Biblical Prohecies That Came True?

by Viviane 250 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I am not clued up with Ezekiel or his prophecies. I quote what I could find on the subject. Unfortunately I am not in a position to judge whether it happened or not. I just don't know. I wasn't there. But that doesn't mean that it didn't happen. If Cyrus could divert the Euphrates, surely Nebuchadnezzar could divert some of the Nile Canals.

After viewing this prophecy in its entirety, I am convinced that it did happen exactly as foretold. The Israelites were warned to subject themselves under the Babylonians, and not to flee to Egypt. If they refused, there would be dire consequences. There were. Jerusalem was sacked and the nation had to go into exile. But you skeptics would say all done after the fact even if there is evidence to the contrary. That's your prerogative. You believe what you want.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't "believe" in the sense that I feel something is true without proof. So, I do not believe the Nile dried up and the whole Land was barren withut some satisfactory proof. Why do you ?

Such instances are to be found in many of the so-called passages that are called "Prophecy".

Others are so vague, such as the demise of various Nations, that they do not fit the criteria of Prophecy.

I could predict in some detail the demise of the Chinese nation, and it may happen in a couple of thousand years time. I am not therfore a Prophet, any more than Mohammad was.

But if some parts of my prophecy fail, perhaps where I describe their whole territory as being Barren, the people of that time will rightly look upon me as a Chancer and a Charlatan, as were the prophets you quote.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

As for Viv's criteria, I have good news for you. You will be able to apply those after the resurrection (cf. Dan. 12:13). There will be eye witnesses around that will be able to tell you what had transpired. Then you will be able find out first hand what was predicted and how it came to be. Until then, you will have to use discernment and good judgment when sorting through the reports of writers and historians, some accurate, some not so accurate. After looking at the full picture (of history), you will be in a position to prove or disprove your theory or hypothesis.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I will discuss the fulfillments with you then Vidqun, if that were to happen.

The problem is so vast with the evidence against the Bible itself, or lack of any evidence for it, especially its being inspired by some "Being", and zilch evidence for any Resurrection, that I am unable to put any trust in the idea, appealing though it is.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Ilikecheese, has a point. If one can “prove” prophecy, that would be an indication that God exists.

How would "proving" a prophecy be more of an indication that God exists rather a lucky guess?

For Punky: Seems like Nebuchadnezzar did invade Egypt, but the information is scanty. One thing I know for sure, Egypt was never the same after his invasion. From then on Egypt was a secondary power:

Information is scant, but sureness abounds? That'sa recipe for embarassment. What prophecy is that dealing with, anyway?

After viewing this prophecy in its entirety, I am convinced that it did happen exactly as foretold.

Lots of people believe lots of things. It's not proof of anything.

• Viviane
    Viviane

As for Viv's criteria, I have good news for you.

So, still no prophecy that came true exactly as foretold with specific details.

• KateWild
    KateWild

What a wonderful example of a baiting thread. The OP is disingenuous. No prophecy in the Bible can be verified as written before it happened....that is all about faith.

I have lost faith in the bible and what it says, hence no one can convince me prophecies were fulfilled.

The way that some posters have been treated by others on this thread is a disgrace. This was not a good thread to read IMO, and confess I did not read it all.

Kate xx

• Viviane
    Viviane

As usual, you have nothing to contribute but ignorance and arrogance. Thanks for not staying! I mean that sincerely.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

in Viv's Post 1557 she said, and I rpeat it to underline the point :

" So, still no prophecy that came true exactly as foretold with specific details. "

• Viviane
    Viviane

Nope, nothing so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit