"Witnesses Now For Jesus" convention ...

by borgfree 101 Replies latest jw friends

• borgfree
  • FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

why does this sound like another Jehovah's Witness religion in the making? ~FS

• DJ
    DJ

Five,

It isn't! It is an annual meeting in the mountains of Pennsylvania for furmer cult members, namely JW's but there are xmormons as well. It is a place for healing and venting. It is an extremely loving environment with plenty of testimonies and encouraging teachings from former members who have found the love of Christ. It is Oct 18-20 this year. All are welcome and NOONE is there to indocrinate anyone!! It is a great time! I hope to go again this year. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it! love,dj

• Valis
    Valis

THE WAR OF THE WORLDSChristians are engaged in a war of the worlds - not a physical battle, but against deceptive worldviews which seek to take captive the hearts and minds of men. Jim is professor of philosophy at Cedarville University in Ohio and a director of PFO.

This gives it away for me...we wouldn't want our followers thinking that we all have to share the planet with billions of other people and thier beliefs, nor would we want to examine any of those beliefs as they are "deceptive" and of little value. I must be missing something here because it sounds like fundamentalist proaganda to me....new name...same game.

Sincerely,

District

• borgfree
    borgfree
    Main Entry: 1 fundamental
    Pronunciation: "f&n-d&-'men-t & l
    Function: adjective
    Date: 15th century
    1 a : serving as an original or generating source : PRIMARY <a discovery fundamental to modern computers> b : serving as a basis supporting existence or determining essential structure or function : BASIC
    2 a : of or relating to essential structure, function, or facts : RADICAL <fundamental change>; also : of or dealing with general principles rather than practical application <fundamental science> b : adhering to fundamentalism
    3 : of, relating to, or produced by the lowest component of a complex vibration
    4 : of central importance : PRINCIPAL <fundamental purpose>
    5 : belonging to one's innate or ingrained characteristics : DEEP-ROOTED <her fundamental good humor>
    synonym see ESSENTIAL

Websters Dictionary

• Valis
    Valis

OK borg, perhaps that isn't the right word, but I think you know what I am talking about. The very idea that having a "worldview" is a bad thing doesn't sit well with me. Its still the same spurious idealism that the JWs entertain is it not?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• borgfree
    borgfree

Valis,

I spent my life believing the WT. I do not consider it the same thing at all. As witnesses we believed "the world is under the power of the wicked one" I think most Christians believe that is so. If that is the case then it would be wise to be careful of the information we believe. I am not afraid to read or listen to any information but I do not believe everyone who is considered an authority of some kind, I will use my own mind, unlike when I was a JW.

This will be my 10th year at the convention. I hope to never miss it. It is nice to be with people who have been where we have been.

There will be a man there who has attended every convention since the first one. He claims he still is not a believer. I guess if the convention was anything like the WT, he would have given in to the mind control by now.

Borgfree

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I first attended this convention 1994 and again in 1997. In 1994, I was newly out of the borg, and scared to death. However what I found was a wonderful place to find people that felt the same way I did and I could vent and cry and have a great laugh. In 1997, I returned and it was an absolute joy to be around the TRUE love of Christ and I could actually praise God without fear that I was going to be possessed by demons.

• Southland
    Southland

The same woman who was in the St. Petersburg Times article has a part on Saturday:

2:00 PM Shirley Jackson
    4888 21st Avenue North #38
    Saint Petersburg, FL 33713
    ENSLAVED TO THE ORGANIZATION; NOW FREE IN CHRIST
    As a former Jehovah's Witness, Shirley experienced much heartache and abuse. She trusted "God's" organization to help her. True help came from trusting in Jesus.
  • Valis
    Valis

borg...its cool that you have had good experiences there, but I still think you miss my point. As well, your friend who keeps coming back is obviously there for a different reason and has little to do with the logic or reasoning of the speakers. When your "Keynote" adress brings with it the implication that exclusivity is an acceptable way to live I have to say "no thank you"...besides, I would be looking for the beer vendors the whole time..*L*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit