Officer Wilson not indicted in killing of Michael Brown

by Simon 551 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

After a thorough investigation and weighing of the evidence the grand jury has decided not to indict the officer.

The reaction so far seems as predicted - people refuse to accept that the result represents justice despite claims that is what they wanted.

There is now violence and vandalism, including gunshots. Let's hope the police contain the troublemakers.

• Simon
    Simon

I made it quite clear the type of language that would not be tollerated (Michael Brown verdict discussion policy). Posts that violate this policy will be removed.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Hands Up, Don't Shoot has been exposed for the farse that it was! The thugs are now looting the store where Michael Brown committed the strong armed robbery.

• Simon
    Simon

And now the looting has begun. Sad to see the predictable images on TV - a gang of people running away with arms full of goods.

People robbing and setting fire to stores. How is that 'respecting' anyone or anything?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Please try to be objective and respectful

Simon I thought I was being objective and respectful.

I'm just voicing my personal opinion on the matter, open to criticism or debate ???

Where did I break away from your established guidelines ?

Respectfully Finkle

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

There was definitely not enough evidence to convict Officer Wilson. That said, it's very unusual for a grand jury not to indict, and even more unusual for a prosecutor to act like he doesn't mind that an indictment was not returned. The whole indictment process was probably a charade, and if not for the public scrutiny the prosecutor' office probably wouldn't have brought these charges.

The civil rights lawsuit is surely next, and I would be surprised if the family doesn't get a sizeable settlement.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

My summary of what is going on at the Ferguson event:

-- I see ignorant people acting like ignorant people. That's about it.

My recommendation for those displeased by the Ferguson grand jury:

-- Register to vote and then use your registration.

Between voting opportunities I recommend focusing on education and productive work, whether it be for profit or charity.

Now we return to the regularly expected mayhem of ignorant people engaged in nonproductive drama. Right now it appears they're burning and robbing their own neighborhood. I guess we know now why the governer called up the guard.

• Simon
    Simon

Simon I thought I was being objective and respectful.

Where did I break away from your established guidelines ?

Using language such as "executed in the street" is not being objective. He was lawfully killed by the officer.

• Simon
    Simon

There was definitely not enough evidence to convict Officer Wilson. That said, it's very unusual for a grand jury not to indict, and even more unusual for a prosecutor to act like he doesn't mind that an indictment was not returned. The whole indictment process was probably a charade, and if not for the public scrutiny the prosecutor' office probably wouldn't have brought these charges.

I was not the normal process but that was more todo with the demands and accusations. Without them there's no reason to imagine that the normal process wouldn't have been followed. What has happened is to make sure there can be no accusations of inpropriety (although they will probably be made anyway).

The civil rights lawsuit is surely next, and I would be surprised if the family doesn't get a sizeable settlement.

I think the civil rights lawsuit will fail because there is clearly no evidence of any racial motivation for the incident so it will be a whole waste of time and money like the last "civil rights trial of the century" that was promised but then quietly closed with 'nothing untoward found'.

MB was a fellon who instigated the incidenct - there is no reason for a settlement to be given to them.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

That's interesting......I didn't know big black thugs had the civil right that once they have been ID'd in a strong armed robbery to attack and beat on a police officer and attempt to take their gun away from them.

The POTUS, the AD, the Govenor, the FBI and Ferguson law enforcement all were involved in this and Officer Wilson still wasn't indicted. The Brown family will get nothing in a civil lawsuit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit