ALERT: NEW LAWSUIT settlement - $13 MILLION

by Watchtower-Free 300 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Thanks Barbara. I knew there had to be more to this case than the judge just up and ordered the WTS to pay without them having a chance to defend themselves.

When I read this bit:

and rehashed the same arguments over and over, even after they had been rejected

I thought to myself "yup, that sounds about right"

• sir82
    sir82

Coverage of the Zalkin press conference:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/oct/31/jehovahs-witness-sex-abuse-judgment-lopez/

Seems like this might start to spread.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I wonder if they were shitting their pants with the prospect of Loesch getting deposed for hours on end. Dude would have been absolutely raked over the coals and a mountain of 'apostate material' would have come out of it.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

This is why you don't piss off a California Judge. They are God in their courtroom.

" The Watchtower was not allowed to put on a defense during the six-day trial, because the judge ruled the governing body had repeatedly ignored her court orders to produce documents in the case, and had failed to produce the longest serving member of the organization for a deposition. "

• LV101
    LV101

I sure hope judges read this site for an eye opener. We should give the wonderful lawyers who represent the abused vics info to come here.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE the abuse and molestation of children by the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society!

The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is all about giving a witness.

So I type into my google search engine "Jehovah's Witnesses" and what pops up on the 1st page 4th article down:

'Jehovah's Witnesses ordered to pay $13.5 million to alleged victim'.

Now if that's not giving a good witness to the TTTATT I don't know what is!!!

And sooner or later active JWs who number into the hundreds of thounsands in the greater L.A. Basin area, Ventura County, Riverside County, Orange County and San Diego County will stumble across this 'Breaking News' and that my friends is what I call... a Good Witness!!!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This court ruling is great it killed the Orginization idea that they could get away with not producing documents and not cooperating with the court. This did not work and will not in the future, this should open a flood gate of new court cases because now the attorney's will be confident that all their hard work will not be in vain. Awesome!!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I agree with Lost Generation who said that the documents WTBT$ were asked to produce would be damning. The Sheparding the flock book and the general letters to the BOE discussing WT procedure in child sex abuse cases (which have been posted for us on this site) make WBT$ look bad enough. Can you imagine what a sh$!storm the specific directives in these cases would cause? Wowza! Thanks Barbara!

• NotNew
    NotNew

Thanks Barbara.

SW

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Watchtower issued this statement:

"Jehovah's Witnesses will appeal the decision of a California judge in a case involving an alleged act of child abuse.

The trial court judge rendered a multimillion-dollar damage award to a man who claims that he was molested once in 1986 by one of Jehovah's Witnesses who held no position of responsibility in the congregation. The trial court judge awarded $3 million in compensatory damages against Watchtower and added $10.5 million in punitive damages following a hearing at which Watchtower was barred from participating. Watchtower believes the appellate court will ultimately agree that the trial court abused its discretion by terminating its right to defend itself in this case."

I really hate this religion!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit