"Witnesses Now For Jesus" convention ...

by borgfree 101 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol

• Satanus
    Satanus

Petespal's christianity is so lovely

SS

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

petespal2002 condemns another man to "hell?"

I speak what I believe to be true and that justifies HIS condemnation? If I have condemned another, show me please. If not, I believe it may be you that has maybe put his life on the line by your own words of condemnation?

Matt 12:37
    37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Luke 6:37
    "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

1 Cor 4:3-5
    3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

• larc
    larc

Flower, I think you interprete RR's comments as being harsh. I don't. He and I have been out for a long time. As you know, things do heal with time. I would guess that RR and I have posted here longer than you have been out. Since you are new to this, you have a lot of healing to do, and you have made great progress. Nontheless, RR's basic message is true and some day you will know it and feel it. At some point, we do have to get over it and move on with life. Flower, I was raised in it, like you, and like you I lost important people, people I grew up with. So? Poop happens. I now have many new friends, and so do you. Life changes. Know what? There are people that you are close to now that you will never see again in the next fifty years. That happens to all people, not just JWs.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Seems to me...............

.............. that quoting scripture texts ad infinitum is very much like what the Borg does, the danger being that they are taken out of context. Therefore, a mass of scripture texts carries little weight. Remember, it's not the texts, but what is the word of God?

That's my opinion, anyway.

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 2 September 2002 20:3:30

• RR
    RR

Thanks Larc, finanly someone who understand :)

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

That's my opinion, anyway.

Yes it is.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    "If it is the Lord's will, we will live

Pomegranate, if you do nothing else today, you should take out your dictionary and look up the word "CONTEXT". It's quite apparent that it's a foreign concept to you. Just reading surrounding verses demonstrates clearly that "live" in this half-verse you cited does not refer to eternal salvation, but to day-to-day matters of living. Doesn't matter, though. You weren't planning to use the scripture honestly, anyway.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 3 September 2002 15:50:45

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The context of Life:

"If it is the Lord's will, we will live

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Like I said. You weren't planning to use the scripture honestly, anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit