Officer Wilson not indicted in killing of Michael Brown

by Simon 551 Replies latest social current

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Lisa: you refered to a book that you say refers to studies. I was asking for references to those studies.

I gave you all you need to look them up. pretty easy to find. Very well known.

Becase different groups are always going to have different strengths and weaknesses. Asians are good at math but don't seem to drive very well.

I pretty much just rest my case right there.

• Simon
    Simon

I gave you all you need to look them up. pretty easy to find. Very well known.

You refered to a book that mentions them. You expect me to go buy and read the book to find them?

What am I to make of your refusal to cite your sources after multiple requests? It's easier to post the reference than keep posting excuses why you don't think you should or can't be bothered to.

Did you bother to read them yourself or did you just read the book and accept the snippets it quoted? Did you even read the book or did you get it from a blog?

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

No, that is completely wrong and misleading.

Refer to the post I made about what is and isn't acceptable if you want to discuss that case. When things have been determined by the coourt then you don't get to try and create an alternate reality to suit your own world outlook.

This is completely wrong, and fortunately, multiple people saw the posts before you deleted them.

I quoted multiple things from the officer's own testimony, and from police testimony, etc. to show why people in the area did not think it was fair, edit, or to show why people felt deadly force was not warranted. You deleted the entire post(s) and then misrepresented the post(s) to make it look like I said that people involved were racist, which was not stated once or even came close to being implied.

As stated, put the posts back (you should be able to hit "back" enough times to copy/paste and reverse the process with most forum software), highlight what you think "re-interpreted the case" according to your own rules/post, and I will source every single thing you say offends that policy.

• Simon
    Simon

I pretty much just rest my case right there.

Lisa - you never have a 'case'. You just have ramblings loosely connected segments of incoherence.

So you genuinely believe that different ethnicities should be 100% equal in everything? That there is no predisposition to excel at certain things and be less suited for others?

Which world do you live in?

• Simon
    Simon

I quoted multiple things from the officer's own testimony, and from police testimony to show why people in the area did not think it was fair. You deleted the entire post(s) and then misrepresented the post(s) to make it look like I said that people involved were racist, which was not stated once or even came close to being implied.

No, I did not. I removed the fan-fiction part of your post.

You are trying to "prove" that the officer was the instigator / aggressor and killed MB unfairly. I think that has been debunked now by the justice system.

You can complain about it but you don't get to spread the nonsense claims on this site.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I thought the protesting and rioting was supposed to be about something. I admit, the "hands up don't shoot" message has been thoroughly debunked so I can't be the only one who doesn't know what it's really supposed to be about anymore.

-------

The whole protest is losing steam as a result of the lies that were told to begin the whole thing - there were no 'hands up' and now apparently the spin is that it's becoming a 'symbol' of what is wrong with the whole system. It doesn't help when you watch nothing but looting, assaults, burning and destruction in the name of what? Justice? For who and why and for what? Brown robbed a store. Brown assaulted a store employee. Brown punched a cop in the face. Brown tried to take a gun. Brown kept up the assault until the cop defended himself. Now - if you were talking justice for all the people against police brutality - I absolutely understand. If you are talking profiling - I understand - but profiling takes place every day in all communities and include gender, sexuality and economics as well. If you want to change what is not right - you should want to change it for all people. If you complain about not enough cops of various races being part of the system - then apply to be one, become an activist in your own community to get people motivated to become one - but don't complain and do nothing but complain and still demand changes.

The Seattle protests have done it for a lot of people - ditto the LA protests. When protesters go to a mall where little kids are excited about seeing Santa and you terrify them so much with your altercations with the police they are crying - there's a problem. When a group of young choir singers can't go and do some cheering for the public because you are screaming at them and around them - terrifying them, you have a problem. The problem is that people are no longer looking at the issue you are claiming to represent - they are looking at you with contempt for the actions they see. The guy in LA who got out of his car and moved the protester from the road - he had a job to go to and 6 kids to feed he pointed out - you block his route and he loses pay, you make him part of the system you are railing against and that makes every protester a supporter of the same system they purport to want to change.

------------

WATCH: Commuters Confront Ferguson Protesters Blocking Roads in California

by Andrew Desiderio | 5:02 pm, November 26th, 2014 VIDEO

Americans nationwide are protesting the grand jury decision to not indict Ferguson police officerDarren Wilson for the shooting death of Michael Brown. During the morning rush hour on Wednesday, some University of California — San Diego students blocked a major freeway in La Jolla, Calif., a move that angered many commuters who were trying to get to work. One man went as far as physically pushing a protester out of the way and taking the bullhorn he was using.

Tyree Landrum, one of those commuters who was on his way to work at a local Ross store, expressed his anger to ABC10: ”I got to go to Ross right now, homie. If I don’t get there, I’m going to get fired. I’ve got six f*cking kids to feed, homie … m*therf*ckers get shot every f*cking day. Deal with it the right way, not like this.”

Landrum got out of his car and pushed a protester, who was shouting through a bullhorn, “no justice, no peace,” to the side of the road, and took the bullhorn from him.

“Hey, I feel you; we ain’t got no justice either,” Landrum said. “I’m about to lose my job, and you guys are out here protesting?”

Another commuter said the protesters “don’t really know anything about the real issue,” and are “complaining about something that could be dealt differently.” One woman, a nurse, shouted, “arrest them!”

The drivers rejoiced when the police showed up, and one man yelled, ”you’re spending the night in jail! That’s right, you’re spending the night in jail tonight!”

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Simon, I have lost the last shred of respect that I had for you.

So you genuinely believe that different ethnicities should be 100% equal in everything? That there is no predisposition to excel at certain things and be less suited for others?

I live in a world where qualities like intellengence, driving ablity, and math aptitude are not in any way determinded by the color of a person's skin.

It is called THE REAL WORLD. The one based on science.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

t is called THE REAL WORLD. The one based on science.

--

What if science proved you wrong? Do you get to cherry pick which science or scientist you decide to agree with because it is rooted in your own personal idealogy? The real world including science is filled with differences - including the scientific community who have reported on genetic differences many times, even when it hasn't been popular to do so. sw

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio
    You are trying to "prove" that the officer killed MB unfairly. I think that has been debunked now by the justice system.

No I did not. I posted a) facts from the case to show why many, including many lawyers and prosecuters, are let down by how the justice system handled this case, and b) facts from the case that show the gradual escalation and alternate options, which make people believe that deadly force should not have been used. You literally took the facts out of the post, to make it look like my claims were not supported by anything, and are now retelling the narrative.

I'm hoping this was just a case of mis-comprehending what was said as opposed to deliberate censure.

Also, Asians as a whole are not better at math nor do they drive worse, the former is a debunked stereotype, and the latter is an unsourced stereotype. That's what turned Lisa off from your responses - you're repeating racial stereotypes as statements of fact.

• Simon
    Simon

I live in a world where qualities like intellengence, driving ablity, and math aptitude are not in any way determinded by the color of a person's skin.

It is called THE REAL WORLD. The one based on science.

Who said they are based on the color of a persons skin?

Different ethnicities place different values on things and tend to do better at the things that their culture values.

Skin color does not dictate what someone can or can't do but it likely to be an indicator of the culture they are from which can make them predisposed toward certain endeavours.

You were the one saying black kids believed asian kids are smarter. Isn't it about time that they looked at how much their culture values education and less about skin color?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit