Should I have a Christmas tree?

by scuba99 84 Replies latest watchtower medical

• scuba99
    scuba99

I have been all over the Carribean, Mexico, Bahamas, Keys. I haven't made it to the Pacific yet would love to Dive Hawaii or Australia someday.

I got certified in '95 so I'm a newbie compared to you. I have logged quite a few dives though.

I wish I could get a friend or two interested but living in Mississippi not many people are into diving or they don't wanna spend the money.

Do you have your own equipment? I have everything but a tank...I bought a dive computer a couple of years ago. You ever use one? Very handy. Just wish I could use it more=)

• LB
    LB

I have a lot of gear. Most of it fairly new. I'm a sucker for anything scuba related. I do use a computer and have for a few years now. When you are doing multiple dives it sure beats a chart anyday. I do have some tanks. My wife dives and we have a total of 10 tanks. That gets sort of expensive doing the visual each year but it allows us to have a nice dive weekend when there aren't any shops around.

Lots of divers go out into the gulf there and dive the oil platforms. I guess they are mostly into hunting and I understand you can tag some huge boys down there. Sort of a rodeo I guess. That would be exciting. Still I'll dive anything as long as I get at least 5 feet visability. I do a little search and recovery (used to call it rescue) for the county and that keeps me busy during the summer months. Lots of drunk boaters to haul out of our local lakes, a few days too late.

There is talk about a fla scuba apostatefest next spring. I'd love to meet up with fellow diver/sinners then. Hopefully I can make it. Well I'll make it if the airfares are reasonable.

• Europe
    Europe

Naked:

Like I said, there are many rituals and customs that are based on paganism.

So what?? Who cares about on what those rituals/customs are based! What's the difference in celebrating your anniversary or Valentine's Day??

But when it comes to celebrations that knowingly deceive then no, I will not follow

Deceive who and how?? How can you be deceived if you want to celebrate f.i. Valentine's Day or 4th of July or your graduation??

Easter eggs are TAMMUZ's ..ahem, (BALLS!) Once you know all this stuff, it's difficult to celebrate it without tosing your lunch, if you know what I mean!!!

Do you think little kids care?? Come on, be realistic!!!

I feel that these celebrations offend God.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! And hiding phaedophiles doesnt offend him, or what??

Larc: As I maintain, it does not matter one wit, where these things come from. What matters is what it means today

You are so right Larc!! But some people dont seem to get it! If all of a sudden the new light tells them to celebrate X-mas, they will, no matter how opposed they were in the 1ste place!

• Europe
    Europe

Naked:

The date of December 25th was the celebration of the birth of the Babylonian sun god.

THANKS A LOT Naked, then this year I will celebrate the birth of the Babylonian Sun God!!! If he would be so kind to send me some extra sun on the 25th December, that'll be great!!!!!

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Sorry to burst your bubble Europe, but I was NEVER a JW!!! I was raised among them but I never participated in there thing! I was always interested in religion and God though. Unlike some, who just followed the "CROWD", JW crowd that is, I decided to look into many of the beliefs and doctrines of many religions. I did come to find out that these Celebrations had there beginnings in paganism. That's it! Nothing more....I choose not celebrate them! I'm sorry you had such a horrible time with the JW"S!!! And if you choose not to believe in God, fine!!!! I'm horrible and sad and whatever....Such hostility! Sheesh!

• scuba99
    scuba99

LB

The Florida thing sounds cool. Please let me know if that ever comes to pass.

I bet the rescue dives you've done were pretty interesting. I know it's not a pleasant task but I would love to use my skill for something like that....not much call for it around here though.

It's really great that your wife dives. That allows for a close relationship I'm sure. I've tried to interest my Fiance in diving but she's terrified of open water. She had a bad experience as a child. I'm gonna attempt to get her to snorkel on our honeymoon. I'll let you know how that turns out=)

• LB
    LB

Go very slow with your wife. In fact rent one of those boogie boards with a viewing window at first. If she asks to try the snorkle then get one for her. If not, just bide your time. I suggest her on a board and you snorkling. Make sure she is watching you as you cruise the bottom and maybe feed some fish. That may excite her enough to make her think about it.

• Europe
    Europe

Sorry to burst your bubble Europe, but I was NEVER a JW!!!

Good for you Naked! And dont worry, nothing bursting here!

I was raised among them

Sorry my mistake, that's why probably you really sound like one!;-)

I'm sorry you had such a horrible time with the JW"S!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble Naked, but I was NEVER a JW!!! ;-))

BTW: To MHO most people who celebrate things dont care if those celebrations had there beginning in paganism! Does everything in life you celebrate need a reason?

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Europe,

Do you even believe in God? If not then we cannot argue about celebrations or anything else that pertains to belief or doctrine....We can go back and forth all day long and it wouldn't satisfy anything. I believe God is very exacting in what he requires of us. Did I pick this up by reading some of the jw's material? Do I sound like those horrible jw's? I majored in religious studies and they truly aren't the only ones who espouse to such beliefs. I do hold to some of the JW's beliefs, I don't deny that, but I don't hold an allegiance to there "organization" either. I simply research and extract what I feel is factual about different belief systems. Your right though, most people don't think about or care whether a celebration ritual comes from pagan origins. My PERSONAL OPINION <<< is that maybe they should. I believe this is satan's handy work which further dillutes and confuses man in his walk with God. ---I don't believe there's anything wrong with setting a day aside for gift giving or whatever just not under the lie, for those who celebrate it, of a "CHRISTIAN" holiday. There are OTHER religions, europe, if you didn't already know that also hold to this same belief! It's not just those 'Horrible" JW's......look it up. And if your just going to tell me "I'm going to celebrate it anyway, who cares", then don't reply....I'd rather not waste the energy reading it.

• Europe
    Europe
    Your right though, most people don't think about or care whether a celebration ritual comes from pagan origins. My PERSONAL OPINION <<< is that maybe they should.

MY PERSONAL OPINION<<<<< they should not!

Why? If someone wants to celebrate a " pagan" celebration, fine by me, who am I to tell them they cant?

If you want to celebrate f.i. Chinese New Year or Valentine's Day, have fun!

There are OTHER religions, europe, if you didn't already know

Yep, lived among moslims for over 5 years! They too think that there religion is the only worthy one and they do not respect any other religions, they even spit on it! If you would want to live f.i. in Saudi Arabia and like to take your bible with you, forget it, they check all your suitcases every time you go in and out of the country and your bible would be thrown in the litter just before your very eyes!!!!!!

Do you even believe in God? If not then we cannot argue about celebrations or anything else that pertains to belief or doctrine

I didnt know that people HAD to believe in God to discuss things???

It's just different beliefs/opinions that makes discussions so interesting, dont you think so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit