Apathy trollies in my city.

by punkofnice 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There were 2 apathy trollies side by side yesterday, in town. One was English and the other was Polish. The JWs were scattered about holding the washtowel and asleep! in their hands.

No bibles were on display. I didn't even read what was written on the trolly.....the apathy had got to me by then.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw
    They used to be at London Bridge every day but now maybe only once a fortnight....the only people that talk to them are tourists looking for directions.
  • punkofnice
  • Elisa1966
    Elisa1966

In our congregation it is harder to get bro's to take part in the street witnessing.They seem to be tired ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

far left, you can see 2 brothers(tm) holding up the washtowel and asleep!

I think the only people talking to them are other JWs. Not sure if you can see them very well....

• steve2
    steve2

Tip for brothers and sisters staffing literature trolleys:

Because having no passersby stop and show interest is not a good look, rent a crowd of brothers and sisters to drop by and pretend to be interested. That show of interest may be contagious and help passersby feel less awkward about stopping.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Steve - Yes. It's like when someone stops and looks up at the sky for no reason...some people will follow suit.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I took a trip to a town in Northamptonshire at the weekend. I saw an apathy trolley outside MacDonalds. The JWs sat on the bench outside with their tracts (no Bibles), on display.

The only interest was the other JWs that turned up to natter with them.

No interest. No tracts taken. I just felt that the JWs should kick over the trolley and go to Disney world or go for a trek in the woods with their families. I wasted too many years slaving for a filthy, disgusting corporation in the hopes that it would save my family......in the end the corporation broke my family up in the most terrible way. That's gratitude for you....but what do I expect? The leaders of that corporation savour and enjoy abusing others...including children!!

• punkofnice
  • steve2
    steve2

Nice one, Punk. Perhaps a series, showing them in their self-absorbed clusters, talking with each other whilst avoiding eye contact with passersby, on their ipads, phones, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit