Governing Body Summoned For Jud Hearing

by silentlambs 213 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Bill, like I said in my third post, no-ill will towards you. We here know your purpose is pure, but you do see how this can be misconstrued, yes?

Just know I completely support Silentlambs and the cause, I was just worried about this particular letter.

A way it could be good is that the press headline could read,

"Man attempts to excommunicate JW Church leaders for mishandling sex-crime reporting"

That would be a sweet headline if they see it that way.

ash

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

LOL @ Island woman- that is how I see it.

And keep in mind that a true comparison is doing so after one has been stripped of their citizenship...... and unfortunately Mr Bowens apeals fall on deaf ears since he, like most here have been stripped of our citizenship from "Jehovahs earthly paradise".

Edited by - kelsey007 on 4 October 2002 13:48:23

Edited by - kelsey007 on 4 October 2002 14:37:45

• No Apologies
  • No Apologies
    No Apologies

I agree. this will not work. Where is this Judicial Commitee? Unless it is made up of elders who serve in the same congregation that the GB members attend, it is meaningless. And I have never heard of a judicial commitee communicating through a DF'd brother. I am not trying to belittle Bill Bowen or the work he has done, but this is not the way.

btw, 5 GB members have been accused of child molesting? current GB members?

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

"With the current the allegation that Theodore Jaracz is a child molester, this now brings to five the number of Governing Body members who are alleged child molesters."

IF proven true, it could bring down the whole edifice. The rank and file may tolerate much from their leadership, but I think no righteous JW can tolerate this. IF this is true, go for it!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Listen everybody, I have a sneaky feeling that BB knows EXACTLY what he is doing!

• metatron
    metatron

Who is this Judicial Committee? Under the 'Theocratic' rules, they must be existing
    appointed elders - who, of course, would be df'd instantly if the GB knows their identity.

How exactly does any of this get enforced? Will any of the rank and file listen?

Please don't end up looking silly in this - enormous progress has been made.
    Obviously, it makes no sense for the corrupt Governing Body to investigate
    themselves - but how can this force an independent investigation that can be
    viewed with any legitimacy?

On the other hand, making that an issue might have some value, done right.

metatron

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

aye. Metatron always says things better than I.

ash

• DJ
    DJ

Bill,

Are we allowed to be made aware of to whom this letter was sent? I suppose that it could serve a purpose if it gets into the right hands.??? Most likely, it would have no effect because you are one of us, an (APOSTATE) and as you saw at the march..........we are ignored as evil.

I am very interested in finding out the recipient/s of the letter. It will show us a great deal about them if they react to it at all. Agree?

Please don't take our opinions as rude. That is not my intent at all. I am simply asking a question.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I would think it is time to abandon "theocratic procedure" and focus on lawsuits and media coverage of these. It's time to stop playing games.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit