"Witnesses Now For Jesus" convention ...

by borgfree 101 Replies latest jw friends

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The Bible is for the CHOSEN only.

John 6:40
    For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall haveeternallife, and I will raise him up at the last day."

James 2:19
    Even the demons believe that-and shudder.

Belief has to be JUDGED. The Lord Lorders believe by their LIPS, but their heart is far removed from Christ, just like the Pharisees. The chosen will be believing truly. The Lord Lorders will be believing falsely. That will ONLY be discerned by the one who knows the true sheep.

Edited by - pomegranate on 29 August 2002 16:23:3

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    John 10 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all [1] ; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

Yep. only the good shepherd Jesus knows the chosen sheep and the sheep know his voice.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

John 1:12
    Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, HE GAVE THE RIGHT to become children of God ALL WHO RECEIVED are ones who have SOMETHING GIVEN TO THEM. They have NO RIGHT to be children UNLESS CHRIST GIVES THAT RIGHT TO THEM. That would be FAITH. FAITH is not of man FAITH IS FROM GOD given to man.

Edited by - pomegranate on 29 August 2002 16:27:31

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

John 3:18
    Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. Who decides WHO RIGHTFULLY has been believing? Christ. Christ will seperate WHOEVER the true believers are from the false believers. Something only Christ can do. A corrupt man cannot JUDGE on his own, for himself, that he is truly believing. Otherwise, that man would not need judgment.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

John 5:24
    "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. And who shall JUDGE who has TRULY been hearing Christ? Is there any man? Can a man CLAIM for himself that he TRULY hears God? The only way that can be proven is when the power of God backs up that claim.

JW's say they hear Christ, and surely, by their record of documented lies, can be eliminated from ones who TRULY hear. Those who are TRULY HEARING CHRIST, will be shown and revealed in the end.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Same truth for the last two.

Christ will seperate out the TRUE BELIEVERS from the false Lord Lorders.

That is something ONLY CHRIST CAN DO, because it means being able to read hearts. Hearts that HE created to be good.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    It's called CHOSEN. Go read the parable of the wheat and the weeds. The DIFFERENCE between them GOOD AND BAD, SHEEP AND GOAT, WHEAT AND WEED, CHOSEN AND UNCHOSEN, would NOT be discerned and REVEALED UNTIL THE END OF THE HARVEST. So you are bluntly WRONG.

No, it's you who are bluntly wrong. You have taken a single verse of scripture, Romans 8:19 out of context, have applied your own meaning to it that is completely foreign to what the context indicates, and are forcing an interpretation onto the rest of the Bible to conform to your pet idea. Let me reiterate: Romans 8:19 is not about a revealing of WHO are the sons of God, but about the glory that they will possess at the last day with Christ. The previous verse makes that crystal clear.

Look at 1 John 5:1,2:

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands

This was written at the end of the first century. Not all those believers had been personally chosen by Christ. Yet they knew who the children of God were. There are many such scriptures that can be cited, showing that we can know who are the children of God. Yet you would deny them all because of your twisted misapplication of one verse.

The Bible is for the CHOSEN only.

Now there's a false assertion right out of the Watchtower. And are you the chosen one who's going to enlighten us as to the "true meaning"?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

And are you the chosen one who's going to enlighten us as to the "true meaning"?

Can you read? The chosen sons of God will not be revealed until the end. The seperating is done AT THE END by Christ HIMSELF.

So...The Judge is out right now. We will have to wait for his return to see who he justifies.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Can you read? The chosen sons of God will not be revealed until the end. The seperating is done AT THE END by Christ HIMSELF.

So...The Judge is out right now. We will have to wait for his return to see who he justifies.

Yes, I can read quite well. My Bible says that we can know that we have eternal life. How unfortunate that you choose to ignore such blessed assurance in favor of a twisted misinterpretation of one verse.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

As I spoke the truth previously:

The Judge is out right now. We will have to wait for his return to see who he justifies.

My Bible says that we can know that we have eternal life. How unfortunate that you choose to ignore such blessed assurance in favor of a twisted misinterpretation of one verse.

My Bible says this:

Rom 8:24-25
    Who hopes for what he already has? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

I have hope. You already have eternal life do you?

My Bible says this about that:

1 Cor 10:12-13
    12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Rom 11:20-21
    Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

2 Cor 10:18-11:1
    For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

2 Cor 11:30-31
    If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

Good day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit