My B/F told me he's a J/W after months of dating!

by Funky_Diva_53_2000 81 Replies latest social relationships

• SYN
    SYN

<waves hand>

Hi Boyfriend Guy! Have you read any OTHER threads on this site? I hope so for your sake, honestly I do!

Good luck there, Funky, may the force be with you.

• Funky_Diva_53_2000
    Funky_Diva_53_2000
    My question is: Is he baptized? The reason I want to know is, if he's 20 y/o, and he's not baptized yet, that may be good for you. Most JW youths are baptized well before their 18th b-day, if they are "spiritually minded".

Wordly girl...yeah my boyfriend was baptized last June I think it was. I asked him if he would have still gone ahead and get baptized if we had met each other before June (not that we knew each other then), but he said he probally would have still got baptized.

Funky_Diva_53_2000

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Doesn't the fact that this guy hid an extremely important part of his life from you for so long make you wonder whether you can ever fully trust him? And, in a JW family, you can be sure that he was hiding his relationship with you from them, too. This guy has definite honesty issues. Not that that's so unusual among JW's. Proceed with caution (if at all).

• brokenheartedidiot
    brokenheartedidiot

I'm (Funky_Diva_53_2000)'s boyfriend.

I am the guy that somehow managed to break the heart of the only girl i have ever truly loved.

I can't believe what i've done to (Funky_Diva_53_2000), but i also can't change the past, and my deep love for her remains.

There isn't a shadow of a doubt in my faith and in the Bible, and i try my best to live my life as God would want me to - as a true Christian, even though i stumble often in my search for accurate knowledge.

I thank all of you for taking an interest, and i have read and considered all of your comments closely, but in my heart i already know the decision i have to make.

Jehovah or (Funky_Diva_53_2000).

Only i can make this heart-wrenching decision, and i know i need to make it soon for (Funky_Diva_53_2000)'s sake. Either decision i make, i know i'll be losing a relationship very, very dear to my heart.

I am so deeply sorry for what i have done to you (Funky_Diva_53_2000). I'm also sorry for the stress i have put your family under, and they are fully justified in thinking i've been an absolute idiot.

Thanks for listening,
    i look forward to reading any helpful information that might aid my decision. Thanks again...

---brokenheartedidiot---

• LB
    LB

Well buddy if you're hear to just play this poor young girl I hope someone kicks your ass.

But ask yourself this. Would you really be losing Jehovah over this? Or would you just be losing a religion that has made more false prophecys that correct ones. Oh wait, have they made any correct ones yet?

But I suggest taking the high road on this and just walk away. You've lied to her. You've betrayed her and right now you're playing her.

• crownboy
    crownboy

brokenheartedidiot said:

i already know the decision i have to make.

Jehovah or (Funky_Diva_53_2000).

Ever thought that perhaps there is a 3rd option, man? It isn't necessary for you to dump Jehovah or your GF. In fact, if you can play it right, you don't necessarily have to "offically" give up the JW's, either, but obviously you'd have to stop being an active one. Of course, if you're still a believing JW, then leaving the Org. probably represents leaving God, even though that isn't necessarily so. I would recommend you truly give a serious look into your JW belief system; a "no holds barred" investigation into your religion using both pro- and anti- JW sources. Even if you don't do it specifically for this relationship, do it for yourself. There are certain policies in the JW religion that will require you to lay down your life if need be (blood issue); this is a religion that requires more out of you than most other life endevours combined, so make sure you are investing your life into a correct cause. You wouldn't deal flippantly with most decisions of this magnitude, so don't do it with this one (verifing the truth of JW beliefs).

And of course, like others have noted, it is unfair the way you have treated your GF. Knowing the JW life I can sympathize with your situation, but your emotions aren't the only ones on the line here. If your past secretive behaviour was of genuine error, then you've learned not to do it again, I hope . As I've said, don't make this decision just about you and your GF (though you should resolve this quickly, at least for her sake), but think of the long range implications being a JW can have on your life (look at this situation). And also remember Jehovah can be with you no matter what your decision.

• brokenheartedidiot
    brokenheartedidiot

>>>> L.B.<<<<

Please don't presume to know me, or every one of the facts in my current situation. Ever wondered why you were created with two ears and only one mouth?

As for my religion, i am fully aware of every aspect of it. I am an avid reader of the Bible and i cannot ignore the hallmarks of true religion when i see them. Of course i know about the mistakes that my religion has made in the past, but this only strengthens my faith in it. I am impressed by the way my religion humbly admits mistakes, and corrects itself through vigorous study of the Bible in a constant search for a pure religion that Jehovah finds acceptable. If you know another religion that lives up to God's criteria, then i would be very interested in that. But at the end of the day, we all stand alone in front of Jehovah.

If i happen to chose religion after all this, i know where i'd want to be.

Now, back to the matter in hand. I never meant to hurt (Funky_Diva_53_2000), i love her, and indeed why would i put myself through so much suffering if i was just playing her? Tracy is a beautiful person, and she has given me the chance to make a decision, i value that, and i don't intend to waste it.

----brokenheartedidiot----

Edited by - brokenheartedidiot on 9 July 2002 22:34:55

• LB
    LB

Please don't presume to know me, or every one of the facts in my current situation. Ever wondered why you were created with two ears and only one mouth?

Oh I know you way better than you think. You think you are the first guy who has gone after forbiddon fruits? I hope she doesn't buy your BS and gets someone else in her life that will be honest. Oh and did you bother using your brain? You talked about two ears and only one mouth but the brain plays a factor too doesn't it? You used your mouth to go after this young girl and lied through your teeth doing it. Anything else I should know?

I have met very few JW lads who don't live a double life like you have. You say you know where you want to be. Good, go there. Stop lying to those horrible worldly girls that Jehovah plans to kill any day now. I bet you didn't mention that to her either. That all of us who aren't witneses are going to be dead any day now, after all we are in the last minutes of the last day.

I hope she can find herself a nice young man that will care about her more than he cares about himself. You aren't that guy and your sob story here hopefully won't be believed by her either.

• brokenheartedidiot
    brokenheartedidiot

You have just twisted every one of my heartfelt comments!! I emphasise the fact that you don't know the full details. My 'sob' story happens to be true. I don't have a double life - my family, friends and congregation know about (Funkydiva). And we both know what will happen if we stay together. But don't you think that love in this old world could possibly be worth more than everlasting life?

I think it could be - but that's going to have to be my decision and i'm certainly not going to think with my 'teeth' in order to reach it. (Funkydiva) obviously knows me better than you, she's given me this extra chance to rethink my life. It's easy for you to sit there and bark out your views, and twist my words, but at the end of the day remember it's my life your playing with. Please don't ruin my only chance, or you will destroy any possible future happiness that (Funkydiva) and i can still have together.

If you have any comments, please be careful in how you respond, the reason i posted on here was in a search to maybe find an extra alternative that i might not have previously looked at. I have precious little time to decide & i need to hear constructive comments.

• LB
    LB

Personally I don't buy what you are saying here one bit. The reason? Because I'm a guy and I know how guys can twist things around themselves just to get their way. Then of course you'll accuse everyone else of twisting things.

You said

But don't you think that love in this old world could possibly be worth more than everlasting life?

As long as you have this mentality that being with funkydiva equates with death then I suggest you back off and leave the poor girl alone. Or is that just another ploy to bed her?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit