AAWA activists burst into a Kingdom Hall in Kent!

by raymond frantz 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Jesus didn't go "undercover" to point out the hypocrisy and injustices of the Temple Scribes and Pharisees of His day, did He? Didn't he actually go and turn tables up on them? That would have been very bold and forward at that time I would think. He wasn't all covert. Why then, should all of us be hiding under a rock? If this guy wants to up and enter a Kingdom Hall and turn tables on these Neo-Pharisees, I say let him do it. Maybe a few will think, "Gee.....if this guy has nothing of merit to say and it isn't true, why are the Elders trying to shut him up?"

- Wing Commander

• rebel8
    rebel8

Like you say, it's their choice. But let's not labor under the delusion that acting out angrily and illegally is a tool to help current jws wake up. It does the opposite.

It's designed for them to vent their anger, period. I can't even call this activism because it's designed to worsen the issue they claim to be fighting against. I just call it revenge.

Should they wish to help current jws, they could have modified the approach slightly and perhaps had an actual positive impact.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

"Invading" a Kingdom Hall is utterly stupid. Would you accept that someone who disagrees with your diet would force their way into your house and try to contact the members of your family to tell them how terrible and dangerous your diet is? Wouldn't you call the police?

Way to go to feed into the persecution complex of the Witnesses and the "mentally diseased" apostates mindframe.

For crying out loud, what a bunch of morons!

Eden

• jws
    jws

As a JW, who is going to be caught reading this stuff? Anybody who got a piece of paper knows they had better crumple it up and get rid of it. People are watching what they do with them.

Info on JW pedophiles? I don't know that the average JW cares unless they research the cases. Which they probably won't do. You tell an average JW that there's pedophiles in the org. They will blame those individuals, not the org. And consider them in the same category as smokers, fornicators, drug users, etc. Those that broke the JW rules. The individual and not the org. It takes facts and a nuanced approach to explain why the system is the cause. Not something a pamplet will show them.

I remember 2 apostate encounters at district conventions and my reaction. One was picketers. I was angry with them. Almost wanting them to get physical so I could get physical back. The other was when they put pamphlets that looked like Watchtowers on car windshields. That intrigued me as to what they had to say.

Pamphlets can be good but the tactics of storming their KH wouldn't make me want to listen to them It'd be more like my reaction to the protestors. Why not put them on windshields? Or on warm days when the windows are cracked, slide them in. That way no upstanding JW can go around and remove it.

Watched Cedar's criticism. For once he has some things right. But then he kept talking and I thought he was just an attention whore again. With a few Fruedian slips. Like wanting things more than revenge and retribution. So those things ARE on his list. Idiot.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Not AAWA flyers, not AAWA volunteers, not AAWA's mission.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I have been informed from AAWA members and John Cedars himself that these men have nothing to do with AAWA and use the flyers at their discretion.Of course that begs the question :Can people use the flyers they download off AAWA's website for activism or do they need previous permission? And if the answer is no, then what are they for in the first place ?

For that reason I have changed the title of the post to reflect the truth but at the same time I feel that AAWA should get their act together .The need to decide if they are a top down organisation (so ,they need previous permission for use of material of their website)or the flyers they produce are for general use .Your thoughts...

• 88JM
    88JM
    Jesus didn't go "undercover" to point out the hypocrisy and injustices of the Temple Scribes and Pharisees of His day, did He? Didn't he actually go and turn tables up on them?

As I recall, it didn't work very well for Jesus either, as he had to go do it on two occasions. Maybe he gave them a persecution complex as well, so they just went right back to it.

I presume he did it out of principle and being moved to do so emotionally, rather than the misguided belief that his actions would actually stop people doing what they were doing.

• Simon
    Simon

If you are giving material away for direct download then the intent would be to use them.

Ideally they would only be available to members to use and the group would have CLEAR RULES AND POLICIES on how their members are to act and behave.

It's a little too easy to promote 'action' and then claim you have no connection with it when it get's criticised. We've seen that policy from them before.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I dont agree with their tactics. However to stand silently at the gate with a couple signs with a thoughtul message on it, along with JWfacts may do much more good and much less harm.

• DJS
    DJS

What does a make believe character from 2000 years ago have to do with anything. Watching this is painful; these guys are idiots and a disgrace. It's bad enough that ONE of them was stupid enough to do this. He obviously had a camera man with him, which simply means there are two dumbasses. Bell curve. Some will find it acceptable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit