Biblical Prohecies That Came True?

by Viviane 250 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane
    The specific details are there, so much , that people that understand what they read,cannot believe that it is a prophecy but that it was written after the fact.

Please name one such prophecy.

God is not going to spell it out for you how you like it

I didn't ask for it to be spelled out how I like it, nor did I ask God on this thread.

So far, no apologist has been able to provide a prophecy that came true as foretold exactly with names, dates and details that can be verified. You've claimed that exists, I am very interested in seeing it.

( I could draft a much better illustration, but I do not have the time. I trust you get my point.)

I've no idea what your point is since God is invisible and silent and, rather than idiotically wonder what to do, he idiotically killed everyone everytime he was a little irritated, unlike the woman in your example. She could have called the sheriff, built a fence around her land or, if she was more like me, provide the final warning with her AK47 and shotgun in tow.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    There so many prophecies that did not come true. The destruction of Tyre, Damascus, Jesus coming back before some of them would taste death etc. If only one doesn't come true then the Bible is false and I can think of six just off the top of my head.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Anyone?
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    Wishful thinking is as salve to the mind of those who require comfort from the acceptance of that which requires blind faith. The fear of the judgement of their perspective god keeps the mind captive and bereft of reality.
  • Splash
    Splash

I always wondered about the prophecies that suggest the anointed one will not have his bones broken.

Is it possible to have hands and feet nailed to a lump of wood, and no bones get broken?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Interestingly, there is no prophecy that none of Jesus bones would be broken.
  • Splash
    Splash

The writer of John discerned a retrospective correspondence when he wrote
    (John 19:36, 37) In fact, these things took place for the scripture to be fulfilled: “Not a bone of his will be broken.”  And again, a different scripture says: “They will look to the one whom they pierced."

And it's this which gives lead to the belief that those things written in the OT were there to indicate the genuine messiah of the NT.

In fact there's quite a few things which fit this pattern.

I guess the argument would come down to "what constitutes a prophecy?"
    If someone needs dates and names, there's not much, if anything, that will fit.
    The looser the criteria for a prophecy, the more will be found.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I guess the argument would come down to "what constitutes a prophecy?"
    If someone needs dates and names, there's not much, if anything, that will fit.
    The looser the criteria for a prophecy, the more will be found.

Not much of a prophecy then, if there is no way to tell what's going to happen, is it?

• Splash
    Splash
    Not much of a prophecy then, if there is no way to tell what's going to happen, is it?

You are in agreement with the WT on that.

*** w11 12/1 p. 13 Who Can Interpret Prophecy? ***
    Other prophecies are fully understood by servants of God only after their fulfillment. Many events in Jesus’ life had been prophesied centuries before his birth, but this was not fully understood by his disciples until after his resurrection. (John 19:36)

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You are in agreement with the WT on that.

A lot of Christians, not just the WT, say that. They want to have their cake and eat it, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit