Should I have a Christmas tree?

by scuba99 84 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Valis,

You really are harboring sooooooooooo much anger and pain! If you aren't a believer in God, then by all means....Live it up! Your absolutes are dictated by the "VALIS GOD" Fine, good But for us God or how do you put it, dog believers, well we have some reservations about all this christmas stuff. Christmas and it's origins are VERY IMPORTANT to us God believers! The fact that it was a celebration to Honor Nimrod and not Jesus is very important! Once again, valis is missing the point of it all. These celebrations were created to degrade God and deceive mankind. If you don't believe in an all powerful creator then nothing more can be said. All of us low-life God ..oops, I mean dog believers beg for your forgiveness if we've offend you valis......

I suggest you deal with some of that HATRED you have for God or dogs or whatever it is that bitin' at that sub-conscious....

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

valis,

You really are harboring sooooo much anger and pain! If you aren't a believer in god, then by all means.....live it up! Your absolutes are dictated by the "valis God" Fine, good. But for us God or how did you put it, dog believers, well we have some reservations about all this christmas stuff. Christmas and it's origins are VERY IMPORTANT to us God believers! The fact that it was a celebration to honor Nimrod or Tammuz as he was later called is very important! Once again, valis has missed the point. These celebration are used to degrade God and deceive mankind. If you don't believe in an all powerful creator, then nothing more can be said. All of us low-life God...opps, I mean dog believers beg your forgiveness. We all appologize for our ignorance.

I suggest you deal with all that hatred you have for God or dogs or whatever it is that's bitin' at that sub-conscious....

• larc
    larc

Naked, it doesn't matter where something came from, but what it means today. For believers and nonbelievers alike it is a time of joy and sharing with family. For most believers, people like you being an exception, it is a special spiritual time.

If people went by your criteria, the only practices, customs, and accepted food and material goods would be those used by the Old Testemant Jews and the very early Christians, because, after all, everyting else is of pagan origin. Such a view leads to a very narrow life, indeed.

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Larc,

well it's all in the intrepretation. The fact that Satan hides many of the pagan aspects of these holidays so well may give credence to it's importance. We can dissect each and every holiday and i'm sure we'd find pagan origins to all of them. The fact that we celebrate them under the auspices of God is disturbing to say the least. obviously, most of our traditions have pagan origins. like the wearing of the wedding band and even the names of the days of the week are just few exmaples. But once you become aware that certain rituals that originally payed tribute to satanic gods now seem to glorify God, then it's time to put an end to that celebration.

• larc
    larc

Naked,

So based on your reasoning, married couples should not wear wedding rings and we should use different names for the days of the week. For starters, we could use the German word for Wednesday. The German word means mid-week. It seems to me that it is pretty arbritrary which customs we accept and which ones we reject. Again, the criteria for me, is not where it came from, but what it means to people in this day and time.

By the way, my wife and I do not wear wedding rings, a pagan practice, and we have not done so for the last 30 years of our 38 year marriage. I have occasionaly been asked by a woman if I was married, and I have never lied about it.

• carol hall
    carol hall

Hi ,

I `m new here,

I can say this, you are free now, enjoy what God has given you.

This new family, new start.

The Bible says wnen a man or woman leaves their parents for a wife or husband.

Cleve unto them and them alone.

I know it will be hard for a while.

God says He will make your enemies a peace with you, and I know this is true.

God Bless you in your new world

Carol

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

I'm not married, but i personally would not wear a wedding ring...Like I said, there are many rituals and customs that are based on paganism. I try not to pick and choose which I will or will not follow. But when it comes to celebrations that knowingly deceive then no, I will not follow. In EASTER for instance, your paying homage to IShtar. Easter eggs are TAMMUZ's ..ahem, (BALLS!) Once you know all this stuff, it's difficult to celebrate it without tosing your lunch, if you know what I mean!!!

• larc
    larc

Naked, I know as well as you do the origins of all these celebrations. As I maintain, it does not matter one wit, where these things come from. What matters is what it means today. I see nothing evil or Satanic if a bunch of kids have an Easter egg hunt, so what?

I have a question. Is there anything you celebrate?

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Well then I guess that's where we disagree. I feel that these celebrations offend God. I don't think that satan went through all that trouble to conceal them if it wasn't important. and to answer your question, no. I'm also a strict vegetarian and I avoid television. ...Weirdo, I am.

• larc
    larc

So, what is pagan about Thankgiving, and Independence Day (July 4th), or Labor Day? These are pretty new holidays, you know, and they have no pagan origins, that I am aware of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit