Should I have a Christmas tree?

by scuba99 84 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Oh boy!! Now I've definitely read it all!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Haha, I don't know about the
    hanging in a tree thing, but personally I think God has alot more to worry
    about than whether or not we celebrate a Holiday that bares some Pagan
    roots. Maybe it's just me, but I believe we have alot more to worry about
    than God striking us dead for something so silly. Cheat on your wife, slap
    your kids around, kill your neighbor.....those things you might want to be
    concerned about. Although, if it bothers one's conscience, then you
    shouldn't partake, point blank.......that's what it all boils down to. In
    the end God reads your heart condition, and if you do things that cause
    you guilt.....well then you're going against God even if you're not.
    That's the way I see it anyway. If you're not bothered by celebrating the
    Birth of Christ, than go for it and send me a present too, because I'll be
    up before the kids sniffing around under the tree!

We would sleep in a tent in the middle of a field to
    make it to a Watchtower Convention, let's show that same zeal for an
    important message and cause!

You cannot DF All of the people all of the time, BUT, you can DF most of the people some of the time.

Saratoga Springs,
    NY Congregation Refugee

We supported the wrong for
    so long

When will we support the fight
    for the right?

September 27th, 2002 - A day in History, will YOU be there?

Edited by - RevMalk on 20 September 2002 2:4:47

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Leave me out of that one!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I'm not sure what that means, but I'll try real hard, haha

• nakedmvistar
  • Pepper
    Pepper

>>> I had this happen recently, my JW mother was visiting prior to Xmas last year, and so I waited until after her visit to put up our tree (it being my first) and I had the most fun decorating it and finding the best lights etc...I'm really good at being a pagan now, I have it all worked out for this Xmas.

So put up your tree and enjoy!! Merry Christmas!!! <<<

Oh my," so funny, me too. I went to see a lady friend in St. Louis, MO last year for Christmas and I helped her set up her tree, it was really fun, for a moment I thought the earth would open up swallow me, but I am still here loads of laughs. We had many dinners Christmass ham, lots of sweets, her kids were home we gave gifts it was nice, I did not marry this gal, but the Christmass occasion was delightful, I aim to do it again this year with someone new, LOL.

Pepper

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Don't worry, pepper! The earth won't open and swallow you up!......Not yet anyway, God has his own schedule....

• Europe
    Europe
    Naked: My argument is based on the Idea that these celebrations displease God.

Why should that displease him? What about f.i. all the rape, childabuse, murders etc??Doesnt that displease him? To MHO celebrating ' pagan holidays" is the least of his concern, dont you think so?

Naked: Europe can do or say whatever he wants and be only accountable to Europe.

That's right to a certain extend and know why? Because plenty of people who say they believe in God are plain criminals. For example: Priests abuse little boys for years and years, J.W. elders abuse girls and women, Jews and Palestinians kill each other in the name of God, and when going to church/kingdom hall they play the hypocrite!! Do you prefer that? So to my opinion I'm leading a more christian life, never abused/hurt/killed anybody, never stole a thing, helping people whenever I can, doing plenty of hours voluntary work and I'm not a saint, just a human being, who can decide for him/herself what is good or bad. Dont need f.i. an J.W. elder who tells people not to smoke or drink or the Pope who tells people not to use contraceptives or an Iman who forbids women to ride a bike or drive a car!!! Nothing to do with religion, only with trying to control other peoples life!!

Naked:Not so with a christian. He is accountable to God and so his day to day living must be in accordance to his will.

So where does that leave those so called chrisitians who are accountable to God?? They still do their filthy business ?? Is that his will???? So who is more christian then?

Naked:Your opinion is not based from a belief in a god that holds you accountable for your faith.

Well, I think it's better when I hold myself accountbale for my acts, we can all see what happens if God holds you accountable for it!! Ask Bill Bowen and Barbara Anderson, they know everything about it!!!!!!!

Naked:Unlike JW's who go door to door, I don't impose my views on anyone. But I will make my opinion known if asked.

That's fine by me Naked, same here, it's all I want from you, your opinion! But like Beckeyboop said: ""Don't you think that whatever version of "god" is, he would be more interested in how we treat others--including various celebrations of life on certain days of the year?""

Becky: ""I just don't subscribe to the "satan as ruler" theory any more""

Me either Becky!! To my opinion just a way of laying the blame at someone elses door!

Becky:Besides, that way I'm not always afraid that my next mistake will be the one that causes my supposedly loving "father" to kill me.

Right you are!

Becky:I'm much happier believing that I'm responsible for my own life--not counting accidents

You are so right!

Naked:I'm sure my views are a bit more militant than most,

You're right about that, and that's why you get those reactions!;-)

Naked:Only God ultimately knows what's really going on.

You hope so!! Seeing all the things that are happening lately (not only the 11th September) I dont think he has a clue! Anyway Naked, whether you celebrate X-mas or not, you welcome the 2 extra days off, dont you? Or are you going to work because these are 'pagan' days off??;-)))

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Well, were on opposite sides of that fence then....I'll take my chances....As I'm sure you have with the choice that you have made. That's what it's all about, right?

Oh and by the way, I do work those two days that most people get off.

• Europe
    Europe

What a shame you didnt answer any of my questions Naked?

Oh and by the way, I do work those two days that most people get off

Me too, I only dont get paid for it!! But in palliative care every day is an extra day, isnt it??

Oh and by the way...I'm not a 'he'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit