Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing

by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

The child-abuse issue needs to be depersonalized and statements issued only through a Slientlambs appointed lawyer. Credibility is up for grabs at the moment and at this crucial time in the development of this movement, naivete is the very good friend of WTS Legal.

The statement made in NY last week accusing Jaracz of Ritualized Satanic abuse discovered through repressed memory may be true, but it should have been made from a written statement, with the lawyer present who had helped write the statement. As I said last week, her advisors should have been guillotined for what happened in NY last week.

I can tell you frankly, that it unraveled over eighteen months of work that I have put in to confirm a case *with a paper trial evidence* that I had uncovered. Now the drawbridges have been pulled up, perhaps permanently. The politicians and lawyers who make up Silentlambs opposers cannot be combated by such letters as Bill has spent time drafting and posting today. They will only be countered with hard evidence.

HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 4 October 2002 15:44:48

• Englishman
    Englishman

I must confess to a feeling of unease with all of this lest it costs us our credibilty. A massive legal onslaught of the WT is fine by me, but somehow this smacks of plain sensationalism. Once we appear to be just out for vengeance - which is how this could well be interpreted IMHO - we cease to be of any use to the very people that Silent Lambs are there to protect.

I accept that this will not be a popular viewpoint, but I have to say it.

Englishman.

• nancee park
    nancee park

I do not see in the transcript where "Ritualized" or "Satanic" were used. Those are YOUR words, possibly picked up and continued by you from someone else.

Now, the transcript does say that Pat Garza alleges openly that Ted Jarasc of the Watchtower Society's governing body while a District Overseer raped her 40 years ago when she was but a child.

Subsequently Bill has stated that five Watchtower Governing Body members are alleged as pedophiles by various women.

Bill is giving the Governing Body the opportunity to answer to those allegations by means of an official summons.

It is "official" for silentlamb.org is officially chartered.

We have no reason whatsoever to doubt Pat Garza and the other women, but Jarasc and company are being allowed a chance to answer.

Will they answer? Or not?

If not, then they themselves cause the allegations to stand and it will surely lead to a widening of the matter with "Caesar's sword" drawn and waiting.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

To me, this letter appears petty and pointless. I'm not sure what it's supposed to achieve and it could very easily backfire. Publicly accusing five members of the GB of being child molesters without some evidence seems like a remarkably stupid and dangerous thing to do. It can only damage the cause of the abuse victims if Bill is seen to be making wild accusatiaons against Watchtower leaders. He could very easily appear to be obsessive, resentful and vindictive, or just another offbeat conspiracy theorist with his own agenda.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Bill does not wage a legal war .....

He wages an "Optics" war ....

.... and have fun keeping this story alive in the press Bill. That's part of your job - alerting the public.

If you guys are having problems why not get closer with Bill so the left hand and the right hand know what's going on.

hawk

p.s. - she does use the statanic word "np" - read the transcript further down. In any even its been said and I hoped it helped her and I for one support her. Anything she said in that statement will NOT come back to haunt her in my opinion. What will haunt her is that she must find the witnesses. Her lawyer better be smart about it and hire a private eye to do this fast.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

What will haunt her is that she must find the witnesses.

What is the wintesses name? Maybe someone here knows where they can be located or can help out.

• nancee park
    nancee park

There are five different Gov Body members now alleged as pedophiles. Someone had to do it, meaning possibly 5 and more women are speaking out.

After the Gov Body refuses to appear for the Judicial hearing Bill will have more official latitude for laying this matter out in the wide open for media across the entire planet.

They will have been given an official invitation to defend themselves, declined, and thus granted him and all who wish to join in legal right to speak out all the more including in everyday print media about this.

It is not "a game" but a well-reasoned chess move with attorneys on both sides now watching closely.

WT, it's your move.

P.S. Deliberate wickedness indeed is "Satanic."

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hawk,

I seldom disagree with you but:

.... and have fun keeping this story alive in the press Bill. That's part of your job - alerting the public.

It seems to me that the public is not concerned with the petty politics, or the bent religious dogmas of a small and stubborn religion as outlined in this particular letter. If Bill send this letter to the press how will the public be alerted and to what?

Kindest - HS

• DJ
  • nancee park
    nancee park

Yes, she did use the S word. Fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit