Why JW marriage is a huge problem for the organization.

by kneehighmiah 88 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The convention drama from a few years back portayed a young pioneer sister who dumped the nerdy spiritual

brother in favor of the hot bad-boy. It showed her miserable and pumping out babies within a few years.

Whereas her friend who married the nerdy spiritual brother was special pioneering with her husband and happy as a lark.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

physical attractiveness may not be the be all/end all, but it is definitely important. Most JW single women were snobby and aloof, and they were all about the religion and power, they wanted to marry the elders, the "spiritually elite". They were materialistic, and looks didn't matter as much to them as money and prestige in the organization--no wonder their marriages failed.

• Terry
    Terry

THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM with marriage is not the pitiful choice of mates so much as it is the opportunity

to date, explore, figure out personal tastes, talk freely about wants and needs--in short: SELF-EXPRESSION as an INDIVIDUAL . . .

BEFORE committing to a life of marriage.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS MARRIAGE IS AN ACT OF DESPERATION!

The Watchtower Corporation's ORGANIZATION doesn't give a shit about ORGANIZING social opportunities, programs and facilities.

The Governing Body, deep down DESPISES people--especially its own.

The GB seeks to make everybody's life a living hell with a pasted smile.

I've talked to thousands of JW's and the inside of witness men's minds there is dysfunction.

Witness men are extremely, neurotically dysfunctional. They want/don't want sex.

(Did you just say, "Don't want sex?")

Yes--in the strict, joyless straitjacket style of the Kingdom Hall cult--men DON'T WANT that kind of sex, which is resentful sex.

The same bifurcation that strikes cognitive dissonant witnesses assaults their sexual gestalt.

WHY?

The Governing Body, with it's endless list of rules, regulations, cautionary fear-mongering, and anti-feminist polices, has

made Jehovah's Witness men ambivalent about women in general and sexuality in women specifically.

THE LIMITS on what can and cannot be done pervades.

BIG BROTHER is watching!

JW men are controlling, resentful and dissatisfied with life.

HOW CAN THERE BE ANY JOY in the bedroom?

______________-

To top it all off, ELDERS PRY into every JW family's privacy and get all up into the "sick" details of intimacy.

Elders probe. They interrogate and seek to embarrass.

Moreover, you can be ratted out by your partner whose GUILT can come out of nowhere leading them to confess

to the Priestlike Elder all of your bedroom secrets!

THIS WEIGHS HEAVILY.

Religion and Sex are bitter enemies.

Jehovah's Witnesses are particularly backward in this regard.

Wives are depressed, distressed and overburdened.

Men are underachieving pantywaist factotums working their ass off for very little reward.

THE YOUNG PEOPLE SEE ALL OF THIS and silently calculate their own prospects for the future!

That's the real problem.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I went to a convention this year (incognito), just checking things out and seeing the layout of the facility for future pickets, and what amazed me is all of the single women that kept trying to talk to me. I don't ever remember this growing up, because as i said earlier they were always aloof, and even if they were interested, it was like they had to pretend they weren't. Everywhere I wandered around that facility, some single JW woman kept trying to strike up conversations with me, most were decent looking, a few were a little older than me, but they were very classy types, women I would talk to in real life, if they weren't JW. I told my brother this was just the Devil trying to work on me, he laughed, but agreed.

• Terry
  • bafh
    bafh

From a woman's perspective the choices are not that wonderful either. I am a smart, ambitious, educated woman. I own a successful business. One reason even if I was still attending I would never marry a JW man is for the most part they are dull, awkward and intimidated by capable women. If I went back now, there is no social room for a single successful business woman who is not pining for a man and who has no desire to regular pioneer. I can only imagine the level of quiet criticism I'd get for just showing up. I would attract the incompetent men who need someone to take care of them. THAT is not what I'm looking for.Lets not even get started on how the "headship" thing works with JW men. Just shoot me now.

It is no picnic for unconventional women.😄

• BU2B
    BU2B

When you get married as a JW it is not a true marriage of two people. They include Jehovah as part of a "divine threesome" as it were. The problem is that "Jehovah" really equals the GB! Since marriage mates are told during the wedding talk that they are supposed to love Jehovah *ahem* (GB) more than their own spouse and children, this explains why marriages often crumble when one party finds out TTATT.

Like my wife, many buy into the idea that if you leave the TWOOF, this severs the agreed upon "threefold cord" and therefore the marriage is doomed to failure. I dont know how the rationalize how "worldly people" sometimes have happy marriages lasting decades when all they have apparently is a lousy two fold cord. Its just another facet of the deep tree root like system of mind control..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BU2B - "When you get married as a JW it is not a true marriage of two people. They include Jehovah as part of a 'divine threesome' as it were."

Yeah, and who wants an immortal, omniscient, extra-dimensional being all up in your junk?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

They include Jehovah as part of a 'divine threesome' as it were.

Well, that's the type of threesome i'll never fantasize about.

• EdenOne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit