Thank you for the support

by Erica 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

WOW Erica,

You are a beautiful person to stand up for yourself and all the other silentlambs.

I hope that your life, especially with your new baby, will be rewarding and peaceful.

Looking forward to seeing you in chat and really enjoying our little communitee here.

Hugs,
    j2bf

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Erica,

Congratulations with your baby boy!

Me hubiera gustado que mi hermana tuviera el mismo valor que tu para hablar publicamente de lo que le paso. Favor despues de comunicarte conmigo cuando tengas algo de tiempo.

Don't worry about the cross. My friends & I didn't even notice it. We were busy listening to the content of the information.

What hit it home was having had the exact experience in my family. Yet, my lil' sister hasn't been brave enough to speak the the authorities. Her father, my stepfather, was only DF.

Gracias

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Erica,

Jw's are more superstitious then most.

They are frightened of the cross. They are paranoid over toy's like the smurf. They pass immediate judgement about the character of another, on how long one's hair, or short one's skirt may be.

They may deny it, but it Oh so true.

I think you should have worn a clove of garlic...that would fix em for sure.

Good job, you kept your dignity, didn't get all weepy, and told your story straight up.

Danny

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Well done, Erica. Your courageousness will have an impact for
    years to come. I believe that going public will force the
    Watchtower to re-examine its current policy and changes will
    have to be made. The problem is not going away until they do
    something about it. Others will just keep coming forward as
    you did.

• TR
    TR

Hi Erica,

Glad you and baby are doing well! Let me know if you're ever back up in the Spokane area.

I can think of very few words that describe the courage you've shown in your ordeal.

Hey you guys, Erica is one brave woman. Look at what she's done for all victims of abuse.

YOU GO, GIRL!

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• Dawn
    Dawn

Erica:

Welcome to the forum!!

My mother (an active JW for 40+ years) watched Dateline - I asked her about her thoughts afterwards - she said she hopes you win your lawsuit, she was appalled at how you were treated! I thought you might like to know that not all JW's will mindlessly side with the society.

As for the cross - I have two comments on that subject:

(1) Anyone who makes an issue of you wearing a cross is simply trying to avoid the real issue - that is - how your case was handled by the society. It doesn't matter if you appeared with your hair dyed purple and a bone sticking out of your nose - the issue is how your case was handled, and what will be done in future molestation cases - plain and simple!!

(2) I, personally, was really happy to see you wearing it. It shows that you can separate the "society" from the REAL truth - Jesus.

Luk 9:26 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
    You definately showed support for Jesus by wearing your cross and you should be proud and comforted by this scripture!!

Keep up the good fight! We are so very proud of you!

I was molested when I was 4 and never had the courage to tell anyone - even when I was older. I admire you for standing up for what is right and in protection of other children!!

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Erica,

Oh, how inspiring you were to so many victims on Dateline. You are a courageous young lady. You and your family are so fortunate to have stayed united through this on-going trauma.

Isn't it so sad to know that your 'innocence' was and is your crime and sin against the WTS? Your Mother's appearance on Dateline had a huge impact. She wanted to go to the police, but, first you must go to the ELDERS. How many times had this been hammered into our heads?

Oh, BTW, I didn't notice your cross either. I have reviewed the Dateline program several times, and each time was going to look for the cross that you were wearing, but each time I forgot about it because of the importance of the program. I too have a beautiful cross that I wear. My hubby gave it to me for our families first Christmas.

May God continue to bless you and your family. Congratulations on being a new Mommie. I'm sure your little dude has great Grandparents.
    You have been blessed, my dear.

Tremendous love from the Carraway family in Utah. It would be a great pleasure to have you and your family visit with us anytime you are out this way. What's that saying, me casa, your casa(you got it, I'm not spanish)?

Love,

Ben, Susan, Bryce and Brittanny Carraway

• somebody
    somebody

((((((((Erica)))))))))

Thank you for your courage in aggreeing to go public with what happened to you and your family. It has helped MANY victims in MANY ways.

peace to you.

love,
    somebody/gwen

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

Erica, thank you for coming forward with your experience
    my wife who is still a jw will not be taken my kids out in service
    anymore and has open her eyes too the true nature of the
    watchtower. Im an ex jw and proud i da'd myself from there
    stupid doctrines. again I thank you and my wife thank you
    for your courage.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Welcome to the forum, Erica. I wouldn't worry yourself about the cross. Some are just using that to try and block your message and they aren't suceeding. Your powerful and emotional words reached a lot of hearts. Many are disturbed by what happened to you and that a pervert received the love and support of an entire congregation and you received none!

That act alone shows they are not "God's People," as they claim.

Enjoy that little one. Even though a lot of work, they are definitely worth having and raising. I have two daughters and think I would have severly hurt anyone who molested them as Belize did you. I now have two gradnsons, 11 months and 3 years old and enjoy them even more.

Pay no attention to the ramblings of the Watchtower apologists that seek to discredit you. They are little more that ones who would have tried to save the Titanic with duct tape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit