Dateline discussed openly in our congregation

by TheMatrix 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Matrix: Thanks for the post. I have seen open discussions when I was a JW ... mostly discussing congregation financial needs, a vote on KH remodel work, meeting times, or at times the needs of the elderly or infirm, etc.

The Elder you quote at least is making a fair and honest effort. Not all JW Elders or congregations are bad, and a number have good decent people running them as best they can under the constraints of the religion's policies.

It could be that this particular congregation has not had to deal with a pedophile in a long time, and so they have literally nothing to hide or be concerned about.

What is of interest to me is how they will handle any follow-up private questions that Elder H invited from the audience ... regarding any past handling of JW pedophiles, or the Dateline program. That may be a better test of the intentions of the Elders.

• bonovox
    bonovox

crawdad said:

>>i see right through you bonovox.... you want everyone to leave the gov body alone.......<<

Whew! Glad you got that one! Actually, leave WHO alone? I could really care less what they have to say, personally.

I have LONG gotten over the notion that the GB should be held to some standard of perfect infallibilty. You'd do well to come to the same realization.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You think it evens out?? Are you that sick that you don't know what you are saying?

There has been no admittance that there is a problem in the Borg and an official apology for the policy and there HAS BEEN NO CHANGE. One elder does not make the GB.

There is a big difference being inside on a pulpit and going out and meeting the public the way the JWs do and you know it.

Quit misleading people.

hawk

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Another one of our resident JW-apologists commits a hit-and-run.

If you look into the history of Matrix's posts, that is this person's method of operation.

Just like most JW's. When confronted with the facts, they either put the blinders on and shout APOSTATE, or avoid the confrontation altogether because they and their precious organization have been exposed.

• bonovox
    bonovox

crawdad,

You really surprise me, here I thought you might come back with some form of decent reply to some of the questions I raised, instead you chose to pick on what was obviously a sarcastic statement? Do I have to put a LOL or a :rolleyes: after something like that?

*sigh*

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Bonovox: "I have LONG gotten over the notion that the GB should be held to some standard of perfect infallibilty."

So have I. Unfortunately they have not. They claim that God himself has put his words into their mouths. Yet, they speak repeated lies and errors.

This makes them either fools or liars.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi bonovox,

so you have long gotten over the notion that the gov body should be held to some "standard of perfect infalibility"?......hmmmm, me to!!

what does that have to do with silent lambs nailing the gov body, in behalf of children that are being molested?

that was an exellent side step, change the issue, take the focus off children being molested by the POLICYS OF THE GOV BODY.......

INSTEAD YOU WANT EVERYONE TO FOCUS ON LEAVING THE GOV BODY ALONE.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I read all of the responses and want to agree with everyone of them. A first[8>]
    But because there was a mention of how this open discussion will take place...one on one, in a more private manor, I vote for Amazings remarks. I think he is right.

The Elder you quote at least is making a fair and honest effort. Not all JW Elders or congregations are bad, and a number have good decent people running them as best they can under the constraints of the religion's policies.
    It cuold be that this particular congregation has not had to deal with a pedophile in a long time, and so they have literally nothing to hide or be concerned about.

I have this mental pitcure now of civil wars breaking out among the K.H.'s around the world and the G.B. loosing thier control.(I am being sarcastic, in a way)[8>]

.........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.....................
  • bonovox
    bonovox

>>INSTEAD YOU WANT EVERYONE TO FOCUS ON LEAVING THE GOV BODY ALONE.<<

Uh, no, Im just not obsessed with them like you are. I make my own decisions and run my own life. If I ever DID go back to meetings, that much would not change. They've already done the max they can to me, so it'd just roll off my back anyways.

But dammit I wish you could read past two sentences and get to the questions I asked before and in other threads, I'll repeat them for you again:

- why isn't silentlambs completely up to date as of today's date and Bowen's most recent letter, with all correspondence and evidence as alleged in his laywers most recent rambling letter presented?

- if the true aim is to expose pedophiles, why isn't the site being used to that end, as suggested in my previous post and for which there are plenty of other precedents?

Im not trying to deconstruct silentlambs, personally I think child abuse is the most digustingly abhorrent crime on earth (its a good thing it wasnt one of my kids, cause I sure as hell wouldnt have waited on a JC, the police, nobody, let me tell you) and I would like to see a site like silentlambs become even MORE effective in truly exposing every single last one of the molesters.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Matrix,

There was a "discussion" at the meeting? What discussion? All you presented was a speech.

: So if an elder were to approach you and warn you in private to keep your children away from Brother X, then will you question the elder as to why? Of course not, if the elder is giving you this warning then it must be for a good reason, follow his counsel and protect your children.

If a law officer told me to keep my children away from someone, I sure-in-the-hell would like to know WHY, if nothing more than to know what kinds of potential problems my children would be facing. "Keep AWAY?" Does that mean 10 feet away or 2,000 miles away? Does the guy like to pull kid's ears or does he like to murder and eat little children?

In the real world local residents are all notified when a proven child molester has moved in their neighborhood and they are clearly told that person is a convicted child-molester.

But WatchtowerLand is not the real world, is it? Not even close. Even when they attempt to work like the rest of the civilized world, they will have to keep little secrets, don't they?

Your elder sounds better than most, though. I'll give him that.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit