

How many people here have gone to meet someone from the board and, after taking one close up peek, wished they'd stayed home?

Just curious.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Frank,

How many people here have met someone on the board and later married them?

Not me.

How many people here have met someone on the board and later, um, did the wild thing with them?

Not me.

Close calls?

Nope.

Near misses?

Nope.

Strike outs?

Nope.

How many people here have gone to meet someone from the board and, after taking one close up peek, wished they'd stayed at home?

Not me.

Just curious

So am I!

Spanner

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

More and more I have been learning to distance myself from the boards and thinking of people as friends. I don't do this because I don't care, but because I have been hurt many times when people I considered friends turned on me or said things that showed me they were not who they claimed to be. I keep the friendships small, and at arms distance.

My thought

Dragon

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Jim,

I really like it here especially when I'm called a Fucking Idiot!

Jim

You lucky bugger, how did you manage that?

All I got was:

You're an idiot

When things got a little controversial.

How come you are allowed to copulate whilst being a mental retard but I am relegated to just a plain old sub-human.

It's not fair! I'm going to lodge a formal complaint!

The Truth(tm) is, I envy you, Jim!

Spanner

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

As Kenpo said I am distancing my self from the board and people on it but for a different reason. Although I will say that seeing the attacks on others here is disturbing at times.

It seems to me that there is a group of people here that over time have come to know each other and more or less ignore the ones that come to this board unless they have something very new and interesting to bring up.

Not all of us have the time to spend on the internet or other sources of info to do that. Some do not have that inclination. It really does remind me somewhat of going to the Kh and watching the interaction. But I and I am sure you have also, seen this in many organizations other than religious.

I do not think of many of you as friends. But I do admire you for the stands against religious tyranny and the helpful information you give to others in a time of need. I admire those who went through hell and kept their sanity in the struggle to survive a cult and its attacks. I am not refering to any one individual on this forum nor do I intend to criticize this forum. This is how I see things and is my opinion only. You need not agree with me to have my respect.

Outoftheorg

• Simon
    Simon

I'd consider quite a few of the people we've met on here as friends. I don't always get to spend as much time chatting or posting as I used to but I always try to read as much as I can and like to chat with a few people behind the scenes.

I did like it when I could welcome everyone who joined but it seems sometimes like I see a name for the first time and they already have several hundred posts !

Out of all the people we've conversed with, I'd say we've only had one or two bad experiences with betrayed trust etc... which could make us wary about opening up to others but to be honest, the good friendships we've made have more than made up for it so I don't let it affect how we are with people (I hope!).

I hope that the close friends we have made continue well beyond the forum and into the future as I can't see myself donig this forever. There are some very special people who have helped us a lot and mean a great deal to us.

• Xena
    Xena

ooohhh don't feel bad Spanner....I have a feeling you will catch up with Jim real quick

actually Jim sorry to hear that, sometimes people say things in the heat of the moment that they later regret.....I know I have....lets face it we are all human and prone to error and losing our temper...and in this type of forum sometimes it is easy to just let loose in ways we would most likely not do in a face to face encounter.

• shera
    shera

Yes,I do consider you all my friends.We all have all have a connection and feel some of the same pain.I haven't made any close friends as of yet,but I"m sure I will as time goes.

• shera
    shera

jjrizo,I don't think you are an idiot.

• terabletera
    terabletera

I've made wonderful friends with people on the boards. Dragon is right thought, just when you think you know someone, they can attack. One can get blindsided. I think when two people disagree, it's like the temperature rises much quicker on the internet. Perhaps because we read animosity in a post when it isn't really there but is implied to the reader because they see disagreement.

Well, unless, of course, someone DOES come out and call you a "fucking idiot"...that is, at least, very blunt and can be taken only one way.

I think you can get good at seeing the sorts that like to bait people. They'd be the ones I keep very far away. Not to shun them, but to be "aware" and "careful". Fights are painful, been there done that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit