Should I have a Christmas tree?

by scuba99 84 Replies latest watchtower medical

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I find it so sad that some people think we have a horrible God that would swallow us up at any point.

God is a loving God, and loving Gods don't swallow anyone up on any schedule, point blank!

You can read me all the scriptures you want from a mistranslated, mishandled, misquoted Bible, it means nothing.

If anyone thinks the Bible is pure and perfect, they need to have their head examined

• pincushion
    pincushion

OOPs me on my post and the scriptures and the reason behind the Christmas tree. They are not my thoughts at all..I had looked up the meaning of the Christmas tree and its origins and pasted some of it here. I meant to put it in quotes and refer to the site it came from but something happened there..perhaps the fact it was late and I was tired slowed down my thinking. My intention was to post some food for thought, not to preach and make it sound like that was the real reason behind the tree..I just thought it interesting and wanted to share

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

And that is the reason we're all here.

Share away pincushion!

Remember the march - Sept. 27, 2002 - Brooklyn, NY

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Scuba,

I'm happy that you found someone to love and who loves you. I hope that your marriage is happy! As far as the celebrating of Christmas goes, I followed the bible on that subject because I also was concerned about it. Being raised a jw, Christmas is an evil thing to do......etc. The difference is that the bible teaches us "to be fully convinced in our own minds" with regard to celebrations. I would suggest that you follow that advice because if you don't then you may have guilt while celebrating. If you follow what the jw's taught us ( which is the same thing as Naked keeps saying) then you won't celebrate and it may cause that old familiar self-righteous feeling that comes from abstaining. The only thing to do, in my opinion is to be "fully convinced in your own mind" Weigh the pro's and con's and pray (if you want) then decide based on the way that you truly feel. The bible teaches us that anything not from faith is sin.

Love in Christ, dj

P.S. Naked, I remember feeling the same way. I'm not being rude but I don't like your picture, do you think that God approves of such a photo? If you do, fine. It is based on your conscience not mine.

• scuba99
    scuba99

DJ,

Thanks for your kind words. I haven't really thought of it from that standpoint. The only problem is I don't really know what to believe. I mean after all the things I've learned about the WTBS lately It's very difficult to rely on anything I've learned from them. I guess this is something I will stuggle with for sometime. Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit