My B/F told me he's a J/W after months of dating!

by Funky_Diva_53_2000 81 Replies latest social relationships

• LB
    LB

It's good to do some research but why don't you tell her why you've lied to her? Why you equate your relationship with her as death. After all it appears that you two have completed, according to the JW definition, fornication already. So you've already reached the state of spiritual death according to the watchtower.

i love (Funkydiva) and i care about our relationship.

You have lied to her over and over. That isn't caring about her. You care about the relationship then? What part?

Why won't you admit you're a liar instead of throwing stones back at us? That might show her you are at least part of a man.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Hey Broken hearted, sorry you are getting slammed so hard. Take a break, do some research, and post when you can. I can sympathize with your situation, although never having been a witness. I want you to understand that God's requirement of you, i.e. Jehovah's provision, if that you go to His Son in repentance to have your sins forgiven and to be born again. It is not by adhering to some strict rules and doctrines (read Galatians), but rather by FAITH in JESUS. Once you are saved, then you will produce the works that God desires from us. The WT puts the cart before the horse.

Religion teaches (JW's included)

Faith + Works = Salvation......

Bible teaches

Faith = Salvation + works

You can do nothing to please God unless you are cleansed from sin and living by the Spirit. (Rom 8 :5-9).

You cannot please God by works friend, but by saving faith in Jesus.

I am praying for you :) Email me if you want to chat.

Penn

Edited by - Unclepenn1 on 11 July 2002 20:27:5

Edited by - Unclepenn1 on 11 July 2002 20:28:12

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

How do you make paragraphs? Everything I tried just runs all together.

• LB
    LB

Unclepenn I see paragraphs in your post.

Hey Brokenheartedidiot,

If my daughter was 17 and you came around to date her, you wouldn't have any teeth left after the first time we met. In our state, minors are incapable of giving consent for any sort of sexual conduct, so you would likely be subject to criminal prosecution. I would push for that all the way, after I knocked your teeth out of your foolish head. You don't know what love is, you're just looking for a piece of ass. You are an adult who'd better wise up quick, or you might find yourself being the newest "ho" in the state prison.

Funky, you ought to drop this loser fast. You're still very young and have a lot of opportunity ahead of you. Don't waste it on self-proclaimed idiots.

• detective
    detective

What makes you think we don't care,BHI? Is it because the stinging reality that's been injected into this thread? I feel bad for you but at the same time I'm not ready to hear poor excuses for bad behavior. You're in a tough spot. Not because of this girl, but because of the restrictive environment in which you dwell. You should be able to look at your religion- good and bad- and be free enough to assess whether or not it's really all it claims it is. But if you rely solely on what they claim then you will never really make that assessment honestly. You're stuck- and I feel bad that you are.

But... being in a bad spot doesn't give you the right to drag an innocent bystander into your situation. And that's exactly what you are doing. Putting all sorts of pressure on your relationship as if it's your coupledom versus god is unfair. And I can't imagine any seventeen year old girl can really handle that strain. I don't know of any mature adults who can grow and prosper in a situation like that actually! your relationship will have enough ups and downs as you grow into adulthood as it is. Being a member of a high control group and the baggage that goes along with it is additional strain that will take a long time to work through. The odds are against you two but I'm not saying it can't be done.

So, you have two completely separate issues to deal with. First, you have to do more than just soul searching. You have to do serious research on the bible and on your religion. NOT from sources provided by your religion either. But from a more well-rounded array of sources. Stop pitting your relationship against your religion. That's not what this is about.

Second, you have a young girl who is very smitten with you. You have a responsibility to treat her right. that means no more lying. NO MORE LYING, you understand what I'm saying here? You don't have to marry the girl, but you have to be serious about being a partner in a growing relationship. If you can't do that, then walk away. And keep in mind that it is not legal to fool around with this young girl in many states. Keep it clean, for both your sakes.

Perhaps you should consider taking a three month vacation from both your girlfriend and meetings. Explain what you're doing and tell her you'll call her in three months. In the meantime- no meetings, no field service and no magazines or books put out by your religion. Take this time to investigate, to soul search and to start to sort out who you are without the organization or your girlfriend coloring it. Honestly, I doubt you'd take this suggestion though I think it's a pretty good one.

You brought someone into this situation, that's been done. Now it's time to look after both of you. But, I think it would be a terrible waste if you walked away from this experience without knowing the lesson in it. If you don't make that heartache mean something by just returning to your old ways, then you've missed the whole point. Don't waste lifes little lessons or you'll just end up a conscienceless drone. Make this situation mean something to your growth as a person. And if you let it just be some indescretion that you apologise for and try to tuck away, I really think that's horrible and disgusting. Please don't be one of those people. Be a better person than that. Take this situation and let it be a point of growth and self-exploration. oh yeah, and try not to take anymore unwitting victims into this mess until you've got a better hold of who are, what you're involved in and what kind of true friend you can be.

• larc
    larc

BrokenHearted, you say this affects your life. Have you read the many stories here about how our lives have been affected. You are not the only one, son. After you do your research, please come back with your comments on what you find.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

If he doesnt get out...you will have to let him go...life with a dub will make you miserable.

Lizard

• savanah
    savanah

Dear Brokenheartedidiot

I have been baptized as a Jehovahs Witness for 6 years now and can understand what youre going through as I have done some stupid things in the past as well. Ok, sure youve done something wrong and had sex with her (oral sex is sex really) but we both know that if you go to the elders about it that they will help you through this. Jehovah will forgive you for the things that youve done wrong if you are repentent. Unfortunately we are not perfect and make mistakes.

Believe it or not guys, we are not brain washed. I looked into other religions before I decided to get baptized as one of Jehovahs Witnesses and if you really do research it then you will be amazed at what you will learn. It really is the truth.

As for Funky, Im really sorry that he has mucked you around. It must be really hard to understand. If you were a little bit older, and he really loved you, then he could marry you. What that person said earlier about Jehovahs Witnesses not being able to marry someone that not in their religion is not true. The bible definitely doesnt recommend it, but it is a conscience matter and he will not be disfellowshipped if he did marry you. However, if the relationship is going to go anyway you have to respect his religious beliefs. Obviously when we have such strong convictions and being a witness takes up so much of our time, you can see why the bible recommends that we marry someone who is of the same faith. The fact that he still wants to see you even after his families disapproval, shows that he has really strong feelings for you.

If you really love him, you will respect his religious beliefs and he will respect yours. You may be confused as to why he would allow you to go so far sexually. But hes right, in the heat of the moment, you do do stupid things and hes twenty so hes probably horny as..... Like I said before, we all make mistakes and none of us are perfect.

Now, I know you guys are gonna twist everything Ive just said but I really wanted to him to hear something from a witness and not some apostate.

ciao

• LB
    LB

but we both know that if you go to the elders about it that they will help you through this
    Sure they'll help you. After you give them every single detail of your oral sexcapade.

he will not be disfellowshipped if he did marry you
    don't count on that. You assume way too much

Believe it or not guys, we are not brain washed.
    so you aren't brainwashed? Did dateline have any effect on you? If not, you're brainwashed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit