Thank you for the support

by Erica 82 Replies latest jw friends

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Erica,
    You should be proud of that cross. It represents what Christ did for us. He died for our sins before we were even born to commit them :)
    I agree with you about organized religion. The worst thing about churches is that they are filled with people. It is our walk with Christ that is important.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Erica

Thank you for coming here. And thank you for participating in the Dateline show. It took a lot of different emotions and strengths to take your abuser to court. it could not have been easy and I am sure there were many times you wanted to give up. I am so glad you didn't.

Your participation on Dateline helped me personally put another piece of my puzzle together. it has been 38 years since my case was swept under the rug and it has taken that long for this final piece to fall into place. Thank you for helping me find it.

Most importantly your participation in the Dateline show exposes the WT org and its treatment of victims of abuse. It exposes how the cases are mishandled and the victims blamed and the abusers set free to prey on other children. And it places a veil of secrecy on all who are in contact with the victim. Shis must stop.

Whether people stay in the Wt org or whether they leave - they need to know of this dispicable practice of placing reputations above people - children. This in my mind is one of the most un-Christ-like practices of the JWs.

Yesterday I had two JW ladies come to my door. I spoke with them about the Dateline show and let them know I knew it was true because it happened to me. They were thinking ladies and we had a wonderful discussion about the protection of the children and that these pedophiles are in the congregation saying prayers for them. They were both rightly horrified. The eyes of some in the congregation are opening. Hopefully this is a beginning of dealing with this in a proper way.

Thank you again for letting the world know about this issue.

Lee Marsh

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• think41self
    think41self

You're welcome Erica

Thank you for being brave enough to stand up and tell your story...and to insist on pursuing justice for yourself and other victims. Well done!

think41self

This side of Eden, whether we realize it or not, we feel the stain on our souls, and at every opportunity, we try to scrub it away with steel-wool guilt.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I watched the show with my Mother who is a Witness. The turning point as far as mood definitely was your appearance, manner, honesty, choice of words. We both never even noticed a cross! And she used to be a Catholic.
    You know what we thought about.
    My mother thought about us kids, her daughter (my sister) who were sexually abused. She felt for you.
    My eyes watered because I was there for you. I saw the truth in your eyes. That is such a powerful message.

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Erica, Thank You!! You are so awesome. Thank you for caring so much about others.

I would like to add that:

Even if most JWs remain in the organization then at least they were informed. I think they will all be on guard with their own children and be more careful of who they allow them to be alone with. Many, I am sure, were not aware that pedophiles could exist in the congregation.

So hopefully many children will be saved from this horrible experience.

-You can lead a fool to wisdom, but you can't make him think.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Erica,

I am glad things are going well for you. I have heard that my family watched Dateline. I am sure it had an affect on them, although I do not know to what extent yet. May God continue to bless you.

Borgfree

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." -Anna Freud

• LB
    LB

Erica in our household we are all very proud of you. My wife was in tears as you told your story. I'm a man so of course I held up.

I've often wondered about women such as yourself. I wonder if you can ever put such things behind you. I really hope so.

Oh I was raised a Catholic before becoming a dub. I never noticed the cross either. Only those with a fine tooth comb would notice a cross. You know the type. Judgemental people that will be the only ones allowed in paradise.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Erica,

Welcome!

Also I like to say: GREAT JOB!

You made a very brave stand for what is right and to make sure what happened to you and others won't happen again not only among the JWs, but in all other religions. For that, I applaud you. Hopefully, more victims will step forward like you did.

Also, congratulations on becoming a mommy. I am sure you'll be a great mother.

Congrats and Great Job!

regards,

Ajax

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Erica, I'm so glad you're here. You're a beautiful girl and your beauty and sincerity made an impact on all who watched.

I pray that your life will always be filled with joy and peace!

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

Erica,

It's good to know that all is well for you. I'm so proud of you. Having gone through so much in your life, you still stand strong. God is with you. No doubt about it.

Congratulations on the baby! He's so cute! Your parents must be ecstatic. Best of luck with your future and take care.

Al

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit