AAWA activists burst into a Kingdom Hall in Kent!

by raymond frantz 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

The description on the video says they are. Probably where the impression came from.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Embarrassing.

• 88JM
    88JM

It may seem corny, but I think the best policy is embodied in this quotation:

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD.

It's funny - I actually heard that maxim used in a public talk at one of the meetings recently. I can't remember the justification for it, but obviously it was abusurd to hear it coming from a JW!

• steve2
    steve2

Terry man you nail my thoughts exactly.Some ex-JWs seem (unintentionally?) Intent on gifting JWs a conviction-boost, playing right into the hands of what the organization teaches Witnesses to expect from apostates.

I can empathize with the strong emotions people have about the organization's loveless hypocrisy, but deplore the absence of personal control of those emotions and human dignity.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Imagine what these dumbasses could have walked in to had it been a US church with an active shooter/assault plan

Very good point! In the US they may face hate crime charges as well.

There are many ways to act legally and effectively.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

undercover - "By actually partaking in some activism against them, it defeats your own reason to live without JW influence or presence, and only strengthens their resolve through the perceived persecution that they believe is foretold in Bible prophecy."

Oh, I dunno; depends on what form the activism takes.

For example; simply participating on JWN constitutes activism, IMO.

• meridenct
    meridenct

1 of the protesters is Marc Latham. I recognized him from his videos on you tube. He produces these with his wife cora. The videos are very good actually. They where very reasonable and logical in the past. They seem to have become much more radical in aproach from what I can see in this video. Though I do not agree with their invading the kingdom hall I do recognize their pain. They post their videos under the YouTube channel marc cora

• Simon
    Simon

I understand people wanting to do things like this but can see how it becomes an obsession and focused on the pain instead of moving on. Easy to escalate things instead of letting go.

Says the man still running this site after so many years ...

• Viviane
    Viviane

Maybe I am just lazy, but the most I ever bother with JW stuff (other than posting here) is to deal with my JW ex and when they came around my door two days ago. This type of activism seems to be the work of the obsessed and desperate.

I actually got a JW to admit say evolution was true and the other one to say that maybe God didn't always exist. Maybe I'll post a thread about it. It was quite an interesting conversation.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

It is not Marc Latham in the video, those in the video have nothing to do with AAWA, the flyers are not AAWA produced flyers and storming Kingdom Halls is not part of AAWA's mission.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit