Do You View Your Fellow Posters As Your Friends?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

Speaking of old friends....hey Adam

ummmmm I own you an email don't I [:|]

just an FYI there are two xena's posting now...xenawarrior and me..and I had BEST NOT be catching you flirting with the other one and then claiming you thought it was me!

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OHHHHH YAAAA!!!!!

I have a ton of posters here that are my friends. Some I got to know here and have then met in person, others I knew before they started posting and still others I haven't had the chance to meet yet, but I'm closer to many of them then to some people in real life.

Ven

• Adam
    Adam

I probably would have come up with that idea on my own, but thanks for saving me the time! You gotta check out the FYF "Xena." You'd dig it.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I have plenty of tangible friends in my life. I use this forum to vent.I think people here are not very honest with thier true feeling because they want to be liked. I know i come off harsh at times.....but if you ever met me in person..i think you would suprised how really nice and caring i am.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yes, I have made lot's of friends, some of whom I have actually met.

I would really like to have a few beers with TeeJay though, now that would be fun.

Englishman.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Yes, I consider the other posters my friends. As some have found out, I am willing to remain up until the wee hours talking to them when they need someone. They listen to me too. That's friendship, to me. Being there for each other.

I have had the privilege to meeting a few face to face and am really looking forward to meeting more. Especially the soon to be newest married couple in the Northwest

Lew W

• musky
    musky

Xena, Thank you for the kind words! I look forward to reading more of your posts also.

• blondie
    blondie

Musky, when I first started posting, it seemed like I wasn't noticed. But I persisted. I always look for and read your posts.

Blondie

• musky
    musky

Blondie, Thanks! Its nice to know that someone is looking for my posts. I am not concerned at getting a lot of posts though. I have been around here for quite a while now and only about 200 posts. I guess I do a lot more reading than posting. I also enjoy reading your posts.

• Matty
    Matty

musky, you're doing fine. Don't be like me, I'm just a post-a-holic. Even if I've got nothing to say, I'll still make some inane post!

Anyway, I have many friends on this board, and really it's about time I had some bona fide friends as opposed to the dub variety. Growing up in a witness environment you can't even begin to know what a real friend is, I still feel I'm learning those social skills that I should have learnt in my early teens.

Having friendships with non-witnesses is definitely frowned upon by the Society, but even in the Congregation, close relationships are rare. Brothers and sisters get kinda close to one another, but not that close. If you confide in anyone too much, then that "friend" might gossip about you or tell your business to the elders if they think you are being "unspiritual" in any particular way. Congregation members have a duty to shop each other to the spiritual thought police. They play off against each other to gain status. You can't even be candid with your own flesh and blood.

I've met some truly wonderful people here, and it's been a immense contrast, and I'm still incredibly grateful that I stumbled upon this board, it was a real life-saver.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit