Biblical Prohecies That Came True?

by Viviane 250 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sound of crickets chirping. Tumble weed rolling by.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Indeed, phizzy.

• sunny23
    sunny23

This was not a good thread to read IMO, and confess I did not read it all.

Kate xx

Haha thats like ebert &roper saying "that movie was the worst we have seen all year, and we confess we did not watch it at all." Gee thanks for that.

I feel that for those who are not well versed enough in the bible to remember and identify all of the details of each prophecy because they spent more time daydreaming during bookstudy nights than listening, can benefit from a thread like this when you have family members trying to "prove" the bible is inspired by God because ALL of His prophecies came true to the last "T." Thank you to all who actually contributed. Marked

• Viviane
    Viviane

I just received a long PM from a poster trying show and amaze me at how accurate the Bible is at foretelling Jesus as the messiah and typing it to the 70 weeks in Daniel. It reminded of some of the threads going on today and I wanted to post my response here. I will not post the message to me, but I feel free to post my own words.

Neverminding the fact that none of those mention Jesus and could be applied to anyone, let's look at those with the assumption that they are about Jesus: 1: Micah 5:2 - Jesus never became ruler over Israel. It fails the test of "did it actually happen". 2: Jeremiah 23:5 - Jesus never became ruler over Israel. It fails the test of "did it actually happen". 3: Mathew 1:18-23 - That's not a prophecy, that a recounting decades later. Perhaps you meant to include another verse? Even if you did, it's can't in any way be verified to have happened, so it doesn't lend anything to the idea of prophecy coming true. 4: Psalm 34:20 - That scripture talking about a generic righteous person and is in no way a prophecy about a messiah. It's an outright false claim to say that is a prophecy about a messiah. 5: Hosea 6:2 - That is a prophet speaking about what the Lord would do for them, not in any way a prophesy about a coming Messiah. It also says they would be revived after two, not three, days and that they were injured, not killed and dead. It's an outright false claim to say that a prophesy about a messiah.

So far you've not provided anything even close to a prophecy about Jesus that came true (or is even about Jesus or a coming messiah). Not only does it not show the accuracy of the Bible, it highlights the complete wrongness of what is often claimed about what the Bible says.

There is nothing in the Bible to say to interpret timelines to use a day for a year. That is something made up and layered on by later numerologists seeking to find meanings and dates in the Bible. You've not determined a starting point for that prophecy. Nothing in the text says that is the starting date. That's something you've added.

In short, you've taken a vague text, added in ideas that appear nowhere in the original text, misconstrued and blatantly lied about what the text says and added in mythical "princicples" on how do specious math to arrive at a date for prophecies that don't actually exist.

The only amazing thing here (since you suggested I would be amazed) is that you expected me to be duped by this utter chicanery and outright lies. Indeed, I am amazed anyone is duped by it.

End PM. As it stands, I've yet to have anyone show me a prophecy from the Bible that came true.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Viviane, As it stands, I've yet to have anyone show me a prophecy from the Bible that came true.

Well, you'll just have to wait then.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Well, you'll just have to wait then.

Actually, I don't have to wait at all. People make that claim every day and every day it is proven wrong. With a 100% failure rate over ~4000 years, you can trust that I am in no way waiting for a prophecy in the Bible to come true.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Yes, I know.

Happy dreams.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Quote- As it stands, I've yet to have anyone show me a prophecy from the Bible that came true. – end quote

Matt 24:11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many;

Isaiah 29:13 And Jehovah says: “For the reason that this people have come near with their mouth, and they have glorified me merely with their lips, and they have removed their heart itself far away from me, and their fear toward me becomes men’s commandment that is being taught,

Micah 7:6 For a son is despising a father; a daughter is rising up against her mother; a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man’s enemies are the men of his household.

Matthew 10:34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household.

Quote- So far you've not provided anything even close to a prophecy about Jesus that came true (or is even about Jesus or a coming messiah). – end quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOQClgNRoPc

1:55 - 2:15

[For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.]

[By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him.]

[He got to be for some days with the disciples in Damascus, 20 and immediately in the synagogues he began to preach Jesus, that this One is the Son of God.]

[Whoever makes the confession that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, God remains in union with such one and he in union with God.]

[But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.]

[First this one found his own brother, Simon, and said to him: “We have found the Mes·si´ah” (which means, when translated, Christ). 42 He led him to Jesus.]

[She said to him: “Yes, Lord; I have believed that you are the Christ the Son of God, the One coming into the world.”]

[The woman said to him: “I know that Mes·si´ah is coming, who is called Christ. Whenever that one arrives, he will declare all things to us openly.” 26 Jesus said to her: “I who am speaking to you am he.”]

• Viviane
    Viviane

JohnAmos,

Was your intent to provide a prophecy that came true? If so, you've not done so.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Do you think any prophecies specifically and accurately came true? If so, why?

What specific knowledge was required to predict an event that had happened before under similiar circumstances? Why wasn't Jesus specific on who would do it and exactly when?

The specific details are there, so much , that people that understand what they read,cannot believe that it is a prophecy but that it was written after the fact.

God is not going to spell it out for you how you like it. You will know it was prophecy when it especially happens to you. IT fits like a glove. Prophecy is spoken or written ironically and poetically so that when it comes true, those that jeer and mock get hit with it, and the joke is on them. Poetic justice served.

For example, it is a historical fact that the northern 10 tribe kingdom was massacred by the Assyrians. You will need to read those specific prophecies, the choice of words used, the people that God used, the meaning of their names and every detail of what the prophet said and savor those words as you compare the details to the historical event. It is all spelled out in irony, but it hit them after it happened. Same thing with the southern kingdom.

Let me illustrate: You live in your private house on your own land. Because you are very kind, you allow some needy people to live on your land. Time passes and the people instead of being thankful, think that you are stupid and think that they can do whatever they like on your land.They laugh at you, they offend you, they repay your goodness by using it against you to harm you. So they deliberately set up a portable toilet in front of your house. First, you go up to them and tell them: "How can you do this to me?, I have helped you. I have been nice with you. This is how you pay me back?" They just jeer at you. Now you ask them to stop. They laugh at you and the stench from the toilet reaches your house. It is so bad that you have to move out. But you are a woman of justice! Like the blind woman with scales on her hand! And you say: They will pay.. So you send a messenger to tell them to stop, they kick him out. Finally you send clowns to them reciting nursery rhymes. The clowns go to them and recite this poem: "The men in blue! The men in blue" And they tell them what they think is a bunch of nonsense and your enemies believe that they drove you out of your land but what your hinting at with the clowns if they would only listen is that they are not going to get away with what they did to you and you are going to require justice from them and you have the power to do it. And you spell out to them in poetry and nursery rhymes and word play and a beautiful use of puns and mastery of literature and language ( with the use of your messenger clowns) how you are going to deal with them. And you warned them!!. Then on a very special ironic day, and they will know why you chose that specific day, specially for them, when it happens to them on that special day And then they realize what the clowns were trying to say, not so funny, every word especially thought out by you so that on your day of vengeance every detail of what the clowns said was a special surprise just for them. You warned them, they did not stop, they did not see how wrong they were acting, and now they understand that there are ways to pay.

( I could draft a much better illustration, but I do not have the time. I trust you get my point.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit