Dateline discussed openly in our congregation

by TheMatrix 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang

This is as far through the letter as I got.

In this sick, perverted world, we must be very careful

A loving 'brother'? - fucking double speaker with a forked tongue.
    I can't believe that even one of them is OK.

Bang

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Matix....once again..'it ain't about what we say we do, it's about what we do'. There was a time in my life when I was so upset with my critics. I wanted them to judge me according to my intentions and they kept judging me according to my CONDUCT!!!. What a great dynamic. As true for me as it is for the WTBS. For someone who may never have experienced the dire consequences of elder malfeasnace in dealing with molestation, it certainly doesn't serve the interests of sensibility to say it 'can't be like you describe it'. I really hope you are in a congregation that is very loving and responsible to this problem, but many of us haven't been and all the rehtoric in the world won't change that. Do you know what it feels like when you see the elders protect their precious children from a molester, while the others in the cong. can't be warned because that would be causing divisions?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Bonovox-

First, I must say that I enjoy your posts. Lots of people get really offended when you disagree with them but I appreciate a different side as long as they are intelligent. Umm, you said that I should try loving the JWs. Well I said I hated THINGS about JWs, not the entire orgfanization and all of it's people. Afterall my parents are still witnesses and I love them. But certain things about the org. I do hate. Ex: shunning family, losing lives due to "the blood issue", false prophesying, no female elders, etc.

I also disagree that hate can tear you apart. I think a little hate now and then is good for the soul

StinkyP

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer"

• LB
    LB

I see Simon deactivated the Matrix's account. Good call. I wonder what his next name will be. I vote for "Horny Pioneer"

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• JT
    JT

And finally, and ultimately, if someone IS convicted, serves their jail sentence and attends the rehabilitative counselling that is usually a part of the conditions of their release, is reproved and DOES repent, just who are you to say that they can't worship God again? I think even in society at large we still believe in the concept of rehabilitation and forgiveness, do we not??

############

and after all of that would you leave your child or recommend that someone leave thier child in the care of such a person in view of the tons of info on the subject showing that they never get rid of the desire for young girls

• mmetz
    mmetz

And to top it all off ! Even though some states do not have a law where the clergy are required to report all crimes, all states have a law that parents are to report all such crimes. If that the case then why were these victims not reporting. Gee you don`t think there elders told them not to>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DUH GET A GRIP JW`S

• bonovox
    bonovox

JT, definately not, and I think Ive stated unequivocally my view on that. They'd have to be watched like a hawk, and NEVER left alone again with a young person, NEVER.

I think with stricter laws, better phychiatric assessments and much more effective parole/monitoring programs, you'd see alot less of these sickos getting rereleased into society anyways, as Stinkypantz has pointed out, they are truly sick individuals who by and large can't control themselves long enough to not reoffend.

Stinkypantz you are right, you did say 'things', my bad! But Im glad you see what I mean, it is hard to love, I know...I used to have this saying on my now defunct website: 'It's much easier for me to hate everyone and everything. It's finding space for love that takes the real work'.

------------------------------------------------------

"Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"

Bullet the Blue Sky, Rattle n Hum version

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

since when has there ever been any 'open discussion' with elders, or for that matter, open discussion in front of a whole congregation? i know how it works - you know how it works. the intimidation is very subtle. i swear to god, sometimes i think jw's practice subliminal mind control. it's so manchurian candidate.... matrix posts (and i don't address matrix directly because like all of them, they never respond to you when you spot the holes in their 'logic'. anyway, matrix posts, from the elder's text:

"So if an elder were to approach you and warn you in private to keep your children away from Brother X, then will you question the elder as to why? Of course not, if the elder is giving you this warning then it must be for a good reason, follow his counsel and protect your children"

this is a perfect example of what goes on in the kingdom halls. if an elder is saying something, it's not to be questioned. if the elder says something, it "must be for a good reason". it's right there in black-and-white. in their own literature they say three people have to witness the abuse before they will take action. aaaargh. more lies and back-pedaling. same ol', same ol'...

• teejay
    teejay

Damn.

What a thread.

“Matrix”, who I’d never heard of before, starts a thread that goes five pages in a matter of hours and before all’s said and done, the dude(?) is deactivated. (Noticed *that* right off.)

Hop, skipping, and jumping thru the thread... I notice that even the legendary JT came out to put in his two cents.

Hot damn!! Must’ve been some thread!!!

Sorry I missed it.

Not really.

Everyone knows that there is no “open discussion” at ANY kingdom hall.

Bye, Matrix. We hardly knew ye.

• Farkel
    Farkel

teejay,

Uh, did you miss this post from Simon?

: Ah ... "TheMatrix"

: I noticed after you registered you made a couple of posts and then kept quiet for a bit. Did ya think I didn't know who you were?

: Please tell me how ApostoSuck, CheGuevara, ErnestoW, helpothers, HenryP, MavMan, SexyTeen, Spiderman, YoyoAgain, yoyoma, YoYoMama, yoyopappa and co are

: ... and please don't tell me it's someone else using your computer!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit