Should I have a Christmas tree?

by scuba99 84 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

oh, oh.....well let see... Fourth of july: It is well known that most of the founding fathers were DEISTS. they weren't believers of Jesus Christ. Also, If you believe that satan is the god of this world, then you'll see that it was he who had a vested interest in the founding of this country. ALL of the founding fathers were Freemasons which is a luciferic org. America comes from the root americu which means :land of the serpent etc...thus, july fourth and independence is the celebration of a luciferic nation....

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

If you are one who celebrates Christmas for whatever the reason, who am I to tell you any different? Your reason may be, you like it, and it makes you feel good, it's a tradition, everyone else is doing it, and it is good to set this day aside to celebrate the Birth of Christ. Plus the kids really like it and we do speak some about the Messiah. Most people reading this have brought into one or more of the above. So why should I say "HUM-BUG".

But just in case anyone is interested I thought I'd tell you about the real birth-day of (Jesus the Risen Messiah). But first we should take a quick look at how this all started. And where it came from.

To begin with you will not find this holiday in the Scriptures, simply because it is not one of God's Holiday's. Bible scholars as well as serious Bible students all agree that Yeshua was not born on Christmas "Saturnalia" but that He was born during the Feast of Tabernacles, which usually falls in September. But "Christians" keep making compromises for one reason or the other, so they will not be looked on as an odd ball or a party-pooper, or to avoid being rejected by others, or some just can't stand the criticism and then who wants to be persecuted for Christ sake these days.

In brief, this all came about through a man called Constantine, who is identified as the first Pope. His father was a Roman Emperor, and when he died Constantine took his army and marched against Rome. Constantine was a worshipper of Baal the sun god, and therefore had the support of the Pagans. There was one man that stood between him and the Throne of Rome he was Maxentius. And Constantine needed to gain the support of the Christians in order to have the victory he desired. We read in history that a sign was shown Constantine of a Cross and he had it put on the shield of his army. But this was not the Cross of Yeshua that represents the crucifixion of the Messiah. It was the cross of Ankh the symbol of the sun god. But he gained the support of the Christians of that day, and gained control of the Throne. He then professed to be a Christian, then he proceeded to sprinkle his soldiers with water making them instant Christians. There was of course no repentance required, not even a profession of faith in Yeshua as Messiah.

Constantine changed all the Feast days and took out anything that was Jewish. He made himself the head of the Church, but he was then and stayed a sun worshipper until he died, he was never born again and yet was able to change the whole face of Christianity to please the Devil while himself a pagan Babylonian sun worshipper.

The date of December 25th was the celebration of the birth of the Babylonian sun god. And it was in the 5th century that the Roman Catholic Church made this date December 25th the celebration of the birth of Christ. And the Sabbath (Saturday) of God was changed to the day of the sun god to Sunday.

• larc
    larc

Everyone here knows the origin of Christmas, and the fact that December 25th was not Christ's birthday. Again, I say, so what?

I feel very sorry for you. You can not simply enjoy life. You can not celebrate anything. How sad. People need celebrations, and the special time they spend with friends and family.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I dunno if anyone ever read any Terry Pratchett, but if you read his book Hogfather he makes a good point about the origin of the winter festivals:

It's dark and depressing. Let's make some noise and dance and drink too much and hopefully the sun will come back tomorrow. The rest is just window dressing. And phalluses of course. Gotta love those phalli.

CZAR

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

AWWWWW...Larc finds it difficult to accept someone who doesn't believe or think the way he does. Happiness larc, is relative to the individual. Some find happiness in family and friends, others find it in there carreer etc, My happiness could be your sadness...get it? I'm sorry you don't see my point about holidays. I guess we agree to disagree. That too can be wonderful! Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem a little closed minded....I may not celebrate the holidays, but I try not to push my views onto others. I'm simply expressing my point of view on this forum. It's too bad you see others as sad for not being and doing what you do.

• LB
    LB

Back on Track Here Larc and Naked

Scuba it's super you concern yourself with your dad. I honestly think about my dad daily and he has been dead for many years. Continue to love him.

I would suggest approaching dad about it eventually. Tell him that your wife doesn't understand the basic's behind Christmas and that your bible duty is to please your wife first. Tell him about those stockings and how stopping her from this enjoyment may hurt your marriage before it begins. Since you have little contact anyway this may at least keep him from being so hurt.

Now about this scuba name. Tell me more about that.

• scuba99
    scuba99

Thanks for the input LB....I guess I'm just gonna go on with life and deal with the small minded ones in this town with a smile.
    Diving is one of my favorite hobbies, I don't get to go nearly as much as I would like. I would love to retire to the Keys or Bahamas one day and dive my butt off! I hope to get a dive or two in on my Honeymoon! <no pun intended> ;) Hence the name scuba...

• LB
    LB

I'm a diver too scuba. Been diving for a thousand years or so and there are some other divers on this site. Maybe one day we can have an apostascubafest???

Enjoy your new bride and congratulations.

• scuba99
    scuba99

LB,

It's always nice to meet fellow divers. There aren't too many in ths area. It would be really cool to meet somewhere and do a few dives.

How long have you been diving? Where would you say was your favorite dive?

• LB
    LB

where was my favorite dive? I have a standard answer for that, it was my last dive. Where do you live? I live in southern oregon and there isn't exactly top diving around here but I don't let that stop me.

I love to dive on Maui actually. Many have told me it's the best shore diving on the planet and I agree. I've been diving for over 30 years now. Don't ask how many dives because I'm horrible about logbooks. When I went for some advanced courses I had to forge a logbook. The nice thing about diving is you really can't get too old or out of shape. It's a very relaxed activity.

How about you? Where do you enjoy diving?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit