Thank you for the support

by Erica 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Erica
    Erica

I can't find the words that would express how grateful I am for all the support, not only for all of you to back me on the dateline show but for my trial as well. I don't think I would have had the courage to go through the trauma if it wasn't for all your prayers and encouragement. Dateline was a huge help for many and I know this because I have recieved quite a few calls, one from a current jdub who wants out for the safety of his 16 month old baby, I was so excited that he lifted the veil and saw it for the pure truth that it was. I had a baby, he is now 2 in a half months and he has kept me quite busy, which is why I didn't come on sooner to say thank you. As far as my cross is concerned I kind of wish I wouldn't have worn it because maybe people would have focused more on the words being spoken and not the necklace but that was the last thing on my mind at that point. I am a very spiritual person but I now hate religion, I would never want my son to be put in a situation like I was in, but , I AM NOT AN APOSTATE, I have never spoken out against God and I never will, which is what the bible says an apostate is. So that explains my cross :)
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything!!!!
    Lot of love,
    Erica

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

A very warm welcome to you, Erica.

I feel the same as you about religions. I believe it is a personal thing between God and humans. Even the bible tells us this in 1st John 2:27

Congratulations on the new baby! It won't be long before you will hear the wonderful sound of giggling. My best memories of my children.

Shari
    edited as usual for spelling

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

(((((( Erica )))))))))

I wish I could have been there to support you while at trial.

It should be many THANKING you IMO for your bravery and outspokenness!
    You are a very wonderful woman with so much to offer.

Please don't worry yourself over the cross issue, Its a ploy to make you look like an apostate. If they can take one thing and make it major to take away from the real issue they will. So please don't defend yourself over that.

Congrats on birth of your baby!!

Healing Hugs....

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Simon
    Simon

(((( Erica ! ))))

I am in awe of how strong you are for standing up for justice the way you did. You were very impressive.

Your story and the stand you have taken will help prevent many others either going through what you did or suffering in silence.

Your little one is probably keeping you busy (2 months? ... just wait till he hits the "terrible two's"! lol) so I can imagine how hard it is to do other things.

I really wish I could have made it over to give you some support when the trial and stuff was going on but you can be sure I was there in spirit.

(((( hugs again 'cause I think you're fantastic ))))

• c5
    c5

You have our support Erica!

If I fail or if I suceed, at least I'll live as I believe.~~W.Houston

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Erica, I have to admit, you are one fine mamacita.

• Matty
    Matty

Thank you so so so much for dropping a note Erica. Well, all I can say is that if someone is so dumb that they sincerely think that innocently wearing a piece of jewellery that most normal people would think absolutely nothing of, suddenly makes that person either someone not to be believed, or it makes them into some kind of antichrist, then you can clearly see how warped someone’s thinking can be when they have been indoctrinated with hatred and superciliousness. It really should make people think on whose side are they are actually on, do they with certainly belong to an organisation that actually represents God’s interests here on earth?

Your courage has inspired so many people here, and words cannot really express how much you mean to us because of all the pain that you have been through, and the bravery that you have shown. Well, speaking out in the way that you did will definitely prevent many others from experiencing the suffering that we all know is rife in the organisation that we were once proud to represent.

Love
    Matt

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Welcome Erica!
    I am so proud of you! No one could have done better. So glad you're here. Wish I could have been at the trial. A hearty WELCOME!!!

cb

• Been there
    Been there

Great Job Erica!

You need alittle break to spend time with your new little family.

And about the cross. Not to worry. Thanks to "puffs" I took alittle look at some pyrimid pictures in front of Brother TC Russells grave.
    There it was pretty as could be A CROSS in a crown, right above the words "Watchtower Bible & Tract Society". Now according to the story the pyrimid was designed and had made as a memorial to T.C. and what he believed by the "ORIGINAL" brothers. They started this whole mess of a cult. Apparently in the beginning they were "FRIENDS" with ALL RELIGIONS. T.C. & Friends, took "THE BEST" from the religions and did
    it the best. These were avid bible studiers. If they had a problem with the cross I think it would have come out in the beginning. But there it is carved in granite for all eternity or Armeggedon which ever comes first. The witnesses have lost their love for anything including people. GOD is love. I can't see him being too happy with them.

I watched the show twice and still didn't notice your cross. I'll have to go back and check it out.

Best Wishes for your future.

KY Been

• blondie
    blondie

Hi, Erica. You were so brave to stand up and refuse to be a victim. I too was a victim who stood up. What a wonderful feeling that is to know that you are not helpless and to see who your real friends are.

I can see now why JWs are having so little success in the ministry. Their carefully crafted words cannot hide the hateful thoughts behind them.

I have not been able to watch the whole video yet. Just the intro with you in it was almost too difficult. I have it taped and I will watch it soon.

Love to you, your family, and all those supporting you and all who have had this experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit