Do You View Your Fellow Posters As Your Friends?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• musky
    musky

Matty, "post-a- holic?" You must have went to the school of Minimus!

• ambush22
    ambush22

i c every 1 as my friend untill they act other wise

\

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I consider several on this board my real friends. Some I have met in person, some on the phone , and I have seen them in pictures. I wanted to meet many more at the last gathering but was unable to attend and felt like I had missed an assembly.......LOL..

I have received so much from my friends here, one of by best friends here sent me a gift thru the mail as a token of her friendship and I will never forget how special she is ( XW love ya girl). I have talked to many on the phone , shared emails back and forth, and yeah,,,,,, have missed calls sent my way because my son always has my phone.

I really hope to start writing letters and postcards soon, when I feel better. I enjoy chat very much and can say I truly feel strong feelings for everyone here.

I even have an adopted Grandma here( Mouthy), whom's mouthy voice I truly respect. The sister sista's , Scootergirl and Eyegirl hold a special place in my heart because we are can act goofy together .

There is a sweet couple in TN , I can't wait to met, Tinkerbell and CC.Two of the kindest peeps I know.

In my homes state of Louisiana, a very caring person Cassi and her hub , Max, hope to see her before she heads off to Germany.

I have an adopted brother too, Preston, who also likes to go out and dance a bit, maybe we shall met one day too.

I have a good friend in OK , a Cowboy, who is one of the kindest souls I have ever met.

A wise lady by the name of Joy2BFree who helped me alot when I first got here, I will always treasure the words she gave me.

There were many at the home of the Dallas Apostate Valis, who can make the best Caesar salad I have ever had, who I really would love to get to know better too. Native, Firedragon, Dustbunnie, the newlyweds, Billygoat and Mozzer. The firey little Jesika and her b/f. The crazy Bren( yeah I know who you are LOL), the sweet Shutterbug and Mary, Eleswhere, just so many.

I would love to go to Aussie one day and met Beck and her crew down there.

So, I truly feel these are real friends, some I am closer to, because of personalities being alike ,others I want to get to know better.

• Mac
    Mac

Are you kidding?

Evil apostates all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mac

• riz
    riz

yes i do consider lots of fellow posters my friends.

i talk on the phone to friends that are too far away to just hop in the car and go visit. i've met some posters in person too. there are lots of peeps that i would love to meet and get to know better.

(((((friendsfromJWD)))))

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I absolutely have made real friends here! I've also had the honor of meeting some of them personally :)

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Well, you'd have to define "friends" first, I guess. But I've met quite a few people from this board in real life, and I consider most of them my friends. Interestingly, 2 of the people I've met here I consider very close friends, even tho I only see them rarely. I share laughter, tears, and minutae about life with them, and I love them dearly (((((Outnfree and HadEnough))))).

And before you start bitching at me, ((((((Venice and Sloan)))))), I love you guys too! Geez, there are a few more that I feel very close to...but they know who they are (I hope) and they know that they are important to me.

Seriously, tho, I think it can be easy for those of us who left the Borg to fall into the trap of having only online friends and neglecting the real life people around us. I know that I did...to my detriment. As Matty said, I feel like I've really had to work hard to develop social skills b/c I sure as hell didn't learn them as a dub!

Dana

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Is this just a board to you? Do you really care about the people here? Have you made "real" friends here???

I care about most of the people here, but as far as viewing them as friends.... well, I think if you've been a JW you have a better chance of being thought of as something more than a curiosity as a poster ... I've never been a dub, enjoy the board, but know that some posters ignore those of us who've never had the 'pleasure' of attending KHs.

just my 2 cents

• JH
    JH

We are kind of Brothers and Sisters since we went through the same treatment given to us by the Watchtower

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Definitely!!!!

There's A LOT of GREAT people here!!!

I've been here such a short time but I'm already finding myself getting attached to some that I haven't even met yet. Kind of strange but you get the sense of there personalities. I'm sure the longer I'm on; the I'll become close to many. I've already begun friendships with a number of individuals. I look forward to meeting more of you.

LOVE TO ALL!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit