Biblical Prohecies That Came True?

by Viviane 250 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Are you not following the thread? You are so sure of yourself, "an outright fabrication," a sweeping statement indeed, for which I need proof.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Are you not following the thread?

Of course I am. It's just that's I've said so many things, I wasn't sure which one confused you. Much like Biblical prophecy, you weren't specific and your reqest could have fit any number of posts.

You are so sure of yourself, "an outright fabrication," a sweeping statement indeed, for which I need proof.

I am sure of myself. Knowing the subject matter will do that to a person.

Here you go. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Jamnia

We aren't debating whether or not certain councils happened, so don't try to detail the conversation with debate regarding this, please. It's a hypothesis based on scant evidence talking about something different than the hypothesis.

The debate is whether or not there is a Biblical prophecy that came true with specific names, dates and events described with exact fulfillment.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Viv, after all we've been through, you're like a stuck record, specific names, dates and events. And I repeat, it would be impossible to get first hand knowledge of these things unless you have a time machine. And the Council of Jamnia was your straw man (Phizzy also assisted there). Did you not read the quote from Prof. Kahle's book? You're right, it's not important, but you made an issue out of it. I looked it up and found a lot of conflicting sources. But you were so sure of yourself, I thought you had proof, but actually you've only got the opinion of the person that wrote the Wikipedia article. What an anticlimax!

Hi there Punky, good to hear from you. Perhaps the Israelites were disobedient to their God, and did not follow orders. Concerning the Jebusites, eventually David got rid of them, if I remember correctly. Better late than never. Not sure of Ezekiel's prophecy concerning Egypt though. Let me look it up and see what I can unearth.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

A prophet is one who speak for God so a prophesy need not be about predicting the future.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi Vid. How you doing? I hope you're ok.

Perhaps the Israelites were disobedient to their God, and did not follow orders.

That would be a first

Concerning the Jebusites, eventually David got rid of them, if I remember correctly. Better late than never. Not sure of Ezekiel's prophecy concerning Egypt. Let me look it up and see what I can unearth.

Thanks. I couldn't see much about it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So, we still have not found a Bible prediction that fits Viv's very fair criteria, and could thus be called a Prophesy.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Viv, after all we've been through, you're like a stuck record, specific names, dates and events. And I repeat, it would be impossible to get first hand knowledge of these things unless you have a time machine.

Yet we do know things about history, specific names, dates, events, etc., just none of of Biblical prophecy. It's clearly not impossible to know what happened in the past.

And the Council of Jamnia was your straw man (Phizzy also assisted there). Did you not read the quote from Prof. Kahle's book? You're right, it's not important, but you made an issue out of it.

A straw man? You brought it up, so you made a straw man argument against what? Ifit's not important, why did you bring it up? Why, if you brought it up, would have an issue with someone commenting on it?

But you were so sure of yourself, I thought you had proof, but actually you've only got the opinion of the person that wrote the Wikipedia article. What an anticlimax!

I did provide proof. Reality is often not as exciting as fantasy. The guy made up the council, no proof has ever been found in the 143 years since he made it up.

Since we clearly can know what happened in the past with specific names, dates and events recorded with no time machine needed, can anyone provide an example of a Biblical prophecy coming true exactly as foretold, having predicted specific names, dates and events?

• Viviane
    Viviane

A prophet is one who speak for God so a prophesy need not be about predicting the future.

Do you have an example of someone confirmed by God to be a prophet making a prophesy? That will basically turn into a theological argument with no one able to prove their specific "God" so is really just an argument about whether God exists.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

What about Israel becoming a nation again? If that was mentioned... sorry! I read through the first five pages.

• Viviane
    Viviane

What specifically was in the prophecy and what specifically happened?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit