Governing Body Member Gerrit Loesch Must Eventually Take The Witness Stand In Child Molestation Lawsuits

by frankiespeakin 142 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

So he does not as an individual have authority to make or determine policies of the WTS.Is he implying that the entire GB should be deposed? Or is that just an escape route?

The GB as individuals do not answer to the WTS, are not employees or members of WTS,yet they as a group make policies for this corporation Are they just unconnected outsiders invited by the WTS to make policies for them?

They must think people are stupid.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Sarita J,

The GB members are just independent contractors.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As Mr Zalkin mentioned, the GB think they're above the law. I hope this will be their ultimate undoing.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Dumb non-attorney question: Can Losch be prosecuted for perjury for saying he never worked for the Service department, when of course clearly he did, and does?

Is this statement made "under oath"?

My dumb non-attorney answer:

He affirmed under penalty of perjury under the CA laws that his declaration was true and correct.

Would they prosecute him individually for perjury? Not worth it, I'm guessing. The referees/judges deemed that the objections to Lösch's appearing for deposition had no real merit. He was court ordered to comply along with WTSNY. They didn't and were slapped with a hefty multi-million dollar penalty.

Well...Losch didn't really lie....or maybe...just a little bit.

He said that he didn't work for the US Service Department. It is a side-step. He is probably claiming that he was still in Austria when he was connected to the service department - not in the US. It is a weasel tactic.

What I don't get is this - he claims that the GB's capacity only covers 'spiritual oversight' of the JWs.

Then how come the GB gives out medical advice? How is medical advice and 'scientific' opinion considered 'spiritual'?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have never heard so much B/S in all my life. As we all knew they would of fried his arse if he gave testimony or handed over documents.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Well...Losch didn't really lie....or maybe...just a little bit.

He said that he didn't work for the US Service Department. It is a side-step. He is probably claiming that he was still in Austria when he was connected to the service department - not in the US. It is a weasel tactic.

No, he wasn't claiming he was still in Austria when connected to the Service Department. Have a look at THIS POST.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So let's think this through. According to Gerrits sworn testimony, GOD's organization being lead by Christ Jesus, does not have authority over him. Am I missing something? I thought JEHOVAH controlled the Org through Jesus and JESUS used the HS to direct the GB. THAT would mean that the GB are under the authority of Jesus because Jesus runs the Organization.

If a rank and file says that they are not under the authority of the Organization, how would the local BOE interpret that?

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

AnnOMaly: The Service Committee supervises the Service Department.

It would be interesting to know the exact relationship is, according to the WTBTS, between the SERVICE COMMITTE and the SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

That being said, Lösch 's declaration (drafted by an attorney at WT legal no doubt) is designed to obfuscate and avoid responsibility.

He admits to being in the GB, the "highest ecclesiastical authority for the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses," but denies any responsibility because, "Hey, it's not my job man!"

What douche. That's it: Gerrit Douche!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

All that being said, why did Zalkin only subpeona Gerrit Douche? Why not the president of the WTBTS of NY, Leon Weaver Jr.? Or the president of the WTBTS of Pennsylvania, Don Adams?

It'd be nice to get any of these guys on the stand and nail them down as to WHO exactly determines WT policies and practices.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe he will be sentenced to listen to his own talks!! Is that cruel and unusual punishment??

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit