Do You View Your Fellow Posters As Your Friends?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Well, let's see. I can tell my darkest secrets, my hurts, joys. I can say just about anything and get advise. I've laughed with you, cried with you. I've felt your pain.

Isn't that what friends do? So, yep, I consider many here my friends.

• siegswife
    siegswife

I've never gotten close to anyone here, don't go into chat and usually lurk around, but I feel affection for the people here.

Most of the time I feel that any comment I could add would just be redundant since someone else already said it better than I could.

I know if I couldn't check in for some reason in I'd feel a loss.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Yes, I do have some "freinds" here. And a few good associates .

As a few of you know I have had a real crappy summer, dealing with an unwarranted divorce, requested by my "active" witness wife (and sponsored, aided and abetted by her JW cronies). Several of you all have been rather gracious, giving me a place to turn for support, or telling me to "cowboy up" as needed.

I have been touched with the kindness of several who have been kind enough to include me in their festivities. I am greatful that I have been able to return support and encouragement to a few in need on this board also.

Most of the people I am refering to here are the ones who truly took one positive JW dogma to heart and practice it, "showing Love among each other", and I am truly thankful that I stumbled in here.

I am hoping to get to know many of you better as time goes on. I hope that many of you will come to accept me and the freindship I offer too.

Scooter, Eyegirl and Xena W-- you all are simply the Best! Joy2Bfree, Jgnat- thanks for the shoulder-your perspective has been great for me. Craig "Onacruse", I really respect you and the ability you have to press on in life. Good Luck and God Bless in your new life chapter with Katie.

Cowboy and Jim-TX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Megadude, you're way deep and I enjoy your comments.

Country Girl and Preston! both ya'll are a hoot! Mac and Mustang, my cooler is aways full for you guys.

Some of you gals have been good therapy for me too. Jesika, honey, are the little sister I never had. You are one tough gal, Bless you dear. NotPerfectYet, one of my better freinds on the planet.

Animal-- I enjoy hanging with you as much as anyone.

Sloan and RWaggoner-- I really look forward to getting to know you and many of our newbies better.

ROBDAR :X -If it wasnt for this place we'd never found each other after all these years!

Did I miss anyone? Now for anyone reading this that says "that boy needs a life" I gotta tell you, My life is better being with my cyber freinds than without them.

• musky
    musky

Siegswife, I share your thoughts. I posted earlier on this thread , but after seeing your post, I could not have said it any better. I do enjoy reading all the interesting threads.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

bttt

• Mac
    Mac

Hilly

Awe shucks(((((((((Hillbilly))))))))))) (I get a beer now, right?)

mac, of the I'll never look as sexy as Hill in strapless bibs class:)

• Robdar
    Robdar
    My life is better being with my cyber freinds than without them.

Hillbilly,

What a wonderful thing to say. Sentiments like the one quoted above, are one of the reasons that I consider you to be one of my bestest cyber buddies. I am so grateful to Simon and this forum for helping us to rediscover each other after all these years.

mac, of the I'll never look as sexy as Hill in strapless bibs class

Mac,

I think you and Hillbilly would look even sexier in a low-cut milking blouse.

Love,

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 15 November 2002 1:22:18

• Prisca
    Prisca

I have made some good friends on this board during my time here. Some I have met, a few of them I would consider close friends. They know my ups and downs, what's happening in my life, etc etc.

Some on here I haven't met because they live in different continents. If it wasn't for distance, I would definitely want to meet up with them. Instead, we stay in touch via emails, IM and even snail mail.

The rest of the posters here I would class as accquaintances. I'm happy to chat to most of everyone here via posting on threads. Some I avoid because they have either abused my trust, or are too abusive towards me. But that happens in real life too, so you have to take the good with the bad.

• breeze
    breeze

Haven't met anyone yet....no guts ...I guess....

I believe there are many great ones here???

I like it a lot better now that have used the mute button on Farkel...

LOL HA HA !!!

• onacruse
    onacruse

I have trouble making friends with anyone whose name starts with min...

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit