Why JW marriage is a huge problem for the organization.

by kneehighmiah 88 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I know a JW sister who is attractive for her age, never married, likes arts & crafts, and children. She WILL NOT marry a JW man. She won't marry a worldly man. She really fears that all JW men are wife beaters, rapists, . . . or, at a bare minimum, ego-maniac roosters who she doesn't want to submit to.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I know some female jdubs in their 20s who are great fun and quite spiritual in a non-pretentious jw way (they don't look down on others). Yet they have fallen victim to the "dowdy" dress standards encouraged by the bOrg and the obesity issue does not seem to register as a problem with them. They don't understand that their cheerful, spiritual personalities are not enough to attract a mate.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"dowdy" dress standards... obesity... They don't understand that their cheerful, spiritual personalities are not enough to attract a mate.

Andre would probably like them...

• Giordano
    Giordano

In my opinion the best mate for a JW is a 'casual' brother or sister. Better yet look for a bystander witness.....they stand around but don't get involved.

They arrive late for the meeting. They don't show up for FS very often. At assemblies they don't waste time listening to the talks they get up often and prowl. They make a statement with their grooming and cloths. They will look you in the eye and elsewhere.

If they have returned from a vacation their tan is noticeable. If you ask them how did they like visiting the local KH while on vacation they look at you like your crazy.

They work or go to school full time. They never read the publications and seldom open their bibles to follow along with the speaker.

They never say 'amen'.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"ARE YOU REALLY THAT SHALLOW?"

How is looking at appearances shallow?

It is part of the whole package. If one does not like the appearance, then what is inside won't matter. It is the same with everything else in life.

If one does not like the appearance, then the eyes will roam to find one, one does like. Satisfy that.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Rattigan350 ..........please read all my posts on this subject before you comment on my original one. Thank you.

• Scully
    Scully

Perhaps your JW "friend" should take a trip to the Philippines or Japan and meet some Sisters™ there. I understand the women are petite, attractive, and really dig Submissiveness™. /sarcasm

PS Your friend is an asshole and I wouldn't wish him on anyone, not even a dog.

• prologos
    prologos

A handsome brother, a catch like sparky1 once was, announced: he was getting married. Everybody waited in awe to see that trophy bride--------

reality, a homely, even borderline "heavy" girl

( a shotgun wedding?-- no,

she was the younger version of his loving mother.

A huge problem for wt? no,-- a huge problem for all the girls that hoped he would cast his eyes on them , he had to get hitched sooner or later right?.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Beauty is only skin deep. Ugly goes all the way to the bone.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Kneehighmia just a reminder looks is not everything. I am going to share an experience from 40+ years ago. In the circuit I attende we had some beautiful sisters and the plain everyday sisters. The beautiful sisters were very desireable to the young brothers and these sisters always had a nice looking brother at their side.n we average looking sisters were ignored for the most part. It was hard for us especially when we discovered we were desireable to non-JWs. 40 years later the beautiful sisters hav devorced usually many times. The plain girls were kinder and worked harder to please her man. I am not talking ugly just not the beautiful model types many men want. As one of the average girls I have grown over 40 years wanting to treat others withlove and kindness and have tried to live up to the fruitages of the sprirt. These are the important thing in a person and I am not talking about a super strong JW, as they often ARE NOT living up to the fruitages of the spirit. Find a loving kind woman and life will work out. Thi is the thoughts of senior citizen who has been married 48 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit