Is it wrong for a white to marry a black?

by gumby 101 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Comfoter-

Comforter, I've explained to you that modern civilized people no longer used the word "colored" so cut it out. Notice the Watchtower quote was from 1960, that's when people used the world. We also don't call people of Asian descent "Orientals".

As far as the topic about marrying someone of another race i.e. black/white, it has not caused me nor my husband any problems. Larc said:

I agree with the article. . .Two of my three children married a black person. It will make life more difficult for them.
    Well, I feel sorry for them, but it's not like that for everyone everywhere. Where do you live by the way? I suppose that one day it might cause a problem, but here in Kansas it is so wide spread that most people don't even think twice when they see us together. Our upbringing was similar so there's no culture shock, and we have lots in common. I see our relationship as less difficult than most same race relationships.
  • minimus
    minimus

LARC wins best reply of the day!!!

• comforter
    comforter

dr larc

you forget your meds this morning? <LOL> if it was not for worldly peeps, we would not have prejudice. jws aint burned nobody's house down or joined the kkk. jws aint been part of no colored panthers or terrorist groups. we is one big brotherhood in Poland, united states and japan. no other people on earth can make this claim in truth. thank you for time.

• nilfun
    nilfun

This is one of the aspects of being a JW that I think is so sad;
    Someone actually felt the need to ask this question.

Is it wrong for a white to marry a black?

"Dear GB, please tell me what I am supposed to think
    or feel about (insert issue here)?"

What about following your heart?
    How about being true to your feelings and not
    basing your decisions on fear?

When someone is in love do they REALLY
    need permission to act on those feelings?

Sad.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

(((((((larc)))))))

Frankly, comforter, I am really tired of your shit and your feigned lack of writing ability. It is an act, and we can all see it, especially when you switch style from good grammar to bad, so just leave us alone. You are worthless.

I think the general concensus of the board would be an agreement with that statement.

Someone with so much time on their hands so as to fake poor writing ability and compose posts solely for the purpose of drawing attention to themselves is truly pathetic.

Hey cum-farter, did you honestly think the majority of the board is unaware of your tiresome, childish scheme? I submit to the board once again an example of comforter's ongoing charade.

larc said:

You are worthless.

That is giving you too much credit. You are less than that.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 5 October 2002 23:21:47

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

"All you need is LOVE"

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Comforter-

You are wrong once again:

if it was not for worldly peeps, we would not have prejudice.

There are plenty of racist Witnesses. I know this because I've met many of them. I know lots of Witnesses that are prejudiced against non Witnesses and homosexuals. Also, after 9/11 I heard comments about Arabs from Witnesses.

My mother when living in Memphis dealt with several prejudiced Witnesses.

• larc
    larc

Well Brother Comforter,

You probably don't know this, but the Kingdom Halls in the south were segregated until the law changed. No, your beloved religion did not fight "Caesor" on this issue. On this issue your leaders were cowards, not the egalitarian Christians they claim to be. They were not the defenders of truth. They were, as I said, cowards in the face of injustice. So, comforter, put your head where the sun doesn't shine. I have no respect for you whatsoever.

• TR
    TR

I don't agree that "all you need is love". Love is not enough.There needs to be a solid foundation for a good marriage. The man could be a deadbeat and the woman still might be in love with him. She'll soon grow tired of his lazy ass ways and the marriage could crumble. There's a million other scenarios. There's much more to consider than just being in love.

About the WT article; I actually agree with most of it.(ducks and runs)

TR

• comforter
    comforter

$$$There are plenty of racist Witnesses. I know this because I've met many of them. I know lots of Witnesses that are prejudiced against non Witnesses and homosexuals. Also, after 9/11 I heard comments about Arabs from Witnesses.$$$

course there be predjudice witnesses. but where you thank they larned their prejudice from? from the world! witnesses aint predjudice gainst non witnesses. we just try to avoid bad associates. so we wont learn how to be bad and predjudice. we also aint predjudiced against no homosexuals. we just believe to be gay is a sin. like we say, nobody perfect. but the nucleus of the new world society is trying to cast off the shackcles of babylon the great and satan world. we aint just sittin back asking peeps to accept us as we are. any witness that dont change will not be a witnesses forever.

brother larc

can you say not sequitor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit