ALERT: NEW LAWSUIT settlement - $13 MILLION

by Watchtower-Free 300 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The WTS's "PMQ" (Person Most Qualified) claimed it would take manhours equivalent to 20 years to search out the requested documents.

This is a case where WTS is used to bullshitting its way around when working with dumbass JWs. However they are not accustomed to dealing with highly qualified experts. Go read the qualifications of the Expert called in by the defense attorney. (Pg 22 of the docs in the link noted above) It takes almost two pages, double-spaced, legal size to note his qualifications. He calls bullshit on the WTS witness (who is not even an IT expert).

Take notice WTS: YOU ARE UP AGAINST EDUCATED PROFESSIONALS.

We here realize you are not accumstomed to dealing with educated people, but the Judge, Defense Atty, and anyone involved won't give a shit about your pejorative view of higher education. They're going to stomp your ass for this stonewalling of the Court. I'm glad you're not going to be paying the award with my money.

Doc

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Chaserious,

thank you for your posts!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This battle reminds me of President Richard Nixon wriggling and thrashing trying to avoid full disclosure of the evidence relating to the Watergate scandal. What did he know? What had he said? What was on those secretly recorded tapes? Despite his best efforts he failed and had to resign in ignominy.

It feels to me like the same clouds are gathering. There is an inevitability about huge disclosures and damning information being revealed The problem is that the constituency that is loyal to these bozos are just immune to any thing that comes out. What will it take to knock this corrupt bunch down and keep them down?

It really feels like things are erupting into some sort of conclusion though. On one side the JW.Org/FDS/GB revolution and on the other the growing phalanx of victims and their lawyers who just won't shut up and won't go away?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

On one side the JW.Org/FDS/GB revolution and on the other the growing phalanx of victims and their lawyers who just won't shut up and won't go away?

An excellent candidate for the "new" Gog of Magog!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BOC: An excellent candidate for the "new" Gog of Magog!

A prophet is among us!!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Just googled 'Jehovah's Witnesses' and this $13.5 million child molestation judgement against WTBTS is 2nd article on first page.

Having to pay out $13.5 million is one thing. The bad publicity that comes on the heels this million dollar judgement will cost the WTBTS even more millions not to mention the vast amount of man hours in damage control that will be required.

• wolfman85
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just in case not posted yet:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video/#!/home/top-videos/AllegedAbuseVictimSpeaksAboutBibleTeacherPerpetrator/281151262

Looks like Zalkin will be getting those records and a GB on the stand as he has 20 cases against the WT and perhaps many more from all the noteriety he is recieving. He found their weak spot and he ain't gonna stop hammering away at it any time soon.

• lisaBObeesa
  • flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

I would like to express my thanks to Barbara for making the court documents available. I was interested to read them and before I found this thread I tried to get them from the San Diego court website. It was a pain but I finally found how to do it, but then I couldn't figure out which ones would be best to give attention to. So I added several to my shopping cart that sounded like they might be of interest and found that my bill would have already amounted to over $150 to read just those few.

Then I found Barbara's links. And now I have them all to read. We should recognize how vaulable this information is for those who want to confirm the facts of the matter and not just get soundbites from news reports.

I for one am changing my opinion in a radical way. I have previously rationalized some of the mistakes made by the org, and the elders at a local level, but so far just on reading two of the court documents I feel completely different about what is going on.

I can now see that the determination to protect an organization has completely trumped any basic human decency, never mind about genuine Christian morality.

Whilst I recognize that this is still a moral minefield I do feel the need to recant some of the apologetic things I posted on other websites in the past.

I was wrong. And I am sorry. I wish I could find some of those old threads to post personal apologies, but I can't so I'll just offload here for now.

FG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit