JWZone Thread on Bill Bowen - UPDATED!

by SYN 170 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• SYN
    SYN

Now for some more "choice" quotable quotables from the Dubs:

You're a good man, maddan!
    And you are absolutely right that Bowen's methodology is totally out of character for a serious, compassionate response to the issues involved.
    Spell it self-interest and spiteful agenda, both of which are doomed to failure.

Bowen's methodology? How can the methodology of the Tower (silence the Lambs) be comparable to Bowen's methodology? What methodology? Last time I checked, Mr. Bowen was merely trying to get the Lambs a fair hearing after they were DISFELLOWSHIPPED for warning other potential Lambs! These posts REEK of hypocrisy, but more than that, they are FILLED with sheer, utter mindless ignorance, the likes of which you would have to travel into the middle of the Congo rain forests to find in normal life.

quote:
    Bowen's methodology is totally out of character for a serious, compassionate response to the issues involved

which is a good half of what sets off my creep alarm...i know his agenda is to "bring down the society"...oooh, what's new...but exploiting victims a second time and pretending to be concerned about the "victims" while offering them nothing! no share of the "donations" he's raising for their "healing"...no counseling...no support. totally unconscionable!!trying so hard not to be accusatory, but in my experience, there's only one sort of man so callous in his disregard for a sexually abused child.

Ah, yes, "offering them no counselling...no support". Let's embed a page straight from the Silentlambs website, shall we?

IDIOT! STFU!

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Funny how all the other groups would be classified as: Victim's Advocate Group's by our JW Focus group, but why not Silentlambs?

If this was just business I would be trying to determine how best to re-market our product for more mass appeal. The prejudices our Focus Group revealed would be a problem to overcome not the end of the product.

One more thought: Individual Americans defeated the McCarthy Era senate. Now that was a sizable task! Of course the constitution gives more freedom that the Watchtower

Edited by - nanoprobe on 8 August 2002 14:20:0

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I applied for an ID so I could post on the wonderfull site, but so far the bastards havnt let me in. And I was going to write such nice things too......

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Guys, I have this idea for helping with the IMAGE PROBLEM.

What do you think?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34128&site=3

• Prisca
    Prisca
    As for Prisca, I simply get tired of her little innocent game and her hypocrisy. If she could simply admit to one damn thing she has done that has been out of spite or anger and simply apologize for it I will let up.

Den... um, I mean Dave, I have apologised for things, and I have made up for things too. OFF THE BOARD. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. ok?

Her getting in the middle of that huge sex thread a few months ago and egging on a few male posters to keep it going is a good example. When Simon closes the thread and said it was inappropriate she pops on and acts like she is completely innocent and that she agrees with him 100%.

Yes, I was the only female poster on that thread, wasn't I?

Combine that with the war she started because of her photo being shown and now she shows her own photo a few months later, that kind of shit just blows my mind and I have to speak up. I thought I saw the last of that kind of hypocrisy when I left the damn religion.

I'm terribly sorry Dave, but I didn't know we weren't allowed to grow on this board. I had very good reasons not to want my pic posted on the board, especially a pic that had been sent to certain perople WITHOUT my permission, and WITHOUT my permission to have it posted on the board.

Then, when I decided to come out with my real pic on the board, that was done IN MY OWN TIME. No one else has the right to decide when I can "come out" so to speak, on the board. Do you agree, Den.... sorry, I mean Dave?

The hypocrisy is those who pretend to be exponents of free speech, but actually degrade those who try to exercise free speech.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm
    I'm just glad all the hubbub about her getting all sideways when someone posting her real picture several months back has died down. I know how important it is for her to stay anonymous and not let anyone see her true identity. That sure caused a huge war on this board and as you can see by her new icon pic the issue and all the fallout and division that was caused by it was all for nothing.

I know she had to have had a good reason back then to cause all that trouble but I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out. Anyway, I like her real pic she has up now, it is a lot better than that ugly Sandra Bullock pic she use to use. Personally I think her new pic is very sexy. Maybe if someone would have posted this new one instead of the old one nothing would have happened. I guess it's all about the timing and stuff.

Combine that with the war she started because of her photo being shown and now she shows her own photo a few months later, that kind of shit just blows my mind and I have to speak up. I thought I saw the last of that kind of hypocrisy when I left the damn religion.

Dave,

What Kent did was despicable. What more harmful thing can be done to a fading ex-JW than expose them before they are ready--out of petty spitefulness, and for no other reason than to cause them discomfort? And you blame her for getting upset about it? You think she caused a war by speaking out?

How reminiscent of young rape victims being shunned for causing all that trouble in the congregation when they speak out against their abuser. I wonder where we've seen that 'blame the victim' mentality before?

Glibness aside, it IS all about timing... uh, and stuff. I'm either more paranoid or more Internet savvy than Prisca, because in my year on this board I shared no pictures or personal information with anyone until I was ready to share them with the entire world; I knew that one was as good as the other. Even though I recently posted pictures of myself, I can imagine my horror had someone betrayed my trust and had someone else threatened to 'make me famous' before I was ready. But it's Prisca's fault? I thought I saw the last of that kind of re-victimizing the victim when I left the damn religion.

Shame on you for even hinting that what Kent did was fine because she later posted her own picture. "I can't blame my fellow elder for raping that teen-aged sister. After all, she willingly had sex a few months later. It's obvious she wanted it."

I've never taken sides in this silly feud, the genesis of which has long ago been lost in the osbcurity of prehistory. But when I see someone give in to the same hypocrisy that we all decry because of their (relativily) new agenda... well, in his wise words, "that kind of shit just blows my mind and I have to speak up."

Tim

• teejay
    teejay

Hmmm,

Goddamn.

Beautiful. Just beautiful. More than words can say.

Sometimes it happens in life and if we're lucky, we are there to see it: A man stands up, and it's a thing of beauty when he does. You just made my week, my Brother. You are a 'heavy' here.

You are... no question.

Nice post.
    ---------------------

[I really *was* thru w/ this thread until I read this. Now I *really* am.]

• seven006
    seven006

<<<Den... um, I mean Dave, I have apologised for things, and I have made up for things too. OFF THE BOARD. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. ok?>>>

Prisca, it is childish little games like the one you just played with my name that pisses people off. It is infantile and completely unnecessary. It is things like that that built up the animosity against you that lead Kent to posting your picture. Get a clue Prisca.

If you made your apologies then why do you still flick shit to those who ended up on the other side? Get over it and get over yourself! I did not choose your side so you kept at me, that pissed me off! Do you understand that?

<<<Yes, I was the only female poster on that thread, wasn't I?>>>

Here is a great place for you to stop and look. Instead of admitting you did what you did you try to shift the attention to everyone else that was involved. I didn't see anyone else who was involved in the sex thread come on to Simon's thread and act like they did not take a part of it and acted completely innocent. YOU DID! Many posted on Simon's thread and apologized. You acted like you did not even participate. That is the hypocrisy I was talking about. That is the innocent little game you play.

<<<I'm terribly sorry Dave, but I didn't know we weren't allowed to grow on this board. I had very good reasons not to want my pic posted on the board, especially a pic that had been sent to certain perople WITHOUT my permission, and WITHOUT my permission to have it posted on the board.>>>

I completely understand and agree with you 100%. You sent the same photo in question to me. I thought it was cute as hell you sitting on the picnic table holding your glasses. I also did not send it to anyone because I knew you did not want it shown around. When Kent posted it I thought it was in very poor taste. I also know things you did and said that led up to him being pissed off enough to post it. You were both in the wrong. Kent did not post it on a whim. He did it because he was pissed off at your antics and he wanted to get back at you. Most people don't know that. Either way both of you were wrong.

<<<Then, when I decided to come out with my real pic on the board, that was done IN MY OWN TIME. No one else has the right to decide when I can "come out" so to speak, on the board. Do you agree, Den.... sorry, I mean Dave?>>>

Yes, Prisca I agree with you. It is your right and I will defend that right. Now stop with the infantile childish game of playing with my name. Again, that is the kind of shit that started this whole mess. Have you got that figured out yet Prisca?

<<<The hypocrisy is those who pretend to be exponents of free speech, but actually degrade those who try to exercise free speech.>>>

I guess when you flick shit it is free speech, when others throw it back they either have an ego problem or they are slandering you. Work on your insecurity against those who are smarter than you Prisca and we can avoid a lot of this shit!

Tim,

I did not like what Kent did at all. I never supported it and I thought it was in very poor taste. Even though there was a lot that led up to it I still feel he shouldn't have posted it. A division developed on this board with both sides acting very childish. I did not choose sides but instead tried to keep the peace. Since I didn't choose a side Prisca started flicking me shit. She has flicked a lot of people shit and then acted like she was an innocent victim in the whole mess. There was a lot more to it than most know. I stayed out of it because I liked all the people who were involved on both sides including Prisca. The only one who attacked me for trying to keep the peace was Prisca.

It pissed me off when I tried to stay neutral and got shit for not choosing Prisca's side. That's about the jest of it. She has her little ways of causing trouble such as her infantile way of playing with peoples names in her posts. Since she doesn't cuss those little childish things are over looked. She is one of the biggest shit throwers on this board. She has made many comments about my friends and has gotten away with it and I'm tired of it.

I will repeat this so it is very clear. I did not condone what Kent did. I also did not condone what Prisca did. I didn't get any shit form Kent or anyone else involved form that side of the issue when I tried to keep a few wars from erupting between the two groups. I did get glib remarks and attitude from Prisca.

If you want to discuss this further please e-mail me so we can keep this from getting out of hand on the board.

Take care
    Dave

Edited by - seven006 on 8 August 2002 21:51:32

• teejay
    teejay

seven006,

You talk like a cop. Or a lawyer. Or a politician, running for office.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Dave

Since her good buddies don't point out her two faced antics I thought I would try to help her out.

Does this mean that because you dislike Prisca, EVERYONE should dislike her?? When you drag Prisca's good buddies into this, who do you mean exactly?? If you don't mind, I'd prefer some specific names. Its important to know, so that we can all see what you 'really' mean here. Is that a threat to attack anyone who posts 'Pro-Prisca'? Or a warning?

We all are entitled to have buddies on here Dave, and its sad that you think we should be punished for this. When you say 'your good buddies don't point out her two faced antics'...well...I guess you don't come here much. I am a good buddy of Prisca's.....and I have spoken against her publicly...and violently so...and contrary to your opinion, we have resolved our issues...as friends do.

This isn't a sarcastic attack on you btw...I have just encountered a similar attack...not just at Prisca, but it was also turned into an attack at Aussies in general and those who Prisca likes...which simply means anyone of us could be next. That's not good Dave. I have no conflict with you, never have and I don't intend to now...just thought I was seeing a pattern here, that's all.

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit