Will JW.ORG actually harm the WT Society Long Term ?

by flipper 80 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Interesting thoughts Outlaw but it's a pretty big step to go from managing your own telecoms infrastructure to support the needs of the HQ facilities in the NE US to providing ISP services to Witnesses across the world. Not impossible but I am not sure that it will go that far.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

OUTLAW says....'The WBT$ Intends on Becoming an Internet Provider..'

It damn well better be for free!

Free or not, I'll stick with my current ISP. At least with my current provider I can roam as I please without having 'Mother' monitoring and or limiting what I can access and view online.

So....no thank you WT!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I wonder if they give specific instructions not to type in Jehovah's Witnesses or Watchtower in an Internet search engine.

The Watchtower was so stupid that they allowed Satan and his apostates to capture almost every derivation of the corporate and religious name as an apostate site; Thus, the internet is a mine field for the inquiring mind.

So, I agree that they are embarking on a very risky strategy.

Let's see what happens, I have known many JWs who could not spell their name. Perhaps stupidity is their saving grace.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

What will exponentiate is the recruitment of non-tech savvy wackos, who do not have the funds to support the borg, whereas anyone with more than 2 brain cells will explore the claims made. Net result: moneyless drone increase, others - yeah, not so much.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Whether the Jw`s live or die as an organisation will be totally dependant on the youth now and in the future.

Admittidly , they may have paused that inevitabillity by allowing bands , dancing , worldly songs , choirs , etc. into KH`s and conventions but that wont last.

Youth are very fickle.,older folk are saying what the hell is going on , "it`s not the religion it once was "

Youths are notorious for going against what their elders tell them , and its no different in the WT religion .

The internet is a two edged sword , one that wont favour Jehovahs Witnesses .

The youths of today in the religion of JW`s lead double lives and eventually it will mean not the end of JW`s but certainly a decline and stagnation of their growth .

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In another 30-40 years a can see a religion with perhaps a couple million spread around the globe.

• steve2
    steve2

The harm?

It will make door to door work seem even more effortful and wasteful - just watch JW.org sap their sagging motivation to get off their butts and door knock.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Clarity,

Song book should include the following title ------------ We belong to JW.ORG but are continually lost in the mist and forg .

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

SO much for staying away from Satan's world. JW are using Satan's resources to preach Jehovah's (not YHWH) message!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Outlaw, you're really putting the tinfoil hat on with the ISP thing lol. No way they can afford to do that. It's probably some deal to cheapen their own infrastructure costs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit