Dateline discussed openly in our congregation

by TheMatrix 99 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

I see several of us picked up on that open discussion comment at the same time

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• detective
    detective

Hmmm. Wow.

Did he give you a copy of his speech, did you tape it or are you just putting in quotes something inexact to give us the jist of his speech?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

There is no doubt that there are individuals in the organization that are fair, loving, and reasonable. The same can be said for Catholic priests.

Unfortunately, it has now been proven by multiple examples, that in many cases, the Watchtower Corporation has looked out for its own interests at the expense of its members. This is unethical, immoral, and criminal.

The hideousness of the situation is compounded by the fact that they claim to represent God himself, and they have acted to silence those who are trying to help.
    A few good eggs does not make the rest of the batch less rotten.

• metatron
    metatron

Fire J.R. Brown and hire this elder for PR

He's good

metatron

• zamzummim
    zamzummim

Not good enough. Having the elders informed of a child molestor in their midst does nothing to protect the other families in the congregation.

If I'm a father and I find out that the elders knew of a child molestor and didn't inform me, I would be furious.

The whole problem with the way the JW's are trying to handle this is that child molestation isn't just a "sin". It's a deep rooted psychological problem that needs to be addressed with therapy and possibly drugs.

Having the elders trying to police child molestors just isn't going to work. Period.

• dubla
    dubla

matrix-

After reading the letter, he paused and made some comments on the accusations that are flying around against Jehovah’s Witnesses. This is what he said:
    following this quote in your post was FOUR PARAGRAPHS of recited words. are we to believe, A)that you remembered his assurances word for word, or B)that you brought a tape recorder with you and carefully copied the words down on here during a play back? in the case of "A", you have the memory of an elephant, and i am thoroughly impressed. in the case of "B" you were very smart to predict the need for a tape recorder yesterday, and i again am impressed. possibly there is a case "C", which is that you are partially quoting and mostly fabricating to show just how wonderful the elders are when it comes to child abuse matters....but dont take this as an accusation by any means. if its A or B, do tell.

aa

• moman
    moman

Matrix, what does Mr.(nice guy) elder have to say about the "dead-lambs", you know, the ones that died on the Watchtowers ALTAR OF NONCENSE?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LB:

Well Matrix it's simply amazing that you have a copy of that letter. Amazing.

My sentiments exactly.

Matrix:

After reading the letter, he paused and made some comments on the accusations that are flying around against Jehovah’s Witnesses. This is what he said:
    Truly astounding that you memorized every personal "comment" he added after reading the letter. I also took the time to look into your previous posts and comments on several topics. That said, on a personal note, I think your full of shit.

flower:

If they, and every congregation actually handle child abuse cases that way it would be wonderful but we all know how notorious the organization is for saying one thing from the platform or via magazines while practicing another behind library doors.
    I agree completely. JW double-standards are visible even from the outside onlooker. They want a householder to be open-minded enough to visit the Kingdom Hall, or be accepting enough to take and read their magazines. Yet when someone else wants a JW to take a different perspective on a matter not fully licensed by the WTBTS, it is categorized as "apostate" (even reputable programs like Dateline) and condemned to be avoided.

Nancee Park:

Some states require it and most elders comply but NOT ALL. And in those cases they most often do not turn it in. And even in those where they do turn it in, unless the guy had 2 witnesses that he molested the local elders do NOT disfellowship him even if the courts do, say by DNA evidence, but the elders didn't have two witnesses of his pedophilia. Thus some convicted pedophiles are behind bars but JWs in "good-standing."
    Absolutely true. Visit watchtowerobserver.org or a number of other sites and you will find documented cases of this very scenario occurring.

NathanNatas:

If elder H. was speaking from his heart and not simply for purposes of public consumption - and I believe he was speaking from his heart, then he sounds like a fine man with the "Christ- like" qualities that drove elder Bill Bowen to cry out in public when he learned of the silence of the lambs in his local flock.

Elder H. will probably be experiencing his own crisis of conscience sometime soon, and when he does, Matrix will be there to condemn him and cast the first stone.

Absolutely possible and in all honesty, likely. Any man in the JW organization who eventually trusts his conscience instead of "harboring private ideas" and blindly following the Organization, would in time stand up against what they felt to be wrong, and subsequently, be DF or blackballed. Our buddy Matrix here, loyal, hardcore-JW that he is, would then cast the first stone at the very brother he was admiring, because Matrix like most JW's have to protect the image of "Gods' Organization" at all costs.

<gag>

Running Man:

There is no doubt that there are individuals in the organization that are fair, loving, and reasonable. The same can be said for Catholic priests.
    I could not have said it better myself. Alas Matrix here along with most JW's would have you believe different. They have an excuse to cover their ass every time it gets into a sling.

Condemn Catholic Priests and Catholicism altogether.. not withstanding condemning all other religions as wicked because they are part of Christendom and Satan's world. Then when JW's are caught red-handed committing the SAME course of action, chalk it up to human imperfection or "apostate propoganda", but heavens no, never blame the Organization.

JW make me sick to my stomach.

• carlitos71
    carlitos71

This open discussion is just like the movie "The Matrix"- it's all one big humongous, gigantic illusion. Open your eyes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Matrix,No#1 in my life I have never seen an open discussion at a KH,neither has anyone else..No#2Fiztwater a child molester in jail with 17 counts of child abuse.Is stiil a member in good standing with WBTS because of the two witness rule..No#3WBTS has done such a shitty job cleaning up pediphiles in their orginization,a good man named Bill Bowen created the organization SILENT LAMBS to address the child abuse problem.The bottem line is,your full of shit.Thanks for the opportunity for me to give Bill Bowen of SILENT LAMBS a positive advertisement.Your not that bright are you?...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit