Apathy trollies in my city.

by punkofnice 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know that reality is that they are not highly motivated to "advertise, advertise, advertise" their message and people are not likely to be drawn to their trolley. I know that reality is that Watchtower doesn't necessarily want them to give away a bunch of literature and this latest method is mostly for keeping the members feeling they are still doing God's work.

I just wonder if there's a secondary plan to use the "apathy" of people as evidence that "the love of the greater number has cooled off" and the end must be seconds away.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The apathy just oozes from them
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i used to be apathetic---but now i just dont care anymore.
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    I just ignore the cult carts now.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I had a butchers around the town on Sunday. No sign of any apathy trollies. Whatever happened to zealous witnessing? Speeding it up in his own time(tm) and all that cult crap?
  • LeeT
    LeeT
    Apathy trollies, I quite like the name but I still refer to the street cart method as the Manhattan Project.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/218409/jw-manhattan-project?page=1
    I always try to have a chat with them.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

They have them here at the BART stations (San Francisco bay area rapid transit). My never a JW hubbie is always tempted to ask them an inconvenient question, lol. He says no one ever approaches or takes literature.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    99.9% of the time the drones manning the carts seem to have more interest playing with their mobile phones or gossiping
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    No apathy trollies in town at all yesterday. Where have all the culties gone?
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Around here the JWs are like 3D graffiti. They might get a few glances, that's about it. There are so many other "preachers" standing around with loud speakers, or signs, or driving around in vans with signs and loudspeakers. JWs are just another flavor of religious nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit