AAWA activists burst into a Kingdom Hall in Kent!

by raymond frantz 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Not a wise way to "raise public awareness"!

Very immature...

I know we have all been pushed around by the org, but this will only give them proof of "the bitterness of apostates"....

Shame

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Unbelievable.

In these situations it simply feeds the ever growing and strengthening narrative that things will be "progressing from bad to worse". They accomplished nothing, and probably hurt their cause by aggitating and then putting it up there.

To really accomplish something, people should know that this frontal assault simply doesn't work. It has to be education, and kind awareness.

I remember seeing people yell things. THAT is not what led to my awakening. in fact, it may have delayed it.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Terry basically nailed it.

• prologos
    prologos

Comparing the well tailored scurity detail with the intruder, shows dissenters in a bad light, by visual comparison alone. I remember once a very vocal protester in front of Columbia Heights.

ex-jws are not like Green Peace against whalers.

a defeat for the cause, by the looks of things, except to show that there IS dissent.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think this is a good idea for several reasons.

Direct confrontations don't convince JWs as they are conditioned to dismiss it and it feeds into the steryotype of an opposer as many have already said.

In this case it's unclear who it's targetted toward - there was only a handful of people at the hall. Was that really the intended 'audience'? What was the message supposed to be? If you do it when the hall is fuller then there are likely to be kids present and scaring them or some old sister is not an achievement.

If it's to draw attention to a cause then what is it? What is the thing being objected to? Was that individual hall and the people in it guilty of something specifically? If you are going to be an activist go do it at the HQ and make sure the press are ready to report it.

Finally, where does it end? What's the next plan? Start a fight?

If you are going to confront people you need to make sure that you are not aggressive or threatening in any way and don't put yourself in the wrong legally. The KH is private property and if you are asked to leave and don't you could be trespassing / causing a nuisance. If that is reported in the press then you have boosted their media profile by getting a mention and looking like victims.

I can appreciate why people want to do things like that. I'm sure most of us have imagined what it would be like to do something or other but it has to be more thought out IMO and is unlikely to be ever worth the risks.

• the girl next door
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Super childish and disrespectful. The only way to truly triumph over the evil of the cult is to be better than them. Epic fail.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Not the best approach, but we have to remember how it felt when we left, sometimes this may seem like a good idea for no other reason than self healing and misguided urge to shout what we now know, to non violently and legally retaliate.

Don't misunderstand me, it would not be a method I would use, but let's not be so judgmental, there is no right or wrong here, just opinion.

I must add that a friend of my family that I highly respected as a JW, spoke from the platform about his true views, I was told he spoke as an apostate in a meeting, I can't lie, that contributed to the many reasons that led me to one day leave. Seeing people outiside the assembly hall, people without horns or demonic eyes (mostly) helped re-humanise apostates for me.

So it isn't all bad, but not the best methods used.

• watson
    watson

Not gonna watch it...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am not going to watch it.

With all the lawsuits coming, I believe it's better to just inform non-JWS. We need to keep spreading TTATT. It may take longer or seem ineffective, but it's not.

Imagine the child abuse cases being well known by householders everywhere. Or, every time a passerby sees a literature cart they think," Oh, there's the Pedo-protectors." When doors open in failed-serve-us, only to reveal an INFORMED householder, the JWS are going to awaken. It's been 100 years since 1914! As time continues to pass the tide will turn. Also, the oldsters are dying off left and right. There is going to be a cumulative effect.

We don't need "activism" that reinforces the persecution complex needlessly.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit