ALERT: NEW LAWSUIT settlement - $13 MILLION

by Watchtower-Free 300 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Has anyone contacted CNN? Seems like this is an onion they would like to peel.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Here's the link to the Jose Lopez Court Documents on my website:

http://watchtowerdocuments.org/zalkin-lopez-trial-court-documents/

Here's the link to the news release article:

http://watchtowerdocuments.org/zalkin-press-release-13-5m-default-judgment-against-watchtower/

Barbara

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

It most definately IS a huge win and hopefully only the beginning of Watchtower's "pangs of distress"

• breakfast of champions
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

If they got stung for 13.5mill for an open hearing it would be interesting to know what they paid out of court.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Thanks for posting the documents. It seems that the WTS really pissed the judge off by willfully refusing to comply with discovery orders. However, it is extremely rare for default judgments to stand, as there is a strong preference for cases to be decided on the merits whenever possible. In fact, it doesn't appear that Zalkin was able to cite a single case in his brief where a CA court allowed sanctions in the form of a default judgment on the entire underlying case to permanently stand when challenged.

But I would think that if the WTS is successful in having the default vacated, they will be required to comply with the discovery orders as a condition of vacating the judgment. Unless, of course, they are able to succeed in appealing both the default judgment and the discovery rulings simultaneously. It will be interesting to see what they do if put to the choice of having to turn over all those documents and produce Loesch for a deposition or get the default judgment tossed.

An interesting snippet from the deposition of Mario Moreno (WTS attorney)

Q: Have you ever attended these [Governing Body] meetings?
    A: I have

Q: And in what capacity?

A: As a lawyer

Q: And have you attended those meetings for purposes of providing legal counsel?
    A: Yes

Truly in the model of first century Christianity... just as the 12 apostles were always lawyered up when they met.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Watchtower gona start liquidating lots of property in the next few years to pay all these lawsuits that they have comming upon them. I'm sure Gerrit Loesch is probably shitting in his pants over this as well as the whole GB team. Withholding information to the courts shows they got something to hide and many more lawsuits of this nature are forth comming. Bye bye watchtower!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't have time to read documents. It was a default judgment. Unbelievable. $13 million award in a default case. It will be interesting to see what CA appeals courts do. This is sheer madness.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Attorney/s present at GBmeetings for the purpose of giving legal council??????? Isn't JEhOvah supposed to be smarter than any human? I guess the Holy Spirit didn't go to law school.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Welcome to the discussion BOTR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit