Is it wrong for a white to marry a black?

by gumby 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Teejay, I love your new profile pic! Your daughter is such a cutie!

I dont think children would have to deal with discrimation. Times are so different now. So many children are of mixed marriages these days, discrimination hardly exists among children anymore. If there is any discrimination, I believe its among the adults. We, as adults, have to stop thinking along those lines. Its up to us to teach our children "not" to discriminate.

Edited by - heaven on 6 October 2002 14:18:58

• Valis
    Valis

I've been thinking about this thread and I thought I would relate the story of my sister and how her choices in life have been used to justify my parent's vieled racism, which has always been apparent to me. My sister was always interested in African American men, especially the faithful and wholesome brothers at the hall...well my parents always discouraged this...the one word that stuck with me was my mother uttering the work black and the word lazy in the same sentence. oh but of course she's not a racist and loves everyone. What do you think happened when my sister got old enough to be on her own? She found the first worldly African American guy that would give her the time of day and proceeded to get pregnant twice by the same guy. This guy is a total sleaze bag and not because of the color of his skin, but by his life choices like crack cocaine, running off w/her car for days on end..the last time it was found gutted in Louisianna, and an incident involving my own children, in which my sister (who was supposed to be babysitting) left my kids with him then he took them to some crack house and deposited them there. The cops and my parents were called and they were retrieved safely and eventually he went to a jail for some time, but not before his actions allowed my parents to rationalize the deep seated/vieled racism they have always subscribed to. IMO, there is not ANYTHING wrong with interracial marriages of any type, as long as the people are happy, good to each other, and the sex is always great..eheheh.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Nappy Roots" class

• gumby
    gumby

Valis,

...the one word that stuck with me was my mother uttering the work black and the word lazy in the same sentence. oh but of course she's not a racist and loves everyone.

Hey ol bud, Thanks for sharing. What you said in the above statement sums up the point of this thread. That is....The Witnesses have feelings about blacks much the same as the world in general.

The GB never had a black brother untill fairly recently.

You will find many people in many churches that treat one another as equal as much as the Witnesses do. Not only in churches but in other groups and individually.

Ebony and ivory....live in perfect company. If old Stevie believes it.....It's good enough for me.LOL

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

THE BLACK MAN IS HERE TO SPEAK!!!

:-)

Of course it's okay...it does seem the article focused more on the supposed "problems and obstacles" that a couple could have than maybe....here's an idea....quote some interracial couples who have POSITIVE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THEIR MARRAIGE. Oh wow...no...we wouldn't want to do that, now would we?

I've heard so many stories about "problems" interracial couples can potentially have. You know what? This ain't the '60's anymore. The world is generally a lot more acceptable of mixed relationships. People that grew up in those time unfortunately are more prone to racist ideas even today, but as we've seen from this post, even that isn't always the case. I haven't read one post on here from anyone in a mixed relationship that has had "problems." ??? (the one girl just picked a loser - anyone that does crack...you're asking for problems, black, white, asian, what-have-you)

I've been in several relationships w/ white women, and am currently almost engaged to a beautiful young white woman. Have we had any problems? No. Her immediate family loves me and accepts me. Her mom told me in private that as long as I take care of her little girl and provide for her, she'll NEVER have any problems with me. Her grandparents actually don't send her any money anymore....they've made several comments to other family members saying they don't think it's right, blah-blah....but...whatever. The rest of the family wishes they'd take the time out to realize that i'm really a nice, mature, responsible young man and not some hoodlum rap star gang member or something. I think that's what the problem is with a lot of people - they automatically associate that image w/ a black guy.

Personally, if my child chose someone of that "description" as a mate, it would not be my preference, but I would still accept them and wish them the best. It's all about what the person is like on the inside - color has nothing to do with it these days, especially seeing how the hip-hop culture has spread through all races like a plague.

BTW, I'm a HUGE fan of hip-hop. I just don't identify with the "typical" culture of gangs, guns, disrespect of women or style of dress. *shrugs* Love the beats though, and I LOVE to dance to it. :-)

I've just never understood what the big deal is. What's so terrible about two nationalities loving each other? And what does someone elses marraige partner have to do with YOU? The person who made that comment at the mall to the grandmother about "how disgusting" it was to see the interracial family....??? I've personally never witnessed anything like that, and it would disturb me a great deal if and when I ever do. Her response was CLASSIC - way to go!!

Yeah, if anything, I get weird looks from other black people, believe it or not. Like I'm "selling out" or something. Get over it. It's not like I don't like black women - black women are BEAUTIFUL. So are Asian women, so are ALL WOMEN, regardless of skin color. Yeah, this country went through some shit years ago and whites mistreated blacks tremendously. I don't like that one bit or approve of it. But my girlfriend had nothing to do with that, just as I never have had any injustices incurred on me by any white person. So leave what's in the past in the past - learn from it and relate to your kids how wrong slavery and racist thinking was and still is.

This comforter dude is a complete moron. If JW's knew they had him on here representing the rest of JW population he might get his house burned down after all.

Lastly, I did not know about the Society's past beliefs and quotations on Afro-Americans until I left. CRAZY. Yet another teaching that has taken a 100% U-turn in the past years as the "light has gotten brighter." Boy do they know how to use that scripture as a crutch. And every one of 'em site it automatically the instant you bring up anything like this....they probably say it in their sleep at night.....

"You are getting sleepy....."

tick, tock....

zzzzzzzzz

-jay

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Hey comforter, don't leave....

just curious, are you bi-polar?

(if you don't know what it means, look it up and then get back to me)

• Valis
    Valis
    black women are BEAUTIFUL. So are Asian women, so are ALL WOMEN, regardless of skin color.

AMEN Brother jay!!!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Lechery For All" class

• Beans
    Beans

Only on Mondays

• teejay
    teejay

Hey, back2dafront, and a belated welcome to the board!

You black, right? Okay... now that we got THAT outta the way... Whew!! [8>]

Of course it's okay...it does seem the article focused more on the supposed
    "problems and obstacles" that a couple could have...
    Of course we hafta bear in mind that the Wt quote is from 1960!!! Hmm... I wonder... *scratching my head* ... do you think the article's direction/counsel (which was on target, imo) might have been useful to one or two Black people BACK THEN? I mean... gave them somthing to think about? I think so.

The world is generally a lot more acceptable of mixed relationships. People that
    grew up in those time unfortunately are more prone to racist ideas even today,
    but as we've seen from this post, even that isn't always the case. I haven't read
    one post on here from anyone in a mixed relationship that has had "problems."
    I guess you missed what Mouthy said on the first page.

There are still racist people (in and out of the Org) although these days they are generally more covert with their feelings. I know that's not news to you. The thing you may not be thinking about is that the kids of interracial couples still pay hell, like they always did, imo. That is something else for folks in your position to consider, although I doubt that a man who's "almost engaged" is thinking much about kids that might come to the union. (I doubt that I would be, either.)

I've just never understood what the big deal is. What's so terrible about two
    nationalities loving each other? And what does someone elses marraige partner
    have to do with YOU?
    I admit that your foolish idealism is a refreshing departure from reality but the fact remains that people are still people. You, as an adult, may very well be able to withstand the ridiculously backward attitudes that persist in the minds of many people. Have you thought of what your children might have to endure at school... when you are not there to support them. Kids can be cruel. You know that. That's all the Wt article was saying: think about ALL of the consequences... since we live in the world we're living in.

Yeah, if anything, I get weird looks from other black people, believe it or not. Like I'm "selling out" or something.
    You ARE!

Holla.

• mamashel
    mamashel

Well I'll put it to you like this, first of all there is no scriptures as usual to prove any points from the bible, and second of all, i'll fill you in on a little secret, I am a white female and my husband is black. We have been married for 10 years and it is wonderful. The ones we took slack from in the very beginning were his family members, and guess what, they are jw's. hahhahahaha

and that all i got to say about that!!!!

lol mamashel

• Valis
    Valis
    Yeah, if anything, I get weird looks from other black people, believe it or not. Like I'm "selling out" or something.

You ARE!

So teejay you support separation of the races or what? perhaps I read your intent wrong, but it sounds like it. perhaps I'm wrong.

do you think the article's direction/counsel (which was on target, imo) might have been useful to one or two Black people BACK THEN? I mean... gave them somthing to think about? I think so.

This is an indirect way of supporting the very attitude that espouses racist thought, no matter what year it is. Maybe the JWs thought in the New System of Things it would all somehow be better, but until then mixing of the races is a bad idea. That is just crap! Avoidance comes very near the idea of sticking one's head in the sand IMO and at the worst, has an implied racist tone. How can you say that sparing future children ridicule is any reason for two people who love each other to not be together? Mind as well go back to 1960 if that's the game afoot.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit