Will JW.ORG actually harm the WT Society Long Term ?

by flipper 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

One of the new Posters who joined a day or two ago said she got here by accident, may many more poor benighted JW's have such a happy accident !

I think they have gone for re-branding out of necessity, and you can't re-brand these days if you ain't on the Net can you ?

Ultimately it will do them more harm than good, but the boys who pull the strings, and the G.B themselves, only have to keep the Scam going for a few more years as far as they themselves are concerned.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Vidiot, I hope it is their mid-life crisis, as that would set their limit of existence more-or-less. I also agree that it makes someone look stupid to reinvent their image. Watchtower trying to look hip/cool works for the hardcore ones. I saw a woman in her 80's just loving how she used her tablet for songs and scriptures. But I don't imagine the same enthusiasm among the under-50 and certainly the under-35 members.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

I think that since the Jehovah's Witnesses have repeated the bs mantra that their Bible Studies are the best education you can get, and that they are discouraging schoolchildren from preparing for college that they need to put their money where thier mouth is. I think they are secretly preparing to branch out into accredited online education in order to stem the tide of neglected disfellowshipped young people. They have painted themselves into a corner on education and are on their way to becoming like the Old Order Amish and the Boboshanti Rastafarians where young people go astray as gangsters to earn their fortune and then 'go legit' with enough ill gotten gains to raise a family.

• clarity
    clarity

Flipper.... hi,

Ahhh a good morning to all.....at the very

least I smell a new song book to make everything

all fit together once again...... how the heck are

they going to sing "WE'RE Jehova sss...wit..nes..sess"

when that gets dropped! Have to start thinkin up

how to rhyme ....JW.ORG with something?????hmmm

hahah

Will it harm them ....if it does, the R&F will be oblivious!

As long as they have their social club with the instant "friends"

that is all that matters!

Many of the older generation will stay even if they see thru it,

after all at their age .....what else is there???? (I say this with

a bit of tongue in cheek!) :-)

There will be a stronger undercurrent of wide awake

exjw's who will advocate & expose watchtower for the

damaging cult that it is .... and take measures for change!

clarity

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

now WT leaders are doing a complete turn around or about face probably so as to " compete " or keep up with all the anti-JW websites that are out there to give the WT Society point of view.

That's exactly what it is- damage control. Even they understand that we live in the information and technology age, and that they can't shelter their members from it forever. The majority of JWs, at least in developed countries, already have access to the internet, despite the WT's warnings about it. All they can hope to do is counter the information that's out there with their own propaganda.

• All for show
    All for show

Phizzy: I stumbled here by accident during the jw.org frenzy. I saw and clicked on an image in google search and it brought me to this forum, I would have NEVER found. I was unhappy, but wouldn't read 'apostate' stuff. Something, some thread caught my eye, then my mind was blown.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

In the short term not good, long term I think they will recover. Look how many left after '75 then the growth during the 80's, I joined the "high control group" in 1986, I was 20, 1975 meant nothing to me and at that age seemed so long ago LOL!

It will just make the cult more normal to those who desire to fit in and be a part of a bigger picture. I think they will eventually have to lighten up on higher education though.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All for show - "I saw and clicked on an image in google search and it brought me to this forum..."

Was it, by any chance, this image:

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Flipper!..

I`ve got bad news for you old friend..

JW.ORG is a Huge Success..

The WBT$ Rebranding from Watchtower to JW.Org was a brilliant move..

The JW.ORG Advertising/Marketing "paid off" Big Time..

JW`s play Dress Up at Assemblies..(Traditional Dress for your country/your part of the country..)

Entrances for WBT$ Delegates look like Oscar Night in HollyWood..

Theres Partys and Dancing at Kingdom Halls,there are WBT$ sponsored Choirs and Bands..

What is/was considered worldly music is played right from the KH Stage..

There are WBT$ sponsored Choirs and Bands..

Theres JW.ORG merchandise..Hats,Tshirts,Key Chains,Necklaces,Umbrellas,ect..ect..ect..

It`s off the Chain!!..

It`s not the same religion you and I grew up in....."We`re not in Kansas anymore Toto!!"..LOL!!

JW`s are eating it up..

Anyone who was on the fence,hopped off to join the WBT$ Party..

JW.ORG is a Success..It gave the WBT$ a New Life..

The only JWs leaving the WBT$, will be the JWs who see the WBT$ for what it is..

Most of the JWs are Friggin Happy with all the New Changes..I mean REALLY HAPPY!!..

THEY`RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE..

..................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• suavojr
    suavojr

And adding to outlaw's comment...

The current JW's are lazier than ever when it comes to deep study, they just sing kumbaya ALL THE WAY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit