Why JW marriage is a huge problem for the organization.

by kneehighmiah 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kneehighmiah - "...JW marriage is a huge problem for the organization."

If it is, it's because JWs are - for all intents and purposes - married to the organization first...

...with any actual spouse a distant second.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It's the godamm clothes they make you wear. Especially in the 80's, man.

Men in cheap shiny brown or BLUE suits - yuk - padded shoulders and peplum skirts, don't get me started.

And the record collections. Good grief.I don't care much about looks, but music, now that's serious.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

JW marriages often don't work for one simple reason - they marry way too young, before their character has developed, we all know why.

As others have pointed out what compounds their youth is their emotional immaturity due to their somewhat sheltered life.

Finally, lack of trust. Again, we know why, the marriage is conditional on the approval of others and compliance with strictly enforced rules.

• just fine
    just fine
    I also think not many JWs are true to themselves about their likes/dislikes, they let the org determine their likes and what is attractive and then wonder why it doesn't work.
  • jesscd
    jesscd
    Diogenesister - you summed up very succinctly.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Too much pretense. Both males and females pretending to be someone they are not to please people they don't even like.

As a JW you can't truly know a perspective mate with other people always around. The other person will be in constant 'guarded' mode so as to appear spiritual to the third party.

Also, too, the indoctrination is so overwhelming, there should be a warning that the GB controls the vertical and the horizontal. Your prospect has no mind of their own.(Something that God didn't even require of that douche bag Satan)

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    ... marking, thanks. Lots of great comments here. Love the video on page 6, Apostatechick did that very well.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    What just fine said.
  • steve2
    steve2

The video on page 6 - posted by Terry - whilst aspects are funny, it is close to the money, capturing well the dilemmas within JW marriages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit